It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq’s WMD – Hidden in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Syrian journalist Nizar Nayuf outs Syria’s role in smuggling WMD out of Iraq. Nizar Nayuf reports that Syria smuggled the weapons out of Iraq before the USA led invasion hiding them at three separate locations. One of which is located below the once destroyed city of Hama (destroyed in 1982 by the government to slaughter non Baathists, 40,000 killed).

Source

Letter from a Syrian source to Nizar:

"Dear Nizar.

We received confirmations that the Iraqi weapons, which were moved to Syria by the help of General Zoul-Himla Chalich are now hidden in three places inside Syria:

First place: a tunnel dug in the mountain close to the Al-Baïdah village, which is roughly two kilometers from Misyaf village. This place is under the 489 Safety cipher Documents' office control .

Second place: the factory of the Air Armed Forces in the village of Tal Sinan, between the town of Hama and Salamiyyah. This factory is under the Air Force control.

Third place: the location of Shinsar, 40 kilometers south of Homs, two kilometers east of the Homs - Damascus road. There are underground tunnels there, controlled by Brigade 661 of the armed air Forces. It is a Brigade of air Patrol. The tunnels are several tens of meters deep.

The weapons were transported in large wooden cases and barrels, under the supervision of the General Zoul-Himla Chalich and the son of his brother Assef, who works at Al-Bachaer company.

The company is owned by the Assad family and has offices in Beirut, Damascus and Baghdad.

This company also undertook the illegal Iraqi oil importation in Syria, and supplied weapons to Saddam. I will try to send you all the new information as i get .

Take care and be safe."

Satellite pics and drawings of the sites here

So, it appears that Saddams buddy Assad, both Baathist governments, helped him remove his stockpiles prior to the invasion in 2003.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
nice find, but rather hard to prove without invading syria.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bushfriend
nice find, but rather hard to prove without invading syria.

Im game...Rather be there than Iraq.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
is globalsecurity.org considered a credible site? In my internet wanderings, I see them a lot, I don't know whether to put them in the likes of janes, or the likes of worldnetdaily ?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I would really like to see more info from another media outlet to comfirm this story.

I really think this is what has happend to the Iraq WMD's, they were transfered to Syria prior to the war.

I don't think these weapons were transfered to Iran because of the Iran / Iraq war and the religous fighting between the Sunies and the Sheit's (sorry about the spelling) I just don't see these weapons going to Iran.

If this story pans out, and if Syria is sitting on the WMD's and they use these weapons on Israel, God help us all!

I feel that in the near future if Syria does not stop it's intrusions into Iraq, that they will be next on the hit list.

This Syria story popped up a few years ago and I would really like to see some hard proof of the WMD transfer.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think we should just go around the MiddleEast invading countries until we find the missing WMD's. You know, like a game of whack-a-mole or something. Then, after we fail to find the WMD's in any country in the ME (because they don't exist), we should start invading other random countries across the planet looking for the WMD's. It'll be like the quest for the Holy Grail. It's a wonderful excuse to kill all kinds of interesting people

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The Iraq survey group looked into the claims but was unable to find any evidence that it happened.

washingtonpost: Report Finds No Evidence Syria Hid Iraqi Arms

cjf

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
When/if WMD caches are found in Iraq, they will of course be ‘planted’, right?

There is quite a bit of evidence both pro and con on 'if' and 'when' WMD were removed from Iraq prior to coalition invasion. There have been a number of threads on that particular topic here, as well as news articles, research papers, investigations and ‘general’ coverage over the past few years.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yeah, xmotex is right. This is simply an excuse to kill people because that is what we Americans like to do; go deeper into national debt and kill people we don't know.
We've already been told by some of the best liberals in the country that Hussein had no chemical or biological weapons or the means by which to create them and had no intention of creating WMD's (By the way, WMD's are weapons such as atomic bombs, not chem/bio weapons. Sorry for the splitting of hairs), and he probably never ever did anything to any of the people of Iraq. As a matter of fact, he probably didn't even invade the Kuwaitis, either.

There are no special weapons in any country that came from Iraq. As a matter of fact, there are no terrorists, it is merely a lie spread by the American government so that they can gleefully kill people. Remember, it is the Americans who are evil, nobody else!

How's that? Did I cover all the bases?

Wait, one more thing....

...but if there were any terrorists attacking America, then it would only be due to the fact that America deserves it for all the good...er...I mean all the BAD America has done to the world!

Ok, I think that covers it all.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I think we should just go around the MiddleEast invading countries until we find the missing WMD's. You know, like a game of whack-a-mole or something. Then, after we fail to find the WMD's in any country in the ME (because they don't exist), we should start invading other random countries across the planet looking for the WMD's. It'll be like the quest for the Holy Grail. It's a wonderful excuse to kill all kinds of interesting people

What a terrible thing to say. Any comment on the possibility of the WMD's being in Syria? Thought not, as you only post anti western propaganda, never make any actualy effort to reply on the topics.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Mr. Crowne.

