It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The undying spirit, Al-Fallujah.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by SportyMB
Now, Souljah, where is that proof to your assumptions that Troops (specifically Marines) are doing XTC in Iraq? You have none.

C'MON!

There are REPORTS about the Drugs Usage Before they entered Service and reports about drug usage AFTER their Service?

And you think that "In-Between" they dont do them?

I know a Few Soldiers here, and I remember when they went an a Military Exercise and were really pumped up with XTC so that they were the First in the Finish and so that they could Relax before others arrived.

And you think NONE of the Marines, that were Fighting in the Ugliest and the Harderst Battles in Iraq - in Fallujah - did NOT use any of those Drugs, that they were Hooked on Before they arrived, when they needed them Most?

OK, Fine belive that - if you Belive in Santa....

You have to understand the training the Marines have to go through. Its to the extreme, every marine i've met are built very well and have a huge since of pride.

XTC are not used in any branch of service (of course the sneaky ones who are more than likely jailed), infact they look at your records for any past drug references. A family friend was knocked out of basic for those very same reasons.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

or that American soldiers have air conditioning underwears wen seeing the soldiers in extremely hot conditions, wearing body armor and helmets.

LOL where do you come up with this stuff?
aren't i always asked for evidence to support my claims?

Airconditioned underwear hahahahaha.
If they did say that, i think they where just making fun of you.

www.cnn.com...

here.

BAGHDAD, Iraq, Aug. 6 -- As an American soldier peered out of a passing tank, a young engineering student and a retired accountant contemplated one of the more common questions on the streets of Baghdad: Did the soldier's wraparound sunglasses give him X-ray vision?

"With those glasses, he can definitely see through women's clothes," said the engineering student, Samer Hamid. "It makes me angry. We are afraid to take our families out on the street."

The retired accountant, Hekmet Tinber Hassan, smiled and said it was a baseless rumor, just like the widespread story that Saddam Hussein had been secretly working for America and was now at a C.I.A. safe house. "I do not believe Saddam is in America," Mr. Hassan said. "I heard he went to Tel Aviv."

Just as truth is the first casualty of war, urban legends seem to be the first creation of a military occupation, especially when the cultural gap is as wide as it is here. After life under Mr. Hussein, people here are accustomed to conspiracy theories and ready to believe the worst about anyone in power.

Of course, Americans have been circulating their own kinds of legends, starting with the fantasies a few months ago that the occupying troops would be peacefully welcomed by a nation of grateful flower-waving citizens. But there have been more guns than flowers. In the urban legends flourishing here, the soldiers triumphed thanks to Mr. Hussein's treachery and to American technology. The legend about the X-ray sunglasses may have evolved from reports about the soldiers' night-vision goggles, or maybe just from the imposing Terminator image of the soldiers.

Compared with the residents, who cope with 120-degree heat by staying in the shade and dressing in light clothes and sandals, the soldiers have the look of robotic aliens as they patrol in the midday sun wearing combat boots, helmets and armored vests.

Some Iraqis say the soldiers take special pills that keep them cool, but the most common theory is that they have portable air-conditioners -- usually said to be inside the vests, but sometimes placed in the helmet or even the underwear.

"There is fluid circulating throughout the underwear," said Mr. Hamid, the engineering student. "I am not sure of the exact mechanism, but we all know the Americans have very sophisticated technology."

Aadel Delli, the owner of a food market in downtown Baghdad, said he did not believe the air-conditioned-uniform stories, which he attributed to popular doubts about Americans' capacity for discomfort. "Most Iraqis thought the American soldiers would be gone by now because they could never stand the summer in Iraq," he said.

Sweltering soldiers have tried dispelling the myths about their gear by letting Iraqis touch their vests and try on their sunglasses, but some legends will not die.

"I let a kid put on my sunglasses, and he was still convinced they had X-ray vision," said Sgt. Stephen Roach, a soldier from Lufkin, Tex. "He kept saying to me, `Turn it on, turn it on.' "

i dont dink they were making fun of anibody i think they actually believed it.
. but thats how life is in Iraq in a closed society for these people.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
I can see this is not going anywhere...you have no proof.

Well Sir,

You are Right - I have No Proof at this time about the Usage of XTC in the US Troops stationed in Iraq.

