It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Suicide Bomber Shot At Stockwell Tube Station

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
If the guy WAS carrying a bomb, then it would most likely be located around his chest or torso. It would make a lot more sense to get him down, close, and shoot him in the head, or if the body, where they can see there is no explosives. Rather than shooting from long range while in pursuit, which would have a much higher risk of itting said explosives.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Okay - let me word it more precisely. Until I hear a plausible reason for why you would need to shoot dead a suspect that you have down 3 to 1, and who could, if taken alive, possibly lead to more suspects or even higher level people, my opinion is...

this is the stupidest thing I've heard in a long time.

That's no mud. That's just my thoughts on this action. I think some one got a little trigger happy.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Well you have a suspected suicide bomber, what do you do Valhall? your chasing a suspected bomber, he is running towards a train and he is one of the bombers from yesterday (Scotland Yard confirmed), what do you do? how do you stop him? remember you have a split second to do it, if you going to shot him

[edit on 22-7-2005 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Yes but we don't know if he had his hand in his pocket, how the bomb could be triggered, etc and nor do they. They only and best way to almost guarantee that he can't set it off somehow is to kill him.
They can't see the triggering mechanism until it's too late see.
I do understand your point but in these situations you can't take risks.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Because we have to get the public used to policemen shooting people.

Typicsl Conspiracy Answer Number 32. But It's plausible enough to a goosebrain like me.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Infinite's right, you don't have time to think in these situations you have to do what seems the best thing at the time, and they were under strict orders to shoot dead any suspects on sight.

There's a video floating around on the internet from Iraq or somewhere like that and the authorities have pinned a man to the ground as they did this one, surrounded by civilians, and he still set the bomb off, it's not a pretty video.
All because they didn't shoot to kill, many people died and were maimed.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Scotland Yard confirmed.

the guy who has been shot is dead

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
i large area has been sealed off, i dont know if that means there are some sort of explosives at stockwell...

*sighs* where's Nerdling when you need him

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
WTF is Going On in London?

Has Fear Taken Over?

This Situation is Getting out of Control...

[edit on 22/7/05 by Souljah]

xu

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
its interesting that no news source confirms anything about him carrying a bomb on himself, eyewitnesses are just mentioning the jacket with a bulge. the guy is dead, and probably his clothes are stored in plastic evidence bags by now. so why not no one confirms that he was actually a suicide bomber, rather than babling about how big his jacket was.

such accidents happen. if the guy was not actually a suicide bomber, he could be someone mentally ill or under heavy depression, once I watched a video which a black young boy holded his cellphone as if it is a gun to the police officers who were warning him to stop and lay down, the boy just walked away and a second later all of the officers fired like 20 rounds to the boy from 1 meter distance. the shooters werent charged. so until someone confirms that the guy was an actual suicide bomber than this case could be something similar

it would be wise to take a suicide bomber alive "if possible" because no public source knows who is behind the attacks, and the good thing with the suicide missions is that it doesnt leave any proof behind that could talk. (good for the directors of the event)

everybody is making assumptions some are saying it is al-Qaeda. if nobody knows who is behind the attacks then it means nobody knows who is behind the attacks, however even though the authorities does not point to a source directly, the news sources are telling public in forms of subliminal messages that the muslims are behind it. "not just some radical extremist islamists" but "muslims" in general. there is an increased campaign of alienation of muslims these last couple of years. such things are preparing public for who the enemy in the next worlds war will be.

and from my point of view if Al-Qaeda commits these bombings then I will know that which covert agency is behind it.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Unconfirmed media reports said the man shot at Stockwell station -- close to the Oval, one of four sites targeted on Thursday -- was a suicide bomber although witnesses said he did not appear to be carrying anything.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Ok, conflicting reports...

Some have said one clean shot.
Some have said 3 shoots

and one states 5 shots

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
On my Local Slovenian Newstation it says that the Policemen had Caught him, thrown him to the ground and THEN one Police Officer shot him Five Times, while he was on the Ground...

RTV Slovenija

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
its happening!

let me tell you what im seeing.

it really really looks like the 100th monkey syndrome is taking effect. everyday the bellcurve to the mass awakening grows exponetially! people are becoming aware that these terror attacks are controlled. that al qaida is controlled.

i cannot coment on the latest 5bullet update, but i am convinced that this too could very easily be manufactured terror, as the prior attacks in london are looking to be.

the attacks are going to happen everyday until the people stop questioning the authority. stand strong london, do not cower to terrorism and keep asking questions.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
So we know he is dead, we know he was running.

Surely they must have searched him by now? Can they confirm he was carrying a bomb?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   

"They pushed him onto the floor and unloaded five shots into him. He's dead," witness Mark Whitby told the British Broadcasting Corporation. "He looked like a cornered fox. He looked pertrified," said Whitby.

Whitby said it didn't look like the man was carrying anything but said he was wearing a thick coat that looked padded.

haaretz

Do one need a thick coat during summer in London?
How is the weather for London today?

xu

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Souljah what is it saying about this photo (from your link)? do they search people like this in those parts?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by xu
Souljah what is it saying about this photo (from your link)? do they search people like this in those parts?

Under the Photo is says - Regarding the Bomb-Blasts Yesterday:

Police has Arrested Two Men after the Attacks, but has Released them after the Interrogation.

This Photo does not have to do with the Todays Shooting.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
On my Local Slovenian Newstation it says that the Policemen had Caught him, thrown him to the ground and THEN one Police Officer shot him Five Times, while he was on the Ground...

RTV Slovenija

The London Times reports the same thing, though the details all appear to have been given by one eyewitness, "Mark":
www.timesonline.co.uk...

xu

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
ok thanks, Im sure if that guy in the pic had a panic attack before he showed that there is no bomb under his clothes he would be dead by now for sure.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join