It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is forming into a Limited Liability Partnership

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sell Out! Sell Out!

Simon, you've changed. It used to be about the conspiracies, man!

Sorry, someone had to say it. This is ATS, for crying out loud.

Based on what I've seen, this is a great move for a whole bunch of different reasons. As those who have witnessed some of my behind-the-scenes antics already know, I am a major critic of important endeavors not being organized in ways people can understand and agree to.

Moving ATS from a sole proprietorship to a partnership offers a lot of inherent benefits, and will help ensure that ATS as an entity survives the frailties of the humans who have so faithfully tended it from its infancy.

I will presume that the pros and cons of a partnership versus some other form of entity (in Nevada, we use LLC's [limited liability corporations] versus limited partnerships for this sort of stuff) have been considered, and the LLP model received the thumbs-up as the best for ATS' unique situation.

My initial barb was intended for those who might see some sinister motive behind all this, because I can't see one, and I'm the kind of guy who looks.

Formalizing and distributing responsibility for ATS is not a “conspiratorial” move.

Rather, it's just good sense, and hats off to Simon, SO and Springer for making what looks like a very good call.

May the new Triumvirate of the Conspiracy Masters reign in endless majesty.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well, well, well...So, according to Simon, Springer is the one who's responsible for getting ATS "out of the closet" & taking steps into the mainstream. If I remember some of my postings correctly (And I know I'm correct this time at least) I've been saying that the info contained at this site needs to get out into the mainstream. Society can't change for the better unless enlightenment gets spread around to everybody in society...At least, ATS is beginning to take those steps.

Old man Skeptic (BTW, I preferred your old avatar pic...The guy in the turban. That pic had real character) has been doing a bang up job in keeping this whole thing together. I know how hard all three of these guys have had it here...I've been hanging my hat in ATS since very nearly the beginning of ATS (Check out the members list & find me...I'm only number 13 on the list, for Christ's sake
)

I can't fault Simon for "selling out", as I've seen someone posting here earlier (
) because ATS has gone through tremendous growth & Simon would have to be one of the very "moneyed elite" we've been denegrating here just to afford the server costs & bandwidth.

The key here is the high quality, integrity and, let's face it, the sheer volume of intelligent people found here at ATS is something that has not been sold out. And in this modern age of living in a world full of money-grubbing greedy control-grabbers, that's saying a lot.

Congrats guys...And I hope you have those business contracts worded carefully & signed correctly.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
take ATS public
i'll buy a few shares

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
take ATS public
i'll buy a few shares

You just took the words out of my mouth, well if ATS doesn't want donations, how about shares so members can have a part of ATS also.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Ok, since no other staff is saying it....

"Does this mean we start getting a paycheck?"

(or at least a free t-shirt?)

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
The key here is the high quality, integrity and, let's face it, the sheer volume of intelligent people found here at ATS is something that has not been sold out.

Thanks.

I hope our track record demonstrates that we're cosntantly focused on what will make the community and ATS experience better for our members.

This will not change. As we move forward, the three of us will continue that focus.

Springer brings excellent business sense and negotiation skills that are critical for the next level, strategic partnerships that bring new experiences and value to ATS members. There are a few in early stages, some in pure concept.

My role will continue to be two-fold, 1) managing the community and technology infrastructure, and 2) looking forward to important aspects of the digital culture that are meaningful for ATS members (like PodCasting and wireless posting).

Simon is the genius founder who's original spark of unique creativity gave birth to a concept that had the ability to grow into what it is now.

And we're now moving quickly and creating a new IT infrastructure that will support the increasing demand we're getting lately. More on that later.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Congratulations gentlemen. My hat goes off to you for your tireless commitment and outstanding efforts which have served to make ATS the best damn website on the Internet, bar none. I know that with you three genius Admirals at the helm, the HMS Abovetopsecret will continue to dominate the seas of the World Wide Web.

Here's to you gentlemen, and to the future of ATS.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
yeh congrats the ats can only do the inevitable to expand i think this is where all sorts of oppertunities come a calling and i hope you three make the most of them

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You'll notice of course, that the paycheck and t-shirt questions were artfully skipped, hehe....

Seriously though, I think this sounds like a good thing, and I hope you guys get more out of all the work you've put into this site....

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
You'll notice of course, that the paycheck and t-shirt questions were artfully skipped, hehe....

Seriously though, I think this sounds like a good thing, and I hope you guys get more out of all the work you've put into this site....

im sure i heard word that there were t-shirts at one point being sold i really think ats could francise a lot of stuff

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
the ATS Holy Trinity!!!

this is great news...

i wonder if these three have ever met in person

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
I am very honoured and pleased to say SkepticOverlord, Springer and myself are joining forces in the form of a Limited Liability Partnership.

All Hail the New Triumvirate!

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Ok, since no other staff is saying it....

"Does this mean we start getting a paycheck?"

You haven't gotten your paycheck yet?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, any successful business venture requires three things:
Creation & general direction of the flow of creativity (Simon)
General Management of both personnel & business infrastructure (Skeptic)
And the ability to promote & market what the business produces (Springer)

I think ATS is in good hands on all three accounts.

PS: When do I get my kickback bonus check for the "Office Politics Bootlicking"? Well, every business needs a sniveling synchophant hanger-on & I've a lot of senority in that position!

[edit on 22-7-2005 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I for one, support this partnership to the fullest extent.

Ive been a member here almost three years, and no community online has been friendlier than ATS. I think the partnership will improve that. So I have no doubt that broadening horizons will do nothing but good to the community.

Good luck, SO, Simon, and Springer. I wish this place the best.

-Jared

[edit on 7-22-2005 by theshadowknows]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think it is a good idea and would like to congragulate all three of you. I cant wait too see this place get even better (If thats possible)

By the way as we cant all clink celebratory glasses and say cheers can we all just have 5000 ats celebratory points instead

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well its about time! Congratulations guys! Can I direct the movie?
Jack Nicholson as Simon Gray, Leonardo DiCaprio as Skeptic Overlord, Tom Hanks as Springer. Also featuring Frankie Muniz as Atomix and Drake Bell as Shorty!

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have only been a member of ATS for a relatively short time and there is still much about it I don't know (haven't bothered to find out), but I do know it's one of the very few sites where a diverse set of opinions and facts can be had on just about any topic under the sun. There are a lot of kooks who spout off on things, but that is to be expected. The majority of the members though are thoughtful, extremely well informed individuals who enjoy exchanging ideas and opinions--sometimes in a spirited way, but never in a mean-spirited way.

I know my daily routine has changed since I joined ATS. I now check the current events (via the news channels), then my mail (and spend a few minutes getting rid of unwanted junk and answering E-mails), then I check out several research news sources, as well as science & technology sites and then I get on ATS to see what's new and who is posting. Once I hit ATS, I'm generally there for two or three hours, because I have never failed to learn something new every day--I love it.

Thanks guys & gals for making this site available and for your seemingly never ending sources of knowledge & wisdom.

Look at the post immediately following to see some of what I mean.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
atomix
"Tom Hanks couldn't act his way out of a nutsack!"
-Cartman from South Park

Why not get Mr. Pickles instead, you know, the lovable talking chimp?

Every movie should have a monkey in it...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well these alliviates a concern of mine. I was wondering, if Simon were to be visited by guys in suits with a black van, would ATS go offline? I guess that having a three way partnership this shouldn't be as much of a problem.

But I have to say it. I've been here for only about a year and a half and I feel old. I haven't been here long by most standards, but this place has grown so massive over such a short amount of time that it feels like time is flying past me.

Keep up the good you three, my hats off to you.

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join