It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OZMA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I was reading through this text called "The Dulce book" and i came across something called the OZMA project. I looked more into it and didnt find much more. All I found was that the first time they even turned it on there was a unique signal and then the installation got shut down. It struck me as odd and was wondering if anyone knew anymore about it. Any info would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Here's something interesting from SETI.org...

In 1960, radioastronomer Frank D. Drake, then at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) in Green Bank, West Virginia, carried out humanity's first attempt to detect interstellar radio transmissions. Project Ozma was named after the queen of L. Frank Baum's imaginary land of Oz -- a place "very far away, difficult to reach, and populated by strange and exotic beings." The stars chosen by Drake for the first SETI search were Tau Ceti in the Constellation Cetus (the Whale) and Epsilon Eridani in the Constellation Eridanus (the River), some eleven light years (66 trillion miles) away. Both stars are about the same age as our sun.

There's another paragraph about it after that. It led to the SETI program.

I can't seem to find anything about any unique signals and the project being shut down... If it did, I don't think SETI would've emerged.

[edit on 22/7/05 by Xar Ke Zeth]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here is one site I found, whether its credible or not is up for debate but this is one of a few. Plus it is briefly mentioned in the dulce book.

www.bigear.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by truttseeker

Ozma may have descended into the black ops

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Here is one site I found, whether its credible or not is up for debate but this is one of a few. Plus it is briefly mentioned in the dulce book.

www.bigear.org...

Yeah whether it's credible or not, I haven't read that before.. so it was nice to see something new for a change!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I found this PDF document in the NRAO archive of the Green Bank West Virginia Observatory. Perhaps there is some additional information for you there in it's 283 pages.

new topics

top topics

join