It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landings ...a survey!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
There are plenty of other threads here debating the Moon landings(Did we or didn't we).This is not one of those, though I would like to add that I have always believed 100% that we have been to the Moon and walked upon it.

No, this is about how many people believe the conspiracy.
I was in my local pub yesterday when the subject came up.
I asked a half dozen people (not many I know)of different ages if they believed that US Astronauts have walked on the Moon.
I was shocked to hear that only ONE person (including me) believed that men have walked on the Moon!!. One person even said he believed in "ghosts" but not the Moon landings...Amazing!
It would be intresting if other ATS members did the same to see their results.

I find it rather sad that all of the hard and dangerous work done by NASA etc,.to make the Moon landings possible is not believed by a hell of a lot of people.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Im not sure, the fact that the flag was blowing is strange, and no scientific analysis saying it is a trick of the eye is gonna change the fact that the flag is blowing. Also, the shadows changing in direction...

If nasa thought they'd fake it to be No.1 then....ROFL LMAO LOLOLOLOL
Silