It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain-Damaged Woman Gives Birth to Healthy Baby Girl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
A brain-damaged woman in Illinois just gave birth to a baby girl, surpising doctors with a delivery both free of complications and a month ahead of schedule. The woman's family alledges she was raped by those tasked with caring for he since she was ten years oldr: the Alden Village Health Facility for Children and Young Adults.

abcnews.go.com
A severely disabled, brain-damaged woman who was discovered to be pregnant while living in a nursing home has given birth to an apparently healthy baby girl, authorities said.

A lawsuit filed last week claims the woman was raped in the home in suburban Bloomingdale. The woman has cerebral palsy and is so severely disabled she must use a wheelchair and be fed through a tube.

The woman was scheduled to have a Caesarean section in mid-August, but she had the procedure Wednesday evening at Rush University Medical Center here because she was suffering from a dangerous complication of pregnancy called pre-eclampsia.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think it goes without saying that decent human beings don't rape women with cerebral palsy. I hope they agressively investigate this crime and find the person responsible.

I'm also amazed that the baby was healthy, despite being premature and conceived under such stressfull circumstances. It's a fairly well documented occurence for the mother's stress to lead to fetal injury, miscarriages, and other complications.

I wonder what effect such a situation has on fetal development? And do you suppose our time in the womb has a great or noteworthy effect on the development of personality?

Related News Links:
www.usatoday.com

[edit on 27-9-2005 by DJDOHBOY]

join