I wish I could count as Proof my "Gut Feeling", but that wont Work.

My Humble Opinion is, that US Troops are on some or other Drugs in Iraq, sometimes as anti-depressives, other times as relaxation and maybe as a power boost - like XTC.

We all know what was going on in 'Nam - so you think Iraq today is any different?

You think soldiers in 'Nam did not take Wizz-Quiz?

Let me just Repeat this Quote and you can Think about it later:

Since 1998, positive urinalysis results for the designer drug Ecstasy within the Department of the Navy has increased 556 percent.

[edit on 22/7/05 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Nam is a different story with whole other Generation...you know what I mean

Apples and Oranges my friend

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Souljah-

While I do admire your spirit of resistance, and do think you take many an unfair lashing here at ats........This speculative argument as to whether or not US soldiers are taking drugs is assenine. First off PEOPLE use drugs. That is why the war on drugs has been a failure worldwide. Everyone, teachers, moms, dads, sons, daughters, etc, etc. Why would soldiers be any different?

There are plenty of issues that deserve more attention than this.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Since 1998, positive urinalysis results for the designer drug Ecstasy within the Department of the Navy has increased 556 percent.

I already gave my spill on that, and it's agree......but to do so in Iraq
is nearly impossible. Even more impossible there than in A-stan or
Philippines, which is where is was for OEF....hell do you know how easy it is to spot someone "rollin" on "E"....

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Why does it matter if soldiers are taking drugs? Personally I think taking the life of another human is the worst thing one could EVER do. If one must do it, is it soo hard to understand that they might not want to be in their right frame of mind to commit such a heinous act?

If drugs are your concern then why not worry yourself with the KNOWN aspects of state sponsered drug use? Such as the US militaries wide known use of amphetamines,methmphetamines, etc, etc?

The United States Air Force uses amphetamines (Dexedrine) as stimulants for pilots, calling them "go-pills". After a mission, the Air Force issues a "no-go pill' (Ambien) to help the pilot sleep.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Why? Because souljah made a claim that Marines are using XTC on a large scale in Iraq...he compared to the insurgents using Crack (which I think is false). That is an outright lie that he admitted he cannot prove...his gut feeling is wrong in this case.

Now, me being a Marine, I don't find that offensive (I've heard worse) but I do find it rather ignorant to make such a claim without backing it up. I know Marines do drugs and XTC...I know its usage has grown over the past few years...hell Ive even busted a few people for doing so.

But to say that Marines are doing so in Iraq, especially on a large scale such as Souljah was incinuating (sp) is nonsense.

[edit on 22/7/2005 by SportyMB]

cjf

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

No replies? why am i not suprised

Was the ‘weapons’ and ‘Orwellian’ part of your post for added dramatic effect? And the drugs, well, of course some people may use drugs in the military, but don’t get caught.

But arguing over ‘Xtasy’ (MDMA) usage!, rolmfao!, that’ll get you killing folks!

Through Two sieges, through chemical weapons and napalm, through snipers and raids, through Orwellian style finger printing, identity cards, eye scans and concentration camps.

I feel a mile long ‘photo post’ coming on soon.

Your own article doesn’t state much about the above claims but does support the premise almost all fled the city on the first offensive by the coalition and very, very, very few have returned:

When the major military offensive on Fallujah began in November, the Iraqi Red Crescent Society estimated that some 250,000 of the city's 300,000 population fled the city. By January, the UN's refugee agency said only 85,000 had returned to the city to inspect the damage to their homes, and only ten per cent of those were thought to have stayed
From the original poster’s source.
(emphasis added)

Fallujah is the undying spirit, Fallujah is the strongest will of freedom, Fallujah is the hope of the whole world.

So, only 8,500 people returning out of 250,000 is an example of a strong will, YES, it shows both intelligence and the will to survive by the other 241,500 people.

And i 100% support the iraqi resistance, because they don't kill civilians.

Absolute, unadulterated BS!

cjf

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Multiple post, srry.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by cjf]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I only need to hear from my fellow Americans who serve in the military tell me its true for me to believe it. In this case its an independant journalists reporting it from actually being there on the ground with the Marines. Thats enough for me.

