It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[War Of The Worlds]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I just saw this movie and it was awesome. Just one thing... what if some if it could be true. (i know it was written, just maybe a good theory) What do u think of real aliens and the WOTW aliens?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It would suck if that really happened. There machines of death was dam scary. When I saw the movie, I couldn't sleep that night. Some of the parts of the movie scared the crap out of me and it was a pretty disturbing movie.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If it does turn out to be true, I'd be terrified, I'd hate it!

But then again we can just do what they do in that movie to survive! HAHA

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Absolutely first class.Though not a Tom Cruise fan,i would say that this has to be,one of the best sci-fi films i've ever seen.Well done Spielberg!

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It was a good movie just one tinsy weeny problem
THE ENDING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
I know they were keeping in with the book and that but then what about on the 2 disk versiopn an alternate ending where tom cruise or any human actually does something. Just my ranting.

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I really liked this movie but that freakin screamin kid would have to shut up or go!! As for the aliens really being here... I would have to get out my weapons and go ninja on them...or....run away and cry like a little girl...whichever!

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
It was a good movie just one tinsy weeny problem
THE ENDING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
[end /quote]

Totally agree!! Also I read an interview that pretty much summed the film for me. the journalist asked: in the part when Tom Cruises son runs over the mountain top with the battle going on and he runs over the peak to fight with the aliens, why didn't you show that battle? Sorry I know that is a poorly written sentaence but it is late over here.

Speilberg answered that WOTW was a film about family not aliens. My feeling if you want to make a family film dont spend 100+mill. making it, make it an indie film save the big money for a big money film> Like Speilberg a lot but this movie wa a MAJOR dissapointment

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I think it was a poor remake of the original.

My biggest problem with it was-yes i know it's only sci-fi- was the replanting of the ships a million years ago.
How the heck did they know where all the largest cities would be in a million years?

Better yet, y did they not attack and conquer the Earth a million years ago. It would have been much easier.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
maybe dinomeat dosent taste as good as our lumps and maybe the dig 1000 of them in the earth and only activated the 1´s in the populated areas.
I also liked the old movie but this 1 is also great...even the sound they make are almost similar.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Alittle cheesey with his ability to avoid death at every corner, but again thats what these movies are all about. I really enjoyed it and would deffinately recommend it. Visual effects were absolutely stunning and It made you think.

The aspect of how society would crumble so quickly is amazing. Two thumbs way up!

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The 1896 H.G Wells novel is brilliant.

Wasn't to fond of the film........ I liked the 1952 adaption better

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The new version is a lot more true to the book. The vampiric nature of the Martians etc.
I too have questioned why they planted the machines a million + years ago and waited all that time to invade. The only reason that I could come up with was that the waiting period was somesort of a tribute to another film "1 Million Years To Earth"
Another major issue that I had with the movie / book premise, why did they not know of the bacteria, etc that we have here? I would have thoght that those who brought the machines here way back then would have succumbed to the common cold and thus would have provided forewarning to the rest of the dangers.
As to how they knew where to place the machines, remember that they were all placed near cities that had major water transportation systems. We always place our cities where they have easy access to transportation routes. Rivers and seaports would be the logical locations for theses and the Martians probably had similar history for locating their cities.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
they should make a War of the Worlds 2, cause not all aliens died did they unless their whole population came to Earth on invasion day????

only the invaders died on Earth, so that leaves whole planet out there somewhere filled with loverly aliens lol...

also why didn't the military use nukes against them??? we do have loads diff nukes so not all would of been neutralized especially ones on submarines below sea would've been intact.

and come to think of it would not the subs below ocean surface later on and get no signal an presume a nuke war had happened and launch their nukes so what a happy ending that be lol...

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
A War Of the Worlds II?? Behave!!!

The book has alot more action in it. The British redcoat army actually manage to take a few of the fighting machines down too.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Awesome movie, my personal favorite. But, if it actually happened we'd own them because we'd know exactly what to expect lol

When I saw it in the theatre many of the images were quite disturbing.. people getting vapourised? picked up by tentacle things to get sucked up inside a strange bio-mechanical beast? wierdfactor.

but the sound, awesome excellent mind boggling sound.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Those have to be the dumbest aliens of all time.

*alien talking* "Hey I got an Idea, Lets go to a very primitive planet and we can burry are big tripod machines, then when theres billions of life forms on the planet living in prosperity.....We can then beam down in a bolt of lightning, and frying a puny humans with are lasers...and are shields will make it impossible for them to even pose a minor threat" *other aliens talking* "WOW...YEAH, thats a great idea!, yeah, lets do it! whoooo-hooo!"

And they all die from our bacteria...come on people? Unless you’re all in elementary school you can’t possibly think thats a good theme.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Those have to be the dumbest aliens of all time.

*alien talking* "Hey I got an Idea, Lets go to a very primitive planet and we can burry are big tripod machines, then when theres billions of life forms on the planet living in prosperity.....We can then beam down in a bolt of lightning, and frying a puny humans with are lasers...and are shields will make it impossible for them to even pose a minor threat" *other aliens talking* "WOW...YEAH, thats a great idea!, yeah, lets do it! whoooo-hooo!"

And they all die from our bacteria...come on people? Unless you’re all in elementary school you can’t possibly think thats a good theme.

In the book their planet (Mars) is becoiming inhospitable, so they send their cylinders to Surrey. From them they build their tripod machines and continue to battle it out against turn of the century cannons and morters.

Much better them Spielburg's films..

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
THE best horror movie I have ever seen during my small time here on earth.
And allow me to answer a few questions:
1. Why did they plant the machines a million years ago and then decide to conquer earth when it was brimming with lifeforms?
A. Well, they needed human/monkey blood to survive. I figure they set down the machines and then used their advanced bio-engineering to create monkeys which independently evolved into humans. They could've planted their machines as a contingency plan. If we ever posed a serious threat to them, they could pop a suprise attack and kick our butts.
2. How come they didn't know about the bacteria when they planted their machines?
A. Natural selection my friend. When they planted their machines the diseases that killed them were weaker and their bodies could fight them off or the diseases that killed them might not have even been there at the time.
3. Why didn't they just conquer earth earlier? I mean when the civil war was going on, or something.
A. Well, they had set up a system of survival using us on earth and the only reason they conquered us is because they're planet was becoming inhospitable and they already had their war machines planted. Its was us or nothing.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I totally hated war of the worlds. I dunno why either, its just one of those movies where you watch it and the plot is just so dull you want to turn it off. Maybe thats because I prefer comedies and thrillers. Where thers always something interesting goin on and something to make me laugh. But I just had to say it, I didnt think it was any good.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I think it was a poor remake of the original.

My biggest problem with it was-yes i know it's only sci-fi- was the replanting of the ships a million years ago.
How the heck did they know where all the largest cities would be in a million years?

Better yet, y did they not attack and conquer the Earth a million years ago. It would have been much easier.

The ships werent only planted in the cities. They were everywhere.

They did not conquer Earth a million years ago because it is our blood that they wanted as fertilizer for them to spawn. Maybe that is what ended the dinosaurs, when they exterminted them and used their blood. Then they planted their ships and waited for the Earth to fill up with life again. Then they could come back again and reexterminate everything and plant their spawns again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join