It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: China Affirms 'No First Use' Nuke Policy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Really, what would be the difference between China selling Cuba weapons and what America is doing with Taiwan?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Like any statement by any nation, it's only worth the air it's spoken with. As soon as there is a sufficient reason to break it, it will.

This also assumes a stable, unified Chinese government. What about a fragmented China with multiple nation-states?

Many of my colleagues of Chinese, Vietnamese and Korean descent, who are mostly veterans and lay students of Chinese history and it's conflicts with neighbors, believe China fragments every hundred years, and may happen sooner with all the influx of information leading to discontent among more Chinese people. Internal revolution in China would be a destabilizer worldwide, with all nations overtly or covertly courting the faction best fitting their nation's desires.

Some tell me they fear another Vietnam type situation, but with 5 sides, not just a North and South.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Let's hope so. Cos' if they decide to launch a nuke at the US (for instance) I don't think that US would have time to react at that...

<< 1   >>

join