It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATSNN Respect.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
unlike the awe inspired posts by those who have no clue that this board as with any other, operates for profit first.

Not quite. For the past 26 months, we've operated for the community first. This simple directive has made it possible for profites to occur.

Now...

The issue remains unchanged. We always have, and always will insist on a higher sense of decorum within ATSNN threads. If you're unable to have a gratifying exchange on current events without insults and rancor, then perhaps ATS isn't for you.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

unlike the awe inspired posts by those who have no clue that this board as with any other, operates for profit first.

Not quite. For the past 26 months, we've operated for the community first. This simple directive has made it possible for profites to occur.
Then you have been most generous to foot the bill and losses for the single purpose of operating an internet site travelled by non-paying guests.

The issue remains unchanged. We always have, and always will insist on a higher sense of decorum within ATSNN threads. If you're unable to have a gratifying exchange on current events without insults and rancor, then perhaps ATS isn't for you.
There is no insult and rancour within these posts of mine, if you find there to be, then it is as a result of your subjectivity. And you wield the power over my ability to post in any ATS forum under the context of holding sway over adjudicating whether you deem any post to be insulting or rancourous based on your own bylaws.

What I do find interesting is as much as a thread such as this is posted in a non-locked fashion, objection or questions raised is deemed offensive.

So be it then.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

What I do find interesting is as much as a thread such as this is posted in a non-locked fashion, objection or questions raised is deemed offensive.

So be it then.

Wait a minute. I've been following this thread and I haven't seen anyone say anything about any post in this thread being offensive.

That's so lame.

CAN I GET A HARUMPH!?

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValhallWait a minute. I've been following this thread and I haven't seen anyone say anything about any post in this thread being offensive.

That's so lame.

CAN I GET A HARUMPH!?
I apologize for not realizing that it is necessary to explain in detail my advanced thought, I do after all forget that while I may feel I am interacting with a certain intellectual capacity, that is not necessarily so. I must remember in the future to not take for granted that everyone knows why 2 times 2 equals four, but rather that 2 equals 1+1, that times means the sum of a number repeated by the multiplier.

But for now, since it needs to be impressed upon you, it is deemed by me to be offensive because the only objection was directed to that which did not in essence portray a cheerleading type enthusiasm for the initial post.

Harumph? Oh the drama!

[edit on 7/29/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Perhap's you may consider starting a thread asking ATS Members how they feel about ATS direction and moderator actions?

Dallas

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomeWInBetween
I apologize for not realizing that it is necessary to explain in detail my advanced thought,

Advanced as it may be.......not very efficient nor progressive. The very statement quoted is

A)Unnecassary to the topic at hand

and

B)Serves to divide and alienate the very people you are attempting to reason with.

That said.......I see your point and agree with it. You could simplify it and communicate that the very nature of ATS is alternative to mainstream and as such an opposing viewpoint towards the majority of our population. Granted, imo, oposing only with the qualification that most people do not venture to expose themselves to the finer details of what many of us here on ATS take as a given.

ATSNN is an experiment to appeal towards these very humans who have always known something is wrong, or even not quite right. In the face of recent events, the facade of our society is beginning to break away and people want answers. ATS, and ATSNN by association, happen to be in a position to fill in that space.

Which is where the danger occurs, and what I believe SWIB is attempting to express. The overt classification of ATS as conspiracy minded and alternative tends to lend an immediate credibility to those who operate on first impressions........meaning those who have been conditioned all their lives to recognize authority and accept answers and explanations with nothing more substantial than an I said so.......but I digress into sociological ruminations.....My point was that ATS as a beacon for those who want answers can also be a beacon for those who want to construe the answers.

SomeWhereInBetween........the risk for abuse exists in all facets of our reality. But let's emphasize the word risk. Since we both know that we can never be sure of anything, it falls upon us to enter every situation with a discerning mind. I personally disagree with the notion that ATS will intentionally suppress a perspective merely because it is to the contrary......if you did your research and read the posts of our moderator staff with a discerning mind, you would find that they mirror the membership.........All views are represented......All agendas are represented......All perspectives get their time.........If I had a point to pick on it would be the extroverted nature of those I hold differing views with, but that is my own fault for not being as consistent as I would like to be (or being of sound mind to choose my battles...
)

I can say that with relative certainty because I personally hold one of the more extreme worldviews on this site...I've expressed it and will continue to express it. But the reason I can say what I want is the adherance and belief I have in tact.

And tact is the purpose of this thread.

Oppose every ATSNN post you want, but back your words and display a respect for your fellow poster. Could be the very key to convincing someone is the presentation, the evokation your words cause......surely...someone of advanced thought has a mind for the unique psychology of an online forum.......

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Some of us here at ATS are fairly dense, this is true, and never in our wildest dreams could we possibly aspire to the gargantuan intellectual stature of some of our more astute and learned members. And so, for the educational benefit of myself and the rest of the Gumps, I have produced the following pictorial representation of the tenets outlined by the staff in this thread, as they pertain to the standards expected to be adhered to by all who participate in our beloved ATSNN news discussion forum and related sub-fora. Let us hope that by further simplifying these already uncomplicated requirements, the more academic and enlightened members among us will also perceive that while this particular ideal has been transformed into a mountain, it truly is...just a mole-hill.

This has been an AMCCP (ATS Members Community Care Project) announcement.

Thank you for your attention.

[edit on 2005-7-30 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Big BIG pet peeve of mine.
Thread quality commentary within the thread.
Bickering too..

Keep the "family arguments" inside the house.
It's just bad taste to step out on the front porch to harrass each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join