It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British intelligence units to track Muslims across Britain!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
British intelligence units to track Muslims across Britain

Tue Jul 19, 7:52 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - The British government is planning to set up special intelligence units to monitor Muslims nationwide to better detect extremists and thwart eventual attacks, a newspaper reported.
ADVERTISEMENT

The Muslim Contact Units, staffed by London's Metropolitan Police Special Branch officers, will be established in areas including Yorkshire, northwest England and parts of the Midlands, the Guardian reported.

"Deep knowledge of Muslim communities is rare in the service," a senior police officer with knowledge of the scheme told the Guardian.

Link

Well my personal opinion is that if they have nothing to hide, then fine. This is the UK version of the Patriot Act I guess.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The Brits have to do what they have to do. One of the most friendly Countries in the world in my opinion.

Also one of the oldest and respected too I might add. It's just a shame that terror must reach a good place like England -- all the power to yah in trying to pre-empt more human disaters..

Dallas

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I agree, when your own citizens want to kill at random....measures are taken.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Unfortunately the moderate majority of Muslims within the UK may feel they're unfairly being persecuted. However saying that, the reality is that these terrorists operate under an extreme version of Islam, which cannot be ignored.

It is singling out a specific section of the population, but only because of practical circumstances.

[edit on 22/7/05 by Flyboy211]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
Unfortunately the moderate majority of Muslims within the UK may feel they're unfairly being persecuted. However saying that, the reality is that these terrorists operate under an extreme version of Islam, which cannot be ignored.

It is singling out a specific section of the population, but only because of practical circumstances.

And if these 'moderates' would join the fight to stop the terror, it would end quicker. Silence is not the route.....

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yep; sounds like an appropriate response to me. I just wish that the US could separate itself from the binds of political correctness long enough to do the same.

I wonder why no one has considered that when children are taught hatred and intolerance in mosques and madrassas that this is a form of child abuse. It seems to me that there are many mosques/madrassas that can be shut down permanently for child abuse. And as for the so called "moderate" Muslims--I agree with the previous poster: That they are part of the problem when they complain about their rights and liberties when these "extremists" are hijacking their religion. They ought to be the ones who are most vociferous in condemning the "extreme Islamists". At least I would feel a lot better about Islam if that were the case.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Holocaust Part 2

The Nazi 'holocaust' started out fairly quietly too.

They will up the ante every time there is the slightest excuse. . . . (IMO) this is just the beginning.

Once they have wound up a phony civil war in Britain then they have the excuse for total war in the Middle East and Asia.

Bummer

[edit on 22-7-2005 by Roy Robinson Stewart]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Britian is lucky they don't have a version of the ACLU, or maybe they do. I'm guessing that they are "Profiling" these folks and their kin. This would start a "Battle Royale" of "Political Correctness" here in the states. More power to the British Police and Government for standing up and becoming more aggressive in the defence of their people.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart
Holocaust Part 2
The Nazi 'holocaust' started out fairly quietly too.
They will up the ante every time there is the slightest excuse. . . . (IMO) this is just the beginning.
Once they have wound up a phony civil war in Britain then they have the excuse for total war in the Middle East and Asia.
[edit on 22-7-2005 by Roy Robinson Stewart]

Ever consider painting your boards where there's a little more ventilation?

People with paranoia - however it was induced - can be helped with medication and psychotherapy.

Whenever you hear the voices, try repeating to yourself over and over:

"There are no cattle cars and detention camps in America".

[edit on 7/23/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Ever consider painting your boards where there's a little more ventilation?

People with paranoia - however it was induced - can be helped with medication and psychotherapy.

Whenever you hear the voices, try repeating to yourself over and over:

"There are no cattle cars and detention camps in America".

I didnt know the UK was now the 51st state....
You guys didnt invade while I was at whale island did you?

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   

"There are no detention camps in America".

Maybe, maybe not, but there is one in Cuba which belongs to America.

BTW I experience no feelings of paranoia at all.

I am in a very safe location.

Please stop your rude personal attack.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The problem is that all this One World Government will spread, and it will eventually affect New Zealand. I know that it's pretty remote and keeps out of all this stuff, as I noticed while I was there a few months ago, but it is inevitable that it will become affected, sadly. Because it is a beautiful place and the lack of fighter jets as well as pollution, too many people, etc is refreshing.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Yes Agent Smith. . . . . although in New Zealand as in any society there are people who would relish the chance to be an active part of a NWO police state. We have already been affected by a lot of unnecessary and restrictive laws, and there is a new trend for police to issue public decrees announcing crackdowns. The content of these police moves would seem trivial compared with some of the action going down in the rest of the world but it is still sad to see a lot of freedoms being taken away and the trend towards treating the public as cattle is already in motion.

A lot of the (to my mind) iniquitous laws being passed in New Zealand are passed by local governments, one which is quietly ominous and saddening to myself is that in my home province 'Gypsies' have been outlawed. By that I mean that it is now illegal for any person to live in any kind of mobile home (even on your own farm) unless they are in a designated campground. . . . . . kind of like an expensive and luxurious concentration camp to anyone with a nomadic bent. Previously a law was passed in the same area that said that only one person could live in any one mobile home. . . . .two people were expressly forbidden.

I am thankful to be in such a peaceful country.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Sorry, a double post (and the previous one off the topic) oops.

[edit on 23-7-2005 by Roy Robinson Stewart]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roy Robinson Stewart

"There are no detention camps in America".

Maybe, maybe not, but there is one in Cuba which belongs to America.

BTW I experience no feelings of paranoia at all.

I am in a very safe location.

Please stop your rude personal attack.

Oh, my mistake. You are so willing to criticize the U.S. that I thought you lived here. Further reading of your posts shows that you really don't know enough about the U.S. to meaningfully comment any further. In other words, please stop your rude personal attacks against the U.S.

Suggestion: How about posting a thread on a subject you might actually know something about? How about some sort of surfboard conspiracy thread?

And .... You are most definately paranoid as you see a reality that just isn't there. I was willing to blame the fumes in your working environment, but then again it could be congenital.

new topics

top topics

join