It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friendly advice to peaceful Muslims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think this is a good idea and very good advice as I think only the Muslims themselves can stop the carnage before all hell on earth breaks loose.

Hal Lindsey

Friendly advice to peaceful Muslims
Posted: July 21, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

There is a fast closing window of opportunity for the large majority of "peaceful Muslims" living in the United States and the United Kingdom.

It is long past time for those Muslims who are not complicit with these radical Islamic clerics and their disciples who are preaching violence and hatred toward your host countries to actively get involved in exposing them.

You are in the best position to know who these fanatics are. They live among you. They use your mosques to preach, teach and inspire young Muslims. They capture the minds of your young sons and daughters with Islamic fundamental teaching from the verses in the Quran and the Hadith that are capable of being interpreted in the most violent sense toward non-Muslims.

We are a peace-loving people that are longsuffering and slow to anger. But there is an inevitable breaking point that will surely come. Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany discovered this. In the words of Adm. Yamamoto after the attack on Pearl Harbor, "I fear that we have only awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve." That point is about to come again in response to the terrorist outrages that have been inflicted upon us by Islamic fundamentalists.

We are tired of the "peaceful" Muslims sitting by and doing nothing to expose the disciples preaching hate and jihad in their mosques. There is almost a silent admiration of these fanatics on the part of some. Many allow their financial contributions to be used by the jihad preachers.

We are getting weary of organizations like CAIR, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, crying about civil-rights violations when law enforcement organizations seek to carry on surveillance of Muslim communities. Since Muslims do not police themselves against the Islamic fundamentalist parasites, we must.

Our intelligence forces all warn that it is only a matter of time before Islamic terrorist will attack our cities with weapons of mass destruction. This includes everything from nuclear to biological bombs.

When one of these attacks happens, a flood of rage will burst forth, and nothing or anyone will be able to stop it. The law of the jungle will take over. Muslim communities who did nothing to stop the radicals among them will be the first targets.

So now is the time for the peaceful Muslims to get actively involved in exposing these radical parasites that use your mosques to recruit and train your sons and daughters for jihad. Let your voices be heard in unreserved condemnation of their savage outrages. Prove that you are Americans who believe in a peaceful practice of Islam. Cooperate with legal authorities before it is too late to plead your civil rights.

The time is late. The "jihadist timetable" is counting down toward a major attack. Help your fellow Americans stop them before a catastrophe strikes us all and ignites an unstoppable holocaust.

Link

This is an appeal to American Muslims and other Muslims around the world, the time has come to take your destiny in your own hands, if you do we can live in peace, if not things will get nasty and I would like to see peace.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

We are a peace-loving people that are longsuffering and slow to anger. But there is an inevitable breaking point that will surely come. Imperial Japan and Nazi Germany discovered this. In the words of Adm. Yamamoto after the attack on Pearl Harbor, "I fear that we have only awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve." That point is about to come again in response to the terrorist outrages that have been inflicted upon us by Islamic fundamentalists.

The whole thing is plain stupid. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
When the most powerful governments in the world lie or simply stand aside and let other countries lie their way into war with muslim dominated countries, exactly what good would it do for any fine outstanding muslim citizens to attempt to remove some of the more extreme types among them? That won't stop the countries who lie their way into war from lying again. It will simply make the peaceful muslims look even more helpless than before knowing that their actions won't stop criminally motivated invasions of their countries. So its better for them to do nothing.

Has this man been asleep for the past four years? Somebody needs to remind him of the two concurrent wars the U.S.A. and its "Coalition of the Willing" are engaged in.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by Frith]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hal Lindsey certainly throws around "we" a lot. Does he mean the people like him? The crazy "Rapture Right" who go on and on about how the world is going to end any second now? For the past 30 years he's been clamoring on about the "End Days", and he hasn't been right yet. Is he using Muslims now? Trying to tie them to the Book of Revelations?

Are people actually taking anything he says seriously?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Yep. Great idea. Let's call the majority of Muslims "Peaceful Muslims." You know, to distinguish them from their violent cousins. So we can tell them apart. Then let's get angry at them and threaten them with consequences for not speaking out as loud as we'd like for actions they had nothing to do with. I'm sure that will really make them feel like they're a part of society at large. Oh no, it won't push them farther away at all. This hatemongering, xenophobic trash might be good enough for Rev. Moon's Washington Times, but do we really need it on ATS?

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Your right Malkut.....you are sorry.

