It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda claims responsibility for latest bombings in London

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
No conspiracy here guys, these attacks are really terrorists with real terrorist motivations.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

“A statement posted Friday on an Islamic website in the name of an al-Qaeda-linked group claimed responsibility for latest blasts targeting London's transport system.
The group, Abu Hafs al Masri Brigade, also claimed responsibility for the July 7 bombings which killed 52 people and four suicide bombers....

"Our strikes in the depths of the capital of the British infidels our only a message to other European governments that we will not relent and sit idle before the infidel soldiers will leave the land of the two rivers," said the statement....

"While we bless these strikes, our next attacks will be Hellish for the enemies of God," said the latest statement.

"We will strike in the hearts of European capitals, in Rome, in Amsterdam and in Denmark where their soldiers are in still in Iraq pursuing their British and American masters," the statement added.

The Abu Hafs al Masri Brigades are named after the alias given to Mohammed Atef, Osama bin Laden's top deputy who was killed in a U.S. air strike in Afghanistan in November, 2001.

Experts have said that the group has no proven track record of attacks, and note it has claimed responsibility for events in which it was unlikely to have played any role, such as the 2003 blackouts in the United States and London that resulted from technical problems...."

I must admit the London authorities seem to be doing an amazing job with this. FAST!! They CLEARLY dont have the red tape we do in the USA going after these people. Good job.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I don't know, you'd think that no self respecting terrorist would want to claim responsibility for those bombs.....they didn't seem to work too well, or was it their plan to just have alot of smoke? Which, maybe I am wrong, but weren't they all basically duds....

They did test for chemical or bio agents didn't they?

they keep pointing to Italy or Denmark, or whatever saying they are next...but my gut keeps telling me we are...the US...hope they aren't taking them to their word and letting their guard down....just in case.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Experts have said that the group has no proven track record of attacks, and note it has claimed responsibility for events in which it was unlikely to have played any role, such as the 2003 blackouts in the United States and London that resulted from technical problems...."

So it sounds unlikely it had anything to do with this group, just wannabe terrorists.

We used to have the same thing with bombings and the IRA, independant groups claiming responsibility to try to earn some sort of respect.

Lets hope they do figure out which group is responsible, so they can be targeted dircectly. So far it seems these attcks are home bred and it is likely they have no communication with the real AQ.

Last thing we need is wannabes confusing intelligence networks.

join