It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you do if a Nuclear Blast goes off near you? How do you survive?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If you guys are really interested in "end of the world" theory, then I suggest you watch this short clip from a highly trained expert on a most definite way of revelations.

www.theflasharchive.com...

pretty scary stuff.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If a nuke goes off near enough to you that you can either see the flash, hear the explosion or feel the rumbling under your feet, you're already too close.

In that case, I would make my peace with God (very quickly) & pray for a swift, painless death

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
If you are interested in this kind of thing, delta press has alot of survival manuals etc.
be warned they are a quasi-militia type site.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
After listening to the news and reading these posts, maybe I will just drink the wine as soon as it gets made, I'm not sure its going to have anytime to age from the sound of things.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Considering I am right by DC, I suppose I would scatter my ashes if there are any left of me to the winds and hope that a survivor here in DC only a few blocks away choaks on me like a pretzle.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
MREs can be bought at most surplus stores and have a very long shelf life. They are easily stored and take up less space. I also find a staple hammer easier to use than a staple gun.

You should have at least three setups for emergency use. Setup 1 is for staying at home. Setup 2 is scaled down for packing in your vehicle for escape. Setup 3 is scaled down to backpack/survival vest in case you are on foot. Setup 3 should be packed in your vehicle along with setup 2 in case of emergency bug out. All three setups should be easily acessible in case of emergency.

Practice starting a fire without matches. Start walking (it will help you get in shape even if we don't get attacked.) Learn how to properly use you survial gear NOW. The middle of an emergency is no time to start looking for instruction manuals.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

Practice starting a fire without matches. Start walking (it will help you get in shape even if we don't get attacked.) Learn how to properly use you survial gear NOW. The middle of an emergency is no time to start looking for instruction manuals.

I had a aunt who lived in Corpus.. hope you guys arn't getting too much of the storm.

Yea, basic survival and knowing how to use your tools is a supprisingly rare knowladge.. specialy up here in DC.

it's sad
I almost weap for them.. but then I remember the most of them are not worth it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join