It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This seems odd... Masonic database for kids?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   
drunk

Good point, to bring it back on topic.

Some people I have spoken to also can't believe that the entitlement of the program to allow parents to safekeep important info about their children would be entitled as "CHIP"; it's in extraordinarily bad taste.

In the "Only in America" category.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I no this is going off the topic abit,but are there any masonic members on this board?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   
infinite

Read this topic, and read recent topics with "Masonic" in the title, and restate your impressions.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
infinite

Read this topic, and read recent topics with "Masonic" in the title, and restate your impressions.

ok MA i shall

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I wish there were people who are Masons on ATS there might be but as we have learnt Masons arent gonna actually say they are masons.The mite subtly hint it never a str8 yes or no answer.

See i belive MA is Mason but ask MA whether he/she is the answer is.......

over to you MA

[Edited on 25-8-2003 by drunk]

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Freemasonry is labelled a "secret society", but in reality it is merely a society with some secrets.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Freemasonry is labelled a "secret society", but in reality it is merely a society with some secrets.

See what i mean a true masonic answer!

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
i think Freemasonry is very interesting, theres a lodge near me and a Freemason museum aswell. I might go along one time.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
www.nevadamasons.org...
A How to on ID making for Masons.

This seems off, they are using a computer.. Yet they say the parents are the only ones to keep the info.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hell, if you can chip your dog, why not a kid? All that this program needs is a friendly "Joe Camel" like cartoon character to tell everyone that it really is ok, possibly smart and definitely cool to have your child "CH.I.P.'d.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This could be the all seeing eye effect.

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Or, it could just be a community service program to track missing kids?

*ducks as the others throw things at him....*

Seriously, all of these same precautions can be done by most parents themselves, and without becoming part of a Mason database.....

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
well i found their lodge in canterbury and im paying them a visit soon
do you think they would mind answering afew questions?

posted on Aug, 29 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This would be a better program for a public health dept.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
www.zwire.com...
The Masons started CHIP in 1994 and it's considered to be the most comprehensive identification process available, Fish said.

The cornerstone of the process is the videotaped interview that gives police an idea of the child's appearance, speech and mannerisms. In the brief interview, workers ask the child questions like their address, age and where they go to hide.

The digital photo can easily be sent out to local police and media stations in a few hours. Finger and dental prints can be critical for investigators.

"The digital photo can easily be sent out to local police and media stations in a few hours."

Who sends the digital pictures out? The local Masonic lodge?
This is a statment from another CHIP site:
"This complete package is presented to the Parents of the Child for safe keeping. In the event something happens this vital information is readily available to be given to the authorities when help is needed!" www.child-id.org...

This is a contradiction they dont just give it to the parents they also have a database (or how else would they get the digital picture to the police?).

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This would be a scary concept if it actually caught on worldwide. I really dont think this would happen though, looks to me like someone wants to incite some more paranoia in the people aware of freemasons. Seems like it was rushed and put together very poorly

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Wow that site is really weird.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
well i found their lodge in canterbury and im paying them a visit soon
do you think they would mind answering afew questions?

No problem. Not only will they answer your questions but they should point to or give you some literature about themselves.

Freemasonry in the UK is not nearly as hush-hush as you believe. You probably only think that it is because you have never actively sought out any information from them. A lot of people expect freemasonry to come to them and tell them about itself, but why should it? It's just like anything else in this world - if you want to learn about it go talk to somebody who takes part in it.

MA wasn't using wordplay when he referred to Masonry as being a "society with some secrets" rather than a "secret society". When you look around you can find plenty of UK societies that are far less open to question than masonry. In fact, in recent years, freemasons in the UK have been held under so much scrutiny that it was recently judged that their Human Rights have been frequently breached, yet still, masonry has borne this affront with a quiet dignity.

You also stated that freemasonry in the UK doesn't hold that many events. You couldn't be further from the truth.
Freemasonry is one of the most active charitable societies in the UK, supporting literally 1000s of charities and engaging in all sorts of fund raising activities. The reason that you don't hear about this, is because they don't boast about their work, as they believe that charity should be undertaken without receiving reward or recognition.

Anyway, good luck with your visit to your local lodge. I'm sure you will find it worthwhile.
Where you take it from there is up to you.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
are there lodges in every big city?

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
thats pretty interesting. The masons are all "hush,hush" over here in England. You never here about them or nothing. I don't think they even hold events.

My grandfather was a Master Mason and my grandmother & aunts were into the Eastern Star (its female mirror.) The whole family used to have to get black-tie dressed up and go to formal/elaborate ceremonies at the Masonic Temple. My father hated it, so we moved and stopped going (thank God).

The Masons are never discussed with non-masons. I don't know as much as I wish I did. Wish I could talk to Grandpa about it, but he's gone now. Most Masons are just good, hard-working men. Once you get over the 32nd Degree mark; however, you're getting into dark waters.

You have to be invited/sponsored to join.

Membership passes down generations.

Many pseudo christians are members. A lot of people have fled the masonic ranks once they came to know the Lord. They feel it is at odds with the word of God and the command to put God first.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join