Wilst your facetious post was humourous at best. Can I ask , how you, as such a proponent of the west, can nonchalantly insinuate that the USA has NOT been behind most of the exploitative policies during the latter half of the twentieth century?

That being said (and being the case) How can you not expect reprercussions?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
Mr. Crowne.

Wilst your facetious post was humourous at best. Can I ask , how you, as such a proponent of the west, can nonchalantly insinuate that the USA has NOT been behind most of the exploitative policies during the latter half of the twentieth century?

That being said (and being the case) How can you not expect reprercussions?

Comical. Make ASSUMPTIONS without any kind of proof or backup and then ask a man a question that assumes what you say it true. Priceless.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Thought not, as you only post anti western propaganda, never make any actualy effort to reply on the topics.

I criticize transparent far right pro-war propaganda, I don't post "anti-western" propaganda.

TC, you are in fact incorrect, the term WMD is commonly used as a catchall term including all NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) weaponry. And no, I don't think there were any WMD stockpiles in Iraq post-1991. Interrogations of regime officers like Tariq Aziz have revealed that they were all destroyed after the first Gulf War, but Hussein played games with inspectors in order to bluff the Iranians. It's not suprising that the Administration is not publicizing this information however, the facts don't suit their purposes.

As for terrorists, there are plenty, more than ever now that we've given them the invasion of Iraq as the perfect recruiting tool.

[edit on 7/22/05 by xmotex]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Ive a idea skippytjc

How about you open one thread call it "skippytjc`s No spin zone"

Now you can post every little bit of dribble you find promoting Neo cons agenda.

Btw i just spent 1hour+ reading your posts, I was wondering if you are Karl rove or trolling for the Whitehouse?

[edit on 22-7-2005 by owell]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well, it wouldn't be the first time that dissidents or exiles from an Arab country bring fantasy tales about WMD, wouldn't it? Caution advised, especially since it makes little sense. If Saddam really wanted to hide something, then Iraq's deserts are big enough instead of relying on others Saddam didn't trust.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by Simon666]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

...but if there were any terrorists attacking America, then it would only be due to the fact that America deserves it for all the good...er...I mean all the BAD America has done to the world!

Ok, I think that covers it all.

Actually this story does not surprise me, they supposedly have the sat photos, that show the traucks being loaded and unloaded, some in the Beka Valley of lebanon.

So why not show them? I dunno, but I am sure there is a good reason, the capabilities maybe? Or maybe they were pictures taken nearby and the source of them could be compromised.

What is going on with Syria behind the scenes is very serious, as you can see by the way they have somewhat given in to US demands, but apparently not enough.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by owell
Ive a idea skippytjc

How about you open one thread call it "skippytjc`s No spin zone"

Now you can post every little bit of dribble you find promoting Neo cons agenda.

Btw i just spent 1hour+ reading your posts, I was wondering if you are Karl rove or trolling for the Whitehouse?

[edit on 22-7-2005 by owell]

First up Owell, welcome to ATS, good to see newbs posting.

Some advice before I officialy respond: I would read the TOS before you post again, as personal attacks are against the rules.

#1 You obviously need to spend more than an hour reading my posts, because you clearly have no clue about my opinions. I certainly hope it didnt take you an hour to read just this post...

#2 Not only am I NOT Carl Rove, I dont even like him or his boss and certainly didnt vote for them.

#3 Feel free to select the "ignore" option if you think I just post dribble. I would prefer it.

#4 Its customary to actualy reply to threads regarding the TOPIC of the thread, rather than random hate statements. You will learn this as you become more accustomed with the INTERNET and posting on forums.

I will forgive all these points as you are clearly very new to online world. Again, welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Actually this story does not surprise me, they supposedly have the sat photos, that show the traucks being loaded and unloaded, some in the Beka Valley of lebanon.

Rightwing rags like WorldNetDaily have made the same claims about the Bekaa Valley. What they didn't expect was that within a year, Lebanon would kick out Syria and noone saw any moving out of WMD. So on to the next conspiracy theory that tries to keep up the illusion your leaders created for you please.

cshink.com...
worldnetdaily.com...

Originally posted by edsinger
What is going on with Syria behind the scenes is very serious, as you can see by the way they have somewhat given in to US demands, but apparently not enough.

They have given some cooperation in the war on terror, they kept the deck of most wanted out of Syria (Saddam's sons according to some reports first tried to flee to Syria but were turned back), yet nothing will ever suffice for Washington. All they want is for Syria to bend over, open its economy, stop asking Israel to give the Golan Heights back and stop bugging Israel in other ways (like supporting Hamas and Hizbollah).

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well as pointed out there is no evidence of such activity.

I would have to say I am sure intelligence mat have looked over the data. However we have not invaded Syria, we must therefore assume these weapons are not in Syria.

After all, it was these said weapons we went to war over.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I don't care if Syria has them. They lack the ballz to do anything more than insurgency and terrorism. I WOULD, however like to know the truth about this story. If they were transferred to Syria, then the war was justified.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join