Anyone who would call this good advice stupid is truly sorry.
Nothing in those paragraphs is un-truthful and it pretty much tells it as it is.

So far America has been fighting this terror war with white gloves on, but God forbid if one of our cities gets hit with a WMD, cause those gloves will come off and Islam will realize (too late) that they have pulled the tail of the Tiger once too often.

Maximu§

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
How about we issue a request to western governments asking them to stop creating terrorists abroad... When you bomb a country, kill its people, oust the governments that stabilised them (as oprressive as they are) you create hate, misery, and despair... all of which, when mixed with one radical preaching terrorism... leads to terrorists...

The US's newest strategy fro the middle east for Democracy over stability is bull#! Instability breeds terrorism... how many terrorists were there in Iraq before the war? None!

People are allowed their views, as extreme as they may be... its when these views foster hate and violence that theres a problem... but where do you draw the line? First it starts with the real potential terrorists... then the ones who sympathise, but arent any threat... then before you know it, every muslim who speaks out against the government will be a 'potential terrorist'... this sounds like a plan to slowly vilify an entire religion...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I want Hal Lindsey and his people to keep on the lookout for extremist Christians who are going to bomb me. If not, things will get nasty.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
specialasianx,

It seems that many take on this view. Rather than argue your points, which would not be difficult to do at all, let's get to the heart of the matter:

What would you propse Western governments do in response to terror attacks by radical Muslims?

A simple, straightforward question.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

[edit on 21-7-2005 by edsinger]

This is my favorite part of the article! The only time Adm. Yamamoto said that was in the movie "Tora! Tora! Tora!"

Good movie, but I don't know if I'd use it as a historical reference.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have a religion too..so I don't want to sound short but here it is:

My advice is: Be Peaceful.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by backtoreality
What would you propse Western governments do in response to terror attacks by radical Muslims?

If it would stop western governments from lying their way into wars in which people are killed, then I would support complete racial profiling. Its racist sure, but it would stop the killing. However, I would never imagine our governments giving up their precious lies.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

The US's newest strategy fro the middle east for Democracy over stability is bull#! Instability breeds terrorism... how many terrorists were there in Iraq before the war? None!

Ever heard of Abu Nidal?

There is one right off the bat and if you think that he didnt support terrorism, tell that to all the Palestinians with $25k in the bank.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by specialasianX

Ever heard of Abu Nidal?

There is one right off the bat and if you think that he didnt support terrorism, tell that to all the Palestinians with $25k in the bank.

lol... the old Abu Nidal canard... yes, he was the Palestinian terrorist who was shot to death by Saddams security forces.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

This is my favorite part of the article! The only time Adm. Yamamoto said that was in the movie "Tora! Tora! Tora!"

Good movie, but I don't know if I'd use it as a historical reference.

Admiral Yamamoto was the architect who designed the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941. He had earned an advanced degree from Harvard University during a 15 year stay in the United States before being placed in charge of all Japanese naval forces in 1941. He was actually opposed to the idea put forth by the Japanese army to attack, but once the decision was made he became the mastermind to launch a carrier attack on Pearl Harbor. On that beautiful Hawaiian Sunday morning, Japanese carrier based airplanes struck from clear skies to inflict a devastating surprise blow against the United States Navy forces at Pearl Harbor. The attack was successful beyond their wildest dreams. The "story" goes that when word arrived of the attack's great effect, Yamamoto declined to join in on the frenzied celebrations of his lieutenants. When asked why he was not observing their great success, he quietly replied "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant".

LINK

OR.....

Isoroku Yamamoto's sleeping giant quote
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto is credited with saying, after the attack on Pearl Harbor, "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." The earliest citation for that theatrical comment, however, is the (reasonably accurate) movie, Tora! Tora! Tora! (1970). That quotation was accepted and repeated verbatim in the movie Pearl Harbor (2001). However, no one has been able to verify that Yamamoto ever actually said (or wrote) those words.

Neither At Dawn We Slept, written by the highly respected Gordon Prange, nor The Reluctant Admiral, the definitive biography of Yamamoto in English by Agawa Hiroyu, contains the line.

Randall Wallace, the screenwriter of Pearl Harbor, readily admitted that he copied the line from Tora! Tora! Tora!. (Pearl Harbor is not troubled by accuracy; among other examples of dramatic license, it shows Yamamoto saying those words while standing on a carrier in the attacking force despite the fact that he was on board his flagship Nagato anchored at a naval base in Japan throughout the attack.)

