It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is After Iraqi War?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What is suppose to happen after the Iraqi war? Will North Korea, Iran, or some other country be next?

My opinion is the US is going to finish up the Iraqi war and head back home. After careful decisions, they will persue whoever is more of a threat (you know us Americans, we love the war games). Considering the two countries North Korea and Iran are both almost the same threat in different ways, they will head for who has the most Weapons of Mass Destruction considering we like playing 'nuclear footbal'.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
if we go anywhere next I agree that it will be Iran. Though I don't honestly see us leaving Iraq or Afghanistan (it's easy to forget that we're there as well, as we rarely hear about it) too soon. I don't think that the U.S. is ready to fu*k with north Korea, because they're a bunch hardcore's who wouldn't think twice to push that button at even the THREAT of any action (at least that's what I strongly believe... I have no strong facts to back that one up.) But as I already said... especially now with those bombings in London it's going to be that much longer before our war on terrorism in the middle east is brought to a halt.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The sad part about this is, not many countries are fond of us because of Bush's actions in this war. America always likes showing how tough we are, and now because Bush was stupid, China is coming up close. America delcares war on everything. The US military thinks it is a game (atleast those teenagers who want to just hold a gun). We keep on fighting everything and just never sit still for one second to recover from the previous war before rushing in on the next making us vulnerable.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I agree with you agent, but I don't believe all the blame should be placed on Bush. our ego has been ongoing throughout history and to blame it all on one man doesnt' seem fair. I know he's not the best president in the world, and he certainly has his faults, but I think it's safe to say that most presidens follow someone else's lead, and you have to remember, that congress has to agree to all the actions as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
No, that's true, it's unnfair to lay it all at Bush's feet.

If there weren't millions of jingoistic bloodthirsty morons supporting this stuff, we might actually be a peacable, free Republic instead of a wannabe-Roman empire going around trying to take over the planet.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm going to say Iran will be the setting of our next military conflict. Then maybe Syria. I don't know if the US is going to go for North Korea for a while, as that seems it may spark some conflict with China, which the US may not want to risk yet in terms of the domestic impact. China's relatins with North Korea aren't as good as they were, though, so maybe in time China wouldn't be bothered by a US invasion there.

I say let China become a world power, though. Let them become stronger than the US. That way we may be a little more timid in our foreign policy, instead of invading countries willy nilly like Napoleon.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I dont believe were going to invade another country after Iraq's finished. Believe me, Bush is so stressed out from this war. Its not an easy job.

05'

if theirs going to be a future conflict, then I would go for china, Iran or Israel.
The PRC has already threatened Taiwan with mainland invasion if they declare independence. The US has vowed to protect taiwan.

Taiwan is schedule to declare independence in 08' I believe.

I see the Iran nuke ordeal is just for Israel, vise-versa.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I feel invading China would not be a good choice. The two most powerful nations going toe to toe? Think about the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghost88
I feel invading China would not be a good choice. The two most powerful nations going toe to toe? Think about the rest of the world.

No I wasn't saying that we are going to invade China, Im simply implying that China and US see a future conflict over with Taiwan. Its like a doomsday clock, we know when its going to strike 12, but where not in the mood to stop it.
Bush doesn't want another war, he has a forceful foreign policy but a lot now is just warnings.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
errrr... evanfitz, Bush doesn't look good lol, looks like hes dying or half dead.

The next conflect i think will be north korea, i think china is pretty tire of kim too by now. and kim probility going to invade south again...

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Let's see..........

If we invade Iran then we are dealing with China and Russia both........but especially China in the fact that they have significant monetary investments in Iran's nuke and infrastructure for securing a strong oil trade relationship.................so I don' t think that is going to happen....

N. Korea...........not a good idea either from what has been already posted...

Taiwan...............defending this island country if they declare independence puts us eye ball to eye ball with China.

Heck why don't we bring our troops home, lock down our borders........and let the rest of the World deal with their own problems for a little while and see what they come up with...........

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Half dead or half brain dead?? sry I get confused

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by futuretense
Heck why don't we bring our troops home, lock down our borders........and let the rest of the World deal with their own problems for a little while and see what they come up with...........

we tried to gets some troops out of germany to help those in Iraq, but their was a public outcry. Many Germans work for the US government military facilaties; and since unemployment is a bit high their that would mean even higher numbers.

Those government buildings were needed during the cold war when most of europe was recovering from WWII, but now we really can't shut them down.

[edit on 22-7-2005 by evanfitz]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hopefully IF, and it is an if, we get into another war, it is with Iran, Syria, and ultimately Saudi Arabia - in that order. We can take over the majority of the worlds oil while also taking out Islamic extremists

top topics

join