It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is forming into a Limited Liability Partnership

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Excellent busness venture guys

So will this make Springer and SO millionairs

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
MCory1
Because the owner lives in the UK, and the principle administrators live in America, so if the principle administrators need to make decisions that effect the board on a daily basis, there's a serious issue of hurry-up-and-wait syndrome.

If Skeptic can instead (as 1/3 owner) make the decisions in his sector, while Springer makes the decisions in his sector, then there's no bottleneck between ideas and changes.

It means less run-around and more flexibility. Flexibility is critical during transition periods, and I'd say ATS is going through a pretty massive transition period right now.

The decision makes good sense for that reason.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Congrats dude!

well done

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ah, thanks Wyrde, that clears it up. Congrats again

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
congratulations to SkepticOverlord , and Springer on this partnership. It's certainly been well earned . It never ceases to amaze me how dedicated those at the top are. Together with Simon, we have an amazing trio working to make this a great experience for us all to enjoy and be a part of.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Nice to know who is who and who is in charge, rather than speculations.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Best of luck
Proud to be a part of all of it.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Great. Good to know the channel will hear more from you. And SkepticOverlord has had my respect during my short time here.

If it's all best for ATS and it's Members fantastic.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
ABFAB! This is serious good news for everyone. A more efficient ATS is a better ATS, and we all want better!

Originall posted by Springer
The three people who this partnership is made up of will NEVER let the essence of ATS be "sold out" or compromised in any way, that's important to us and hopefully to you as well.

Ya hear that folks? ATS will not, will not go the way of Vin Diseal! Our brand stays our brand.

Originalyl posted by Valhall
I guess this might be the first official "Board Business" thread that's ever been placed in this forum, huh?

CHEECKY!

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
Well, how do I start this then...

Why so coy?

God Bless The Conspiracy!

We look forward to members seeing the P & L Statements and Balance Sheets in due course.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
but in what ways will having a partnership change that?

It's very simple... we're spelling out our roles and responsibilities so that we remain good friends..

Over the years, I have developed an exceptional amount of trust in Simon as he pretty much allowed me to do whatever I saw fit to respond to member demand. And I hope I earned his trust by doing it all ethically. Springer has continued to work with the best interest of the community in mind, and has earned both of our trust.

But when something because as big as ATS has become, we want to continue to easily trust each other. Having paperwork that defines the relationship makes it all much easier. Trust me... I've been through a few dot-com start-ups and even my own corporation. Nothing keeps friendly business partners friendly like a solid and simple formal relationship.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Congratulations Simon, SkepticOverlord, and Springer.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Nothing keeps friendly business partners friendly like a solid and simple formal relationship.

Like a pre-nup!

Good business is founded on friendships and contacts you forge through those friendships.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Nothing keeps friendly business partners friendly like a solid and simple formal relationship.

SO TRUE... Without definition, BINDING definition, everything is open to interpretation, I've seen that ruin more potentially awesome organizations than I care to remember.

I been part of a few deals, like S.O., that have cratered for the same reason, that's a VERY EXPENSIVE "business school" to graduate from I assure you. The successes I've had were ALL very well organized and all the cards were on the table.

Springer...

[edit on 7-21-2005 by Springer]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Congrats to all!!

So can we buy stock with our points?????

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
When the three of you go out for lunch, who picks up the tab??

You all have made this place, and now are taking it to new levels, no doubt ATS is 'above' all the rest.

I have not been around long enough to know what the old days were like around here. I can see how the vision of Simon was able to lay the base which launched this community. and the combined vision of Simon and SO have taken ATS into a universe all it's own. Springer has amazed me since day one, no doubt the three of you and your combined talents and vision will only continue to serve and build on this the most amazing online community.. EVER!

Keep it up guys.. whatever magic you're working.

Gazz

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Congratulations to the two of them.

Too the future.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I was going through old ATS pages earlier today through archive.org and to compare this site to the old one, well, you might as well be comparing starfish and kangaroos. Vision is exactly the right word, Gazz.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
I have not been around long enough to know what the old days were like around here.

Here's some peeks into the past:

First, our daily post count beginning September/2002.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A contest to predict when we'll hit 100,000 posts

A 2003 thread on "amazing" growth
(we now do more than that traffic per week)

A big day of 20,000+ users
(we now average twice that peak)

And the thread that started it all:
We announced the first dedicated ATS server.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Wow this place is so amazing it is growing so fast! It will be wierd to look back like even 6 months from now and to think that we were big! I just wonder when comercials on the TV will come out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join