It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the book Angels And Demons tell the truth about the Illuminatti??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
In the book Angels And Demons the Illumantti have six brands that they brand people with. Also Gallileo was their leader. Is any of that true??

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The book and its claims are highly fictional and inaccurate. Galileo has always been rumored to have been a member. The brands are totally fictitious as are most of the other claims, but then it is FICTION.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Nope. Notting but pure fiction. But over all I thought it was a good read. Just don't use it as a history book.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
my dad bought this dvd at sam club Angels and Demons Revealed it talks about the illuminatti

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombiebiello
In the book Angels And Demons the Illumantti have six brands that they brand people with. Also Gallileo was their leader. Is any of that true??

tombiebiello,

I don't mean to seem crass, but when a book is classified as "Fiction" what IMMEDIATELY comes to mind???

uhmmm....someone MADE IT UP perhaps?????

Angels & Demons, like The DaVinci Code is VERY entertaining (if you like Fiction) but history....it' "ain't"

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
theres a book out there called something like "the trueth behind angels and demons" the same guy wrote "the trueth behind the devinci code", i beleive that's what they are called...it's explains ALOT trust me...both good reads but you MUST keep an open mind or else dont waist your time.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombiebiello

this is just opinion, mind you, but as far a Gallileo being Illuminati...
i think the term had a different meaning back then- when the
scientific 'Illuminated Minds' of the times, were helping to pull back the
dark-curtains of religious practice that created the 'Dark Ages'

the book you cite (ADI), sounds partly like source material that was used
for some of the scenes and elements of the story in the movie
"Constantine"...which had a mix of Eastern Orthodoxy, Gnostic
and Mysticism along with pre-Christian or early Christian symbolism

? RU of the reasoning; that there is an 'absolute',
or a universal 'Truth'...and that Angels-Demons-Illuminati
is somehow a package of absolute>truth>reality ???
yo, keep surfing the apocalypse, but - enjoy it while your at it.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
it is purely a work of fiction
however it is a great read and recommend it to anyone
definitely looking forward to the movie

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
curious.

i have read angels and demons and i would agree that it is nothing more than fiction, good fiction, but still only fiction.

so, being a good story it peaked my interest in the illuminiati, so i ask all of you, where should i go to learn about what the illuminati really was or is?

thanks in advance.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

If you're looking for historical information on the Bavarian Illuminati. Illuminati Conspiracy Part One is an excellent place to start.

The author has a book out now which I'm reading at the moment.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Do you think any "truth" would ever make it on a screen?

[edit on 9-5-2009 by depth om]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Although the book is fictitious in nature and inacurate when it comes to stating our past, there is a grain of truth to everything.

Everything that we are shown, wether it be movies, songs, games and literature all contain little tidbits of truths wrapped in grand lies.

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The book approaches the idea of an Illuminati very differently than it is mainly discussed on conspiracy sites. It tells an interesting story though, but it's one of pure fiction. You should read it.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The truth about the "Illuminati" is revealed quite a bit in this thread:

Shards of the Illuminati

The thread started a year ago and the author is now dead (spoiler alert) but it's an amazing read.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
More Ill food in book
www.lulu.com...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Denial of the Illuminati only makes them more powerful, and more in control. Of course the book is fiction, how long do you think an author would last in the Literary World if he told the whole truth about the plan? I have done a lot of research on these minions, and they are in pretty much full control, as they instigate wars and fights, control the flow of money, and are trying to tag everyone in some way or another. They can already track you through your cell phone, and in most new cars there is a GPS device that allows tracking. They have satellites that can read a newspaper in your backyard at night, and see your dope and ammo too, in your closet. Why do Americans, and the leaders of the world let these people do as they do? Because they are secret, and may deny they even exist. The best place to hide a lie is between two truths. When I read the book several years ago, I thought that everything in the book was a lie, but it is exactly the way things are.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Just a quick question.....

What makes any of you so sure that you know anything about the Illuminati? You are all here spouting off stuff like you know what you are talking about. We dont even know if they are still around, for sure, so what makes us think we know anything about their practices?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The "Illuminati" in the typical sense do not exist. Adam Weishaupt's original Bavarian Illuminati splintered into two distinct groups.

Over the years those groups splintered further. The lines became fuzzy and the groups cellularized.

The group that is associated with the NWO is actually not as organized as you are led to believe. Philosophical, political and cultural differences have turned their goal of "world domination" (or control of people and information) into a disorganized mess. Those with a military background will understand the concept of a Charlie-Foxtrot-Delta.

Even so, the various splinter groups, or remnants, of Weishaupt's Illuminati are formidable. In many places of the world they are able to manipulate the economies and resources of nations.

The other group maintains the original duty they were given millenia ago. They are guardians of an important library of knowledge that forms the foundation of many of the world's religious beliefs. That is their sole duty, to protect and promote the message that mankind must work together to realize our ultimate purpose.

I haven't read Angels and Demons, nor have I seen the movie but I suspect there is some truth embedded in the fiction.

Because these "guardians" are subtle in their purpose and existence they influence society and introduce ideas, hints and context subtly through popular culture, movies, TV and books. I can't confirm that Angels and Demons was one of these but there have been several other very successful movies and TV shows that were purposefully produced with the intent to give society an idea or hope about our destiny. Generally these are in the science fiction genre and depict humanity rising over a common obstacle by forgetting their individual differences and working together.

So is there an Illuminati? Not in the context that many assume, but their are groups descended from Illuminism.

They don't hand out business cards and you won't find them in the phone book but they are there working behind the scenes. One faction is trying to control you and the other is trying to free you.

It is certain that mankind is headed for a showdown of epic proportion and despite the fact that the next 3 to 10 years will be somewhat chaotic, it will probably be 70 years or more before the entire truth is revealed.

What does it all mean? Nothing really. The only thing we have to guide us is history, and throughout man's entire existence there have been those who would seek to control us and dominate us, so why should our lifetimes be any different?

If you take anything away from this post just be heartened by the fact that throughout history, even though things got VERY VERY bad at times, the good guys always win. :-)

Happy Mother's Day!

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
oops

[edit on 7/16/2009 by seagull]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join