It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did Greenspan Know about the London Bombings Two Days before?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Uruknet

July 20, 2005

Two days before the London subway bombings, Fed-Master Alan Greenspan flushed nearly $40 billion in liquidity into financial markets. The sudden activity was an astonishing departure from the current policy of tightening interest rates to stifle inflation. The Chairman has not explained his erratic behavior, but there’s growing speculation that Greenspan may have had information about the likelihood of terrorist attacks and decided to “preemptively” head-off a run on the markets. As it turns out, his actions may have been a positive factor in stabilizing the market following the incident, (check: The Cunning Realist; “following the money” for more on the Fed’s unusual action:
cunningrealist.blogspot.com...) but that doesn’t address the larger issue of whether Greenspan had inside information that an attack was imminent.

people are unaware that the Federal Reserve gets information directly from the CIA. Perhaps, the level of “chatter” was sufficiently high to warrant the extraordinary measures. (“The Fed almost doubled its temporary pool in just a few days!”) That doesn’t explain, however, why alarms were not raised in England. In fact, as Democracy Now reported on July 19, “London lowered the security threat just before the July 7 bombings”.

Why?

The details now surfacing about the London bombings are familiar to those who have researched the anomalies surrounding September 11. In both cases the government version of events is shot with holes.
Emphasis mine.

Sooooooo the Federal reserve Director knew something the British public didn't. How funny the Fed gets its info from the CIA.

Peace

[edit on 22/7/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Geeeeee what a huge coincidence. Check this for a spike.

Peace

xu

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
wow good find

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
That is most interesting and it should call for the masses of people in both America and england to demand an explanation.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
From $3.7bn to just about $9.5bn and back down to $4.5bn in less than three days. Anyone else think this is VERY, VERY FISHY.

Peace

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GREGNOW
That is most interesting and it should call for the masses of people in both America and england to demand an explanation.

Well, with all these terror alerts and such. The public are not in a position to demand answers from the two Governments who "claim" they are "trying" to protect us. From the people who they trained in the 80's.

Its all very weird.

Peace

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Actually, the truth is that we are always in a position to demand explanations and for action to then be taken. To many feel that the general public has no power. This is not true. The problem is that we are lazy and complain instead of forming the masses together and protesting until something is done ( i am guily of being such a lazy person).

The truth is that this will go no further then the posts on this thread. We all have jobs and lives that take up our time and on top of that we are lazy and will not go any further in protesting to those we actually need to protest to. Protesting on this web site will do nothing. However if we were all to write our congressmen and demand action (that is those of us that vote), action would be taken. It takes masses of people to do this though. If masses of people from each state are complaining to their congressman of each state and threating not to vote for him unless an investigation is started, then those congressmen would demand investigations.
The general public ALWAYS holds the power on how this country is run, we are just lazy in actually taking action (i am not talking violence). Instead, we voice complaints to each other or on website blogs which will not do anything in the long run.
The power is welded by a few men but the power can be controlled or taken away by the general masses if we would just choose to take the correct actions in doing so (again, i am NOT taking about violence).
The masses can also email amd write the media to demand they cover these things as news and the media will do it if there are masses of people wanting it done.
Think about what issues congressmen bring up when they run for office. They always bring up abortion or taxes or things that the country is divided on anyway. They know that the vote is based more on how they come off looking to the public and not on the actual issues as those issues are always divided on anyway and never get solved.
If the masses of people would bring up issues like the one on this post and demand investigations to their congressmen, it is an issue that people are not divided on and action can actually be taken. There also a lot of ignorant people in America that would not even know or hear about the issue brought up in this thread, so it then lies on those of us that are not ignorant to educate those that are. One way of doing this is through sites like this.
This is one of the great things about NYC. Before the Iraq war there were massive protests against it in NYC. However there were hardly any protests in any other states. People may have stated to others that they were against the war in other states but no real action was taken.
If protests were going on in all the states, we never would have went to war, as the president would be more worried about being elected again. And even if he was not worried about being elected again and went to war anyway against the massive statewide protests, our congressmen of all the states would be pretesting the actions of the Fed. gov't. and action would be taken.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by GREGNOW]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There is one thing to keep in mind.

The Federal Reserve is NOT owned by the government. It is a privately owned company.

There is absolutley nothing federal about the fed.

Take a look for yourself.

Money masters pt1 *.wmv, 44mb
Money Masters pt2 *.wmv, 47mb

Peace

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It seems to me you guys are grasping at straws.

Two bloggers? Any other sources?

How can there be such huge foreknowledge of the attacks. If Greenspan knew then are you saying that hundreds of government employies knew but said nothing?

Why are so many so eager to blame their own governments instead of our enemies?

Also, it makes no sense, the London bombings were not nearly as disruptive as 9-11, so if he knew that the bombed stations would be up and running again, why the huge amount of money?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftBehind
It seems to me you guys are grasping at straws.

Really.

Two bloggers? Any other sources?
I quoted 1 source from an Iraqi (I believe) newsite. The only thing from the blogger is the graph.

How can there be such huge foreknowledge of the attacks. If Greenspan knew then are you saying that hundreds of government employies knew but said nothing?

No, hundreds of government officials didn't know. Do I really need to say it again. The Federal Reserve IS NOT, I repeat IS NOT a government agency. It is privately owned the government has no say in what the Fed. does. So I would guess no one in the government itself knew of the attacks.

Why are so many so eager to blame their own governments instead of our enemies?

ummmmm..........Well 9/11 was without doubt orchastrated by some group inside the government. A very powerful group. NOT Al-Q.

Peace

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
A bit of a coincidence that security was lowered in the WTC complex the around the Thursday before 9/11, and the spikes in airline put options only for the two companies that had their planes hijacked, and then lo and behold this financial action as London security was lowered. Interesting.

And what's more, both had military/police excercises practicing the exact things that were about to hit them, as they hit them. Interesting indeed. Coincidences abound...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
A bit of a coincidence that security was lowered in the WTC complex the around the Thursday before 9/11, and the spikes in airline put options only for the two companies that had their planes hijacked, and then lo and behold this financial action as London security was lowered. Interesting.

And what's more, both had military/police excercises practicing the exact things that were about to hit them, as they hit them. Interesting indeed. Coincidences abound...

I know, its rediculous.

What are the odds of that happening on both attacks.

Peace

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GREGNOW
Actually, the truth is that we are always in a position to demand explanations and for action to then be taken. To many feel that the general public has no power. This is not true. The problem is that we are lazy and complain instead of forming the masses together and protesting until something is done ( i am guily of being such a lazy person).

That is exactly why I've been trying to create a movement both here and in my personal life. So far the only response I've received is "It'll never work. People are too lazy." So there you go. I've written my representative, my senator, John Conyers (the only man with the nads to take on Bush right now), various news outlets, and I tell everyone I know to do the same.
So I'm trying to do my part.

If you really want to get something started we should make it our duty to start it here. We have enough people asking enough questions to cause a stir. I encourage everyone here that wants answers from the U.S. and British governments to get oraganized right here right now. And remember that we MUST BE LOGICAL about what it is we want answers to. We can't just start throwing conspiracy theories at them and expect us to be taken seriously. If ATS is willing to sponser such an organized movement you have me and my wife's full support.

new topics

top topics

join