It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pheromone mind control... sort of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

It sounds like the stuff of science fiction, but scientists have discovered that a whiff of a certain hormone makes people more willing to trust others with their money.

and

Describing the work today in the journal Nature, Kosfeld and his collaborators acknowledge that their findings could be misused.

full article

Talk about an understatement! I am sure that they want to present all of their grant requests in person from now on!

Findings like these are particularly scary because they manipulate you in such a way that you are not aware that you are being manipulated.

I expect to see this hormone in colognes and perfumes before long. What are your thoughts on how "fair" that sort of thing is. An unscrupulous (read: average) businessman is doing a pitch to his clients. Is it ethical then to wear this type of cologne?

I know that this isn't the usual Science and Technology fare which tends to be far more dry "technology" as opposed to something like this that is more "wet" technology being almost a biotech kind of thing.

Moderators: if this should be moved, please feel free, I just wasn't exactly sure where this should go.

new topics

join