It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about CIA SAS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hey guys, I'm new here and this is my first post. I read that the CIA Special Activities Staff recruits from members of elite military units. My questions are do they recruit only officers or both officers and NCOs? Do you have to be out of the military to be recruited by them or do they take people who are currently in the military? My last question is can you inquire that you're interested in the CIA SAS or do they recruit just who they pick out? Thanks

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Here ya go...this might help

www.cia.gov...

Google

sporty

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I want to make sure I'm understanding this right, so you can be either Officer or NCO and you can apply and don't have to be recruited. Right?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The CIA SAS recruits very mature, highly experienced, seasoned vets, both officer and NCO- most notably from Delta and other high speed outfits.
Not much is known of recruitment, training, ect.. Although info is available: www.specialoperations.com... It's pretty sparse.
I'm sure you can inquire for a position, but if you have the skills desired, I'm sure you'd get a call.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Do you mean Special Air Service, No they don't take anybody... They have a long test... They have to life for them self for months anf prove taht they are in good shape, and then there's a roamer that they have to walk with an unsecured hand grenade...

I'll send a U2U about this topic, just a bit longer... Out of time now...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
SAS: Special Activities Staff. A specwar unit within the CIA- under the directorate of operations. Your speaking of the revered British SAS. Never heard of them holding a unfused, spoonless grenade. But I heard in Vietnam, special forces units would sometimes make their mongs hold 'dummy' grenades to prove loyalty.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Is there an age limit to get into the CIA SAS because I read that they recruit up to the age 35 but I didn't think that seemed accurate?

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Age limit? I doubt it; as long as you can prove your worthy, with the right skills.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
There isn't a minimum age limit but 20 year olds aren't the highly experienced operators they're looking for. And in the case of the SAS/Special Activities Division/ Military Support Group (All 3 the same thing) it is possible in certain instances to waive the max age of 35.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I highly doubt the CIA is gonna recruit someone who belongs to ATS. And the things do are so important, like the world could end if they fail.

havent you played Metal Gear Solid 3?

[edit on 9-8-2005 by punkmonkey14]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Of course they use NCO, how else would they get anything done?

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Is there a british form of the special activites staff?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hell i would apply for the CIA if Jennifer Garner is my boss.... ahem

mod edit, please check your u2us.

[edit on 16-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by apache

Someone must know?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The British equvilant of the CIA's Special Activites Staff would be a military role. MI6 wouldn't touch anything that paramilitary.

For that kind of work, your probably looking at the 14th Intelligence Company (a.k.a. the Det). A friend of mine was in the Det during the Bosnia conflict, busy doing all of MI6's dirty work and assisting the [British] SAS.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FactoryLad

The British equvilant of the CIA's Special Activites Staff would be a military role. MI6 wouldn't touch anything that paramilitary.

For that kind of work, your probably looking at the 14th Intelligence Company (a.k.a. the Det). A friend of mine was in the Det during the Bosnia conflict, busy doing all of MI6's dirty work and assisting the [British] SAS.

Either your mate is telling some porkies or you have your units mixed up. 14 Int only work in Northern Ireland (Gods Country). Trust me on this one

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Your good lad...But I've got you on this one...

*Hastily edited to hide shame*

Bugger.

Your right, I just got off the blower to him. It was the Intelligence Corps.

*Pulls duvet over head to hide*

[edit on 19-11-2005 by FactoryLad]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ex members may have been, but the unit wasn't. It was formed as a replacement for the FRU (Forces Recce Unit) in the late 70s for the sole purpose of gathering intelligence in Ulster. 14 Int has never worked outside the glorious fields of Ulster.

In conventional warfare, standard SF units (SAS/SBS) would fullfil these roles. Sorry to burst any bubbles.

Just noticed your edit. Good effort though, at least you didn't try to lie about the mess-up.

[edit on 19-11-2005 by PaddyInf]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You got me you swine, you replied while I was halfway editing my post

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join