It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormons Stay Away

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
There, that's my one and only warning, so brace yourselves for the Mormon-bashing of a lifetime.

I'd like to register right now, my official Beef with the Mormon Religion. I'd like to start by saying a few things that will make them sound unreasonable.

Someone once told me a story, straight from the book of Mormon, about how Satan (Lucifer) was cast from heaven, in the Mormon account. Apparently there was an argument between God and Lucifer about how people should be converted. God said love, Lucifer said by force. There was a debate, and long story short, Lucifer lost. God cast Lucifer and his followers out of heaven and to earth to become...get this...Black People.

Here's another one. The founder of the Mormon religion, who found a 'manuscript' and 'translated' it claims that there are a few parts in the book of mormon (The bad parts like the one i just told you is one of them) that were translated wrong. However, when a friend of mine, my youth pastor, incidentally translated the original manuscript (he knows Hebrew) he says that the Book of mormon is a verbatim translation.

This, to me shows the Mormon Religion to be unreasonable, and not a very good spreader of the love of Jesus.

One big reason i say this is that the big Mormon 'symbol' isn't the cross of Jesus. IT'S A FRIGGIN PENTAGRAM!! look at a book of mormon in a mormon church. It's spooky.

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by Loki]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I hate Mormons they annoy me every time i see them on the street they are always in pairs so i have to avoid the gits, sometimes i wear a heavy metal Tshirt and they ignore me its sooooo funny.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 05:32 AM
link   
mormonism is nothing short of a psuedosatanic cult its practices are not only limiting on a massive scale, but it endorses other things that are not just goody-gumdrops stuff. for one thing, the average mormon is encouraged to live in a box. no drinking, no sugar, and no fun whatsoever. the spirituality effect is devastating as well, as all the joy in the world appears to be sucked out from them.

have you ever met a mormon? I have known a few. the most insane individual I have ever met was mormon, and this is no lie. he was totally mentally unstable as a result of between his conflicting celtic genetic background and the farce that is his religion.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Mormonism was basically a money ruse that really took off, surprising even the young man who started it.
W.C. Fields was right.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Mormonism was basically a money ruse that really took off, surprising even the young man who started it.
W.C. Fields was right.

Yeah was a rite freak really, its all a scam in disguise.

[Edited on 22-8-2003 by drunk]

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
whilst on the topic of religions that are fairly .....unreasonable ....or just crazy ..what about 7th day adventists ?

I seriusly don't se the need for alot of their beliefs- though i'd like to understand their ideas about electrical instruments and why they are not allowed to use them on certain days/times etc ....

arc

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I haven't sat down and chatted with any mormons so will freely admit this is a guess. But perhaps the comment on Black people referred not to the colour of their skin but of their souls.

The no drinking, caffeine etc - can be a good thing. All those substances do cloud your brain and mormons aren't the only group who practice such restrictions - druids and muslims for example.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Muslims drink quite a bit of tea...and wait till you are outside the "holy lands"....you'll see Muslims drink like a fish!
Most are also smokers.... Where do you think the hooka came from???

arc

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I live in a city with a massive muslim population, and most of the devout do not drink. Many of the males do smoke cigarrettes and weed I agree but it is certainly frowned upon by the mosques

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I defiled and devirginized a young Mormon lad once.
I guess Im going to hell.
He now frequents strip clubs, drinks, and gets loads of speeding tickets and stuff. I turned him down the path of evil!

For those who didnt know, Joseph Smityh, founder of the mormon church, was a Free Mason. That should tell you right there something is wrong with this church. Not just ploygamy, or racism. Moroms wwere and still somewhat are racist, I think some mormons believe black people have the mark of Cain. They never let blacks into the church until about the 70's I think.

Anyway, the Mormon church is the richest and most powerful religion in America. They have more money within this country than the Catholics, or individual protestant churches. They run the state of Utah. You cant really get anywhere or do anything in Utah unless youre Mormon. Yet the govornment, attacks the religious gov in Alabama, but does nothing about the heavy Mormon dictatorship in Utah.

Most Mormons Ive met are pretty twisted too. The males are very dominant and abusive towards thier wives, they practice incest alot, and are really freaky. Im surprised more about them hasnt been put up on this board, they certainly cross the boundaries of secret society/religion.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Here are some interesting albeit frightening examples of the warped and horrific elements that are/were part of the original doctrine as "translated" by Joseph Smith.
He and Brigham Young were psychotic, sadistic, evil men. They had no concept of the truth represented in the Bible, which they claim to follow. By their account,
Cain was cursed, after he killed Abel, to be a nomad for the rest of his life. He feared he would be killed so God placed a 'mark'on him so that noone would do him harm. Somehow this 'mark' made all his seed into "negroes"! The more I look for rationale in their doctrines the less it has...read on:

"Negroes in this life are denied the Priesthood; under no circumstances can they hold this delegation ... from the Almighty. (Abra. 1:20-27.) The gospel of salvation is not carried affirmatively to them... negroes are not equal with other races where the receipt of certain spiritual blessings are concerned, particularly the priesthood and the temple blessings...but this inequality is not of man's origin. It is the Lord's...eternal laws of justice, and grows out of the lack of Spiritual valiance of those concerned in their first estate."

"Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot, This will always be so."

Indians are not safe either:
" ...for this people (American Indians) shall be scattered, and shall become a dark, a filthy, and a loathsome people, beyond the description of that which ever hath been amongst us,...and many generations shall not pass away...until they shall be a white and delightsome people." (Book of Mormon)

Regarding God's racial viewpoints, the truth is that "God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him." (Acts 10: 34-35)

"Justification" for Blood Atonement:
"In Nauvoo it was the orders from Joseph Smith and his apostles to beat, wound and castrate all Gentiles that the police could take when entering or leaving a Mormon house, if circumstances led to the belief that they had been there for immoral purposes."

"Apr.5,1902 'Clyde Felt has confessed to cutting the throat of old man Collins, at his request. The old man was a moral degenerate... , Clyde Felt is fourteen. Despite this blood atonement murder, LDS leaders allow [the] young man to be endowed and married in temple eight years later"

I'm a firm believer in freedom of religion, but the brutal depravity of the founders of this faith show their total lack of humanity:

"Suppose you found your brother in bed with your wife, and put a javelin through both of them, you would be justified, and they would atone for their sins, and be received into the kingdom of God... I have no wife whom I love so well that I would not put a javelin through her heart, and I would do it with clean hands." -President Brigham Young's sermon

Ash

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I had a mormon roomate in college. Guy was twisted. He refused to answer to his given name, I won't give it as his last name was Young, hehe go figure. Anyway lets call him george. He refused to answer to this and would only answer to "brig", as in Brigham young....He claimed direct lineage to the very same man. He was a strange cat proclaiming that he was going to lead the mormons into a new era, and he even claimed he was infact the reincarnation of the man. His parents not only agreed they down right encouraged it. Really never seemed to stop him from drinking like a fish or freely fraternizing with the ladies. Needless to say I got him to move out

As for 7th day Adventists, my better halfs entire family is into this crap. Don't eat meat, can't do crap on saturdays, the sabbath, and they don't wear any jewlery. Not even wedding rings. So needless to say when they met me they were horrified. ( at the time I was in a band and had some piercings, one of which was clearly visible sticking out of my lip, labret.)

I must say some are good people but alot are truly freaks.
As well as hypocrits. I know I saw a thread somewhere back a while ago about Scientology, NOW that is a freak show. Nothing like basing your entire belief system on a drug addicts, chemical induced ravings.

Gotta love freedom of religion.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
mormanisim was started by a miner on an acid trip.

hate the underware, but like the whole polygamy idea.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The Governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the Honorable Mitt Romney, is a devout mormon.

I wonder how much of what is being said here he believes is true????

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
W.C. Fields was right.

Cough*** Scientology***cough

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hi LOKI, May I ask what your relation is to Mormonism/LDS church?

Please Read this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Okay, I agree that the Mormons have got it wrong. And nobody should force their beliefes on anyone.

What I think is that the Mormons/ Jehovas Witnesses/ Whoever should be allowed to knock your door and ask you for their time. However, if the person then declines and decides not to listen, the knocking group should make note of it and not come back in future.

I myself am willing to talk to any such religous member that comes knocking. YOu can sometimes learn something, even if you don't agree with the message their trying to give. At least if you talk to them and explain why you disagree they will have something to think about, and will at leat be gald you responded. Well, thats the way I see it, but I respect a persons right to not be approached in their houses by such people, and something should be done to regulate this.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
All religions are nothing more than a justification of hate. It's always been the most common reason for one group to hate another. They disguise their intolerance in this holy shroud of phony "love". The whole thing is a sham.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
There is some spot in Utah that the Mormons believe Jesus is gonna come back to, and they wtach that site round the clock. They still do, but not as much as before. Dunno where it is in Utah, but Jesus is supposed to return there.

Mormons freak me out though, they really are a scary bunch. The sheer amount of money and power they posses is fightening. Thankfully, tho they can keep thier # in Utah.

Most Mormons I know still believe the mark of Cain BS about blacks. hence, why you find so few of em in Utah. When they die, they think they get thier own planets where they can have a bunch of wives and make spirtual abbies and crap. Sounds alot like the whole 40 virgins line some sects of Islam believe. Smith probably ripped off his ideas from that.

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i have a lot of mormon friends. its a good lifestlye but its not for me. i dont hate them. the only way i would hate them is if they forced it upon me which they dont. i like em and have no problem with em.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join