It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars to be seen as large as the Moon!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Just stumbled on this article, it appears that in August and part of September Mars will be as big as the moon to the naked eye! This is the first time in over 60,000 years and it may not happen again for another 60,000 years! Im so happy I bought a telescope a month ago
!

Article:

www.science.ualberta.ca...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You realise the article you reference is dated for 2003 however??

"August 26, 2003 – If you look up in the sky tonight you'll be taking in the best view of Mars in the last 60,000 years. ..."

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
And the mars will NEVER be as big as the moon in the sky. I remember ack in August of 2003 how people were talking about this but had no clue what they were saying. While I was a little amature astronomer who really got the facts....

I can remember being in A disscussion where someone was like "YEAH I went go see it last night! IT was HUGE as big as the moon!" to which I chuckled and walked off.

Venus was brighter than mars was. Venus will almost always be brighter than venus. for Mars to appear as big as the moon in our sky... it would mean we are going to hit it and all die.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Here's the original thread on this subject. The article in question states that with a telescope Mars will appear as big as the Moon does to the naked eye.
The original article is worded a little funny and can be misconstrued.

Kinda like my posts are often worded a little funny

[edit on 7/21/2005 by yadboy]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
posted here before...

sorry...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Heh. Locking this one down. But it's a good reminder to everyone to [B]Check the DATES on any article before posting!

top topics

join