But you haters will never believe because it goes against your agenda. You could see them sparking up the crack pipe with your own eyes and you wouldnt believe.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
But you haters will never believe because it goes against your agenda. You could see them sparking up the crack pipe with your own eyes and you wouldnt believe.

I suppose as much as you could see a marine kill an unarmed woman and child, yet still would'nt believe, right? Cause it goes against your "agenda". Pot, kettle, black again skippy. Pot, kettle, black....

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
I suppose as much as you could see a marine kill an unarmed woman and child, yet still would'nt believe, right? Cause it goes against your "agenda". Pot, kettle, black again skippy. Pot, kettle, black....

No marine has ever killed an Iraqi women or child purposefully. Period.

I could never see it because its never happened. Pretty simply huh?

No calling the kettle black here my friend, try to find a better analogy, that one didnt work.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Just going back to the use of drugs issue.
The British Army is tested periodically for drug use. They are even tested while on tour. I would imagine the US Army and any other members of the coalition are tested the same.

Just my two penny worth

By the way, welcome back SS

[edit on 22-7-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This thread is to focus on the subject, NOT the personalities involved. The personalities involved are absolutely irrelevant.

If anyone doesn't beleive what the others are saying, then sure, you can state that, but stop dragging each other's personalities into this.

OBVIOUSLY there are people here who support the iraqi insurgency and refer to it as the resistance, while there are others who are opposed to the insurgency and call them terrorists. Thats not relevant to this topic and thread or even to this forum.

THIS topic is Falluja, and how, even after the Coalition invaded, occupied, and defeated the insurgency within it, has come once again to be a 'base' for the insurgency, NOT the validity of each other's political views NOR speculations on their motivations.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

My Humble Opinion is, that US Troops are on some or other Drugs in Iraq, sometimes as anti-depressives, other times as relaxation and maybe as a power boost - like XTC.

When I served in the Army, we were tested for drugs (2) times a year. If the results of your tests came back positive you were pulled off of active duty for disiplinary actions. Theres no way the military would allow soldiers to continue combat operations on XTC....you need to retract this outrageous statement.

I think the strongest drug being taken by our brave boys in the field is Advil...and lots of it!

Back to the subject at hand, SS your "chemical weapons" story is not true. Where do you get your info from? Al Jazeera? Perhaps you should apply for a position there as a journalist...your certainly qualified.

In regards to Fallujahs future, if America gets hit with WMD....that little town will certainly be visited by our heavy bombers and be turned into a large smoking hole.

Maximu§

[edit on 013131p://555 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

A 1980 UN convention banned the use against civilian targets of napalm, a terrifying mixture of jet fuel and polystyrene that sticks to skin as it burns. The US, which did not sign the treaty, is one of the few countries that makes use of the weapon.

www.topplebush.com...

unlike you I know how to post links. BTW several of yours are dead or didn't you know that? Now stop with your darn lies. The truth is the US is not bound by that treaty since they did not sign it

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

And Where is the Proof that the Fighters in Fallujah were on CRACK?

How the hell did they get their hands on Crack - which is Basicly a Western Drug, Mainly used in the USA?

How do they get their hands on drugs boy that was good for a real laugh

www.freedommag.org...

I am willing to bet you are taking lessons from SS

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Some Iraqis say the soldiers take special pills that keep them cool, but the most common theory is that they have portable air-conditioners -- usually said to be inside the vests, but sometimes placed in the helmet or even the underwear.

"There is fluid circulating throughout the underwear," said Mr. Hamid, the engineering student. "I am not sure of the exact mechanism, but we all know the Americans have very sophisticated technology."

HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!
he's making fun off you big time. Got to love them iraqies.

"There is "fluid "circulating throughout the underwear,"

HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHH !!!!!!

I bet you need to turn up that airconditioner everytime your next to one of your own comrades.

Yeah that's right, you know exactly what i'm implying.

[edit on 23-7-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
When I served in the Army, we were tested for drugs (2) times a year. If the results of your tests came back positive you were pulled off of active duty for disiplinary actions. Theres no way the military would allow soldiers to continue combat operations on XTC....you need to retract this outrageous statement.

I'm reminded of the movie "Buffalo Soldiers". You were in Germany, weren't you Maximus?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join