It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 16, wrongfully accused as bomber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Last Updated: Thursday, 21 July, 2005, 16:01 GMT 17:01 UK

UK boy wrongly labelled as bomber
Here is the link:
news.bbc.co.uk...

The boy confused with London bomber Hasib Hussain
Evidence showing that all three of the London bombers of Pakistani descent visited Pakistan last year has been thrown into doubt.
A photograph of a passport purporting to show bomber Hasib Hussain was in fact that of a 16-year-old British boy with the same name.

The photo, together with documentation showing two other bombers visited Pakistan, was published on Monday.

Pakistan, meanwhile, says it has made no arrests over the London bombs.

'I was terrified'

The passport details supposedly of the bomber Hasib Hussain are actually those of a teenage boy living in High Wycombe, approximately 30 miles (50km) north-west of London.

Passport details of the innocent Hasib Hussain

On Monday Pakistan's Federal Immigration Authority (FIA) said that Hasib Hussain, carrying a British passport number, arrived in the port city of Karachi from Riyadh in Saudi Arabia on 15 July 2004.

Photographs of the passport were published in Pakistan and then around the world.

However, the 16-year-old at the heart of the confusion has now been interviewed at his High Wycombe home by Pakistani TV station ARY.

"I first saw my photograph on Channel 4 news and I was terrified," the boy told ARY.

"I didn't want people looking at me saying, hey, you are supposed to be dead," he told ARY, "or someone saying that there goes the London bomber."

Such mistakes could prove very very costly to innocents world wide. Is this a case of just posting pictures as soon as possible without investigation?

[edit on 21-7-2005 by dgtempe]

[edit on 7-21-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Here is the link:news.bbc.co.uk...

This server is extremely slow to day or i'm having problems with this computer. I apologize.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This reminds me of 9/11 and when several terrorists actually turned up to be alive. The names I guess were common and authorities didn't do enough investigation before making their announcements and quite a few innocent people ended up with their names on terror lists because of it.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ok, thank's... Now we know better...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
No? I thought this was important enough to bring it to everyone's attention. They ( authorities) rush to make pictures availables and names all the time. Remember this next time you see pictures and names on your latest news reports. The picture could be yours.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is exactly why crying 'Al-Qaeda' is akin to crying wolf. It's just standard reaction now to anything - 'Islamic extreemists'!!!! Who ever they are, what ever they want, why ever they do it, all we know is it was probably them - they don't even need a reason or any benifites from their attacks and suicide bombings!!
Look away people, nothing more to see, we've already placed the label on this attack.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
hey guys does this smell like 9/11 yet???

Tracking the 19 Hijackers What are they up to now? At least 9 of them survived 9/11

So I wonder how many of these 9 guys thought the same thing??

Then again they are dead cause they flew planes into buildings and the ground.. But who tf care right??

Good post DGTemple.

posted on Jun, 10 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
This reminds me of 9/11 and when several terrorists actually turned up to be alive. The names I guess were common and authorities didn't do enough investigation before making their announcements and quite a few innocent people ended up with their names on terror lists because of it.

HELLO ALL !!!

The problem is that after a incident had happened no matter what it is the media are swamping the scene and they are asking for exact info there is no time allowed to find out information or get the facts right I believe the media can be blamed for a lot of in the wrong info published after the incident.

The Police have no time to make inquires or checks on the incident I mean if something happened at 10:45am the media are on the scene at 10:50 and they want all the facts and info the police have literally 5 to 15 min to make a statement even though the incident is only 15 min old, if the police had time to do some digging and make inquires they could make a statement and get the info correct!!!!!!

the press cant blame the police or MI5 or anyone for wrong information when the media ad asking for info literally 10 min after the incident happened. POLICE NEED TIME TO GET THE INFO CORRECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex (alex1981)

new topics

top topics

join