The director of the movie Tora! Tora! Tora!, Richard Fleischer, stated that while Yamamoto may never have said those words, the film's producer, Elmo Williams, had found the line written in Yamamoto's diary. Yamamoto, however, never kept a diary. Williams, in turn, has stated that Larry Forrester, the screenwriter, found a 1943 letter from Yamamoto to the Admiralty in Tokyo containing the quote. However, Forrester cannot produce the letter, nor can anyone else, American or Japanese, recall or find it.

LINK

I guess the jury's out....

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith

If it would stop western governments from lying their way into wars in which people are killed, then I would support complete racial profiling. Its racist sure, but it would stop the killing. However, I would never imagine our governments giving up their precious lies.

Frith,
This question was in response to specialasianx and his post. If you want to take a stab at it too, that's fine, but please answer the question. That is, unless you truly feel that "racial profiling" is the only response necessary against terror attacks. Again, let's get to the heart of the matter.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
LA_Maximus I agree with you, in fact I said almsot the same thing Hal said on a different thread with an open letter to terrorists, only difference was I said possibly their own would turn on them.

People, there is more going on here than we are aware of. Its devils work in causing all the confusion to begin with and I am reading it is the fault of religion? If it is the organized religion you speak of, I'd say you have a valid point, however, all it would take is to follow the teachings of Christ and there would never have been any wars. Yeah, you'd say we would be fighting other religions, again the devil's handiwork. What is so hard to accept about love one another?
Well, I know futility when I see it and I do believe in the power of God. Having said that, The Book of Revelations and particularly Armageddon is a reality... just listen to yourselves.
Is it any wonder Armageddon is coming? Here on these forums people can't even get along and there isn't even anything at stake... its just too hard to accept another when you know you're right... had Christs teachings been followed, you'd be tolerant of this as well as other posts, wouldn't try to attack another for their beliefs, nor would man have been developing weapons, we'd be developing a global harmony. How can you even deny evil when it looks you right in the face?
Sadly, this world is headed for the ultimate separation.
If Jesus were sitting in front of me I would be ashamed to tell him I am even remotely related to you as a being, we are so diametrically opposed in our beliefs I can't help but feel I must be an alien. Why you ask? Because I care. Not about me, about you, them, all of us. Is it so hard to be tolerant?
Yeah, some of the points are valid, that doesn't mean we should fall into the same pitfall that brought us to this brink in the first place. If we don't learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it... one last time. And you shoot down Hal Lindsay becuase he cares? Or you belittle his faith when he is trying to do what none of you are able/willing to even try? Go ahead, be an atheist, or slap my cheek if that would make you feel better, you'd probably crucify him all over again too wouldn't you?

Lord, even so, ... come.

And you know, we can blame governments all we want, but the truth is we have nobody to blame but ourselves, our complacency led them to power in the first place. Want to make a change, start right here and demonstrtate the love kindness and compassion I'd hope you'd be capable of. Then when everyone stands side by side, you'd be a political force all your own and would have a voice, the voice of the people which is what this country was founded on and yet what we are now is splinters with murmurings... think about it.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Frith,
This question was in response to specialasianx and his post. If you want to take a stab at it too, that's fine, but please answer the question. That is, unless you truly feel that "racial profiling" is the only response necessary against terror attacks. Again, let's get to the heart of the matter.

Racial profiling would be only acceptable non-violent answer to those who are enraptured by the War on Terror. I personally don't support it. I don't support any of the concurrent wars either. But to sate the individuals who are either so afraid or so bloodthirsty that they need something to be done about a problem caused by western meddling in the Middle East, then racial profiling is the only peaceful option left open.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Frith,

Racial profiling alone would not stop terror attacks. Period.

This is precisely why I asked the queston. Those who are most vocal against the governments' actions towards terrorists and toward government "lies" are only in the discussion to criticize. They themselves have no ideas on how to handle the situation.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Frith,

Racial profiling alone would not stop terror attacks. Period.

This is precisely why I asked the queston. Those who are most vocal against the governments' actions towards terrorists and toward government "lies" are only in the discussion to criticize. They themselves have no ideas on how to handle the situation.

So I need to mention all the other things that would need to be done? Real border control. immigration and travel screening (which would require racial profiling), real international investigations into actual terrorist activies, and an honest, law abiding group of governing bodies that treats the muslim extremist terrorist threat in a manner befitting to the actual size and scope of the problem. If the government itself lies about the problem and doesn't actually enforce any policies other than war, then there is no true defense against another potential terrorist attack anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join