It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longhorn's final name... Windows Vista?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted on activewin.com
You heard it first here! The official new name for the Longhorn operating system is Microsoft Windows Vista, according to our insider sources. The name was mentioned today at the Microsoft sales conference in Atlanta. The official announcement will go live at 6 AM PST.

Read more at www.activewin.com...

Bink.nu also has coverage of this and even includes a whois of one of the Windows Vista sites. That link is bink.nu...

Enjoy... but I personally hate the Vista name. It sounds like garbage. Keeping it as "Windows Longhorn" or going back to the year naming scheme as "Windows 2006" would have been good in my opinion.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[edit on 7/21/05 by prophetmike]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well, it's official. Slashdot, Bink.nu and BetaNews have all confirmed that the name for "Longhorn" is now offically Windows Vista.

Here are some reference links...

Bink.nu - bink.nu...
BetaNews - www.betanews.com...
Slashdot - it.slashdot.org.../07/22/0435253&tid=109&tid=201&tid=218

from the BetaNews link
The word 'vista' defined means "pleasing view." According to a source, the name had been first floated about six months ago, although not much more had been said in the following months.

I STILL think the name is absolute garbage.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
w0w...

is there any new or great features about this operating system???

thanks...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If I get it then I can see myself spending the first few hours after installation (probably around 8 days or so :p) trying to find someone who has a loading screen wiht Longhorn on it. Vista - What kind of a name is that? It's rubbish, Longhorn was a far cooler name! Is this kind of settling for inferior ideas indicitive of what we shall see in the OS?

I'm sure it will do its job fine, it will just be more designed towards the less tech savvy I'm sure. I personally find
Win XP just annoying even the professional version. It just tries to hide too much from you and often makes worse decisions. Give me my Windows 2000 SP4 any day

new topics

top topics

join