It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before birth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Thought it was time for a new topic. Haven't a clue as to what it will be about, thought I'd just ask for a little something that might be of interest to all of us.

Maque: Before you became your person you were all here as I am now. Open discussion.

Hm. Ok. Here's what I think it meens. I think she meens that before we were actualy born into this world, that we were (as she is now) a non-physical being. Hm. Now I never believed that before. I always thought that upon conception your soul/conciousness came into being. Of course, that would indeed be 'before' birth....

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Now I am somewhat different here. I have always believed that the human body is none other than a shell in which we are transported. Now, don't interpret this wrong, but my "metaphor" has always been that of a host to a parasite. Like, WE, the real US, is a "parasite" to the human body. The body just gets us around as WE learn through the life of that host. Once the host dies (our human body) we "go" somewhere. Then we can be either reincarnated (into another host, be it human or otherwise) or have a choice to stay in a spiritual realm.

Hmmmm....... the more I think of it, it almost sounds better to me than it ever has before. Take it a step further to what Maque says, and the original us comes from a collective conciousness. We are a small part of a whole.

Must do more dwelling on the subject and a little more soul searching.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
Now I am somewhat different here. I have always believed that the human body is none other than a shell in which we are transported. Now, don't interpret this wrong, but my "metaphor" has always been that of a host to a parasite. Like, WE, the real US, is a "parasite" to the human body. The body just gets us around as WE learn through the life of that host. Once the host dies (our human body) we "go" somewhere. Then we can be either reincarnated (into another host, be it human or otherwise) or have a choice to stay in a spiritual realm.

****I agree completely. Like my anology, a hand in a glove - the hand stays (us) and the glove (body) is disposable. Now I never believed in reincarnation - I have my belief system stemming from the bible and it had nothing in there about reincarnation I don't think. But there are so many things I don't know or understand yet ...

Hmmmm....... the more I think of it, it almost sounds better to me than it ever has before. Take it a step further to what Maque says, and the original us comes from a collective conciousness. We are a small part of a whole.

****that is what she and Mac were talking about the other night with 5 being one consiousness I think. And if we look at ourselves as a collective - that would be true. Kind of like looking at individual trees or looking at one big forest...each tree stands by itself, but together they are one thing - a forest.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Your existence started as soon as the sperm and egg merged, you didn't exist before then in any form.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Your existence started as soon as the sperm and egg merged, you didn't exist before then in any form.

Well, that's one possibility.

I really have not established any beliefs in regards to this matter. I haven't the slightest idea of the truth, so I'll just let you all speculate.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Lots of cultures buy into the belief that the soul exists as eternal and ever changing so it follows that there is a pre-birth life as well as an afterlife. The idea of some metaphysical factory churning out 'new souls' is something I have a problem with. It either always existed or it doesn't at all.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Personally i think like said before that the body is just something that is used to make the mind grow and after it depending on what type of mind has grown good or bad i will go back to an eternal energy.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
To any who may speculate upon the condition rendered
by death. Does one recall life before birth, ahhh, then
everyone HAS been accquainted with death. Round and
round she goes....

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Have to agree with cerbhall....nothing before the sperm and the egg1

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Totally believe we were in existance BEFORE this physical embodiment...and will be so AFTER it.

My body is not me...it is but the physicality I find myself in at this time. If I lose an arm I am no less me...if I lose a leg I am no less me...my body therefore is NOT me...I am spirit...as we all are. So - fear of death does not exist...for death does not exist...its merely a transformation.

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
i postind to this toipic yesterday and mysteriously it is gone what is the deal...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer
To any who may speculate upon the condition rendered
by death. Does one recall life before birth, ahhh, then
everyone HAS been accquainted with death. Round and
round she goes....

Well actually some people may do. Spontaneous past life recall etc. OK there's a lot of BS surrounding the subject but some cases have been thouroughly researched, exhaustively so sometimes and the means to how these people remember verifiable events from the past that should be unknown to them and sometimes unknown to anyone in the present has still not been satisfactorily explained by rational thinking. There are other explanations of course, including the super psi hypothosis where in an altered state we can access information from the past but it's no more or less likely than pre-birth existence. So as to whether people remember, yes they possibly may.

posted on Oct, 8 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   

That is what my beliefe has always been as well.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I disagree with this statement. I just can't accept that the soul is meerly a byproduct of a physical action. I believe that the soul did exist before this body was created.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I actually do remember a life before this one. I am faily sure that these memories are not false memories that my imagination has created because when my imagination does try to alter memories, when I remember them, I get a the same feeling I get when I am dreaming. When I remember my past life, this feeling is absent and only the memories exist.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   

and the original us comes from a collective conciousness. We are a small part of a whole.

Pretty much what I have believed since I can remember... Remembering snippets of past lives helps reinforce it of course...

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
i'll take the reincarnation thing alittle far.
o.k when you die and people always see the light at the end of the tunnel.the tunnel is a mothers birth canal.your just reborn into another host!

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by boomboom
i'll take the reincarnation thing alittle far.
o.k when you die and people always see the light at the end of the tunnel.the tunnel is a mothers birth canal.your just reborn into another host!

i think there is a timeless period where you reflect and learn from life before getting born again..

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There is life before birth. You can read all the theories you like, but from firsthand knowledge I know that the embryo responds to sound and food while in utero.. thus it is alive and conscious and even aware.
I have 5 children... trust me. I know.

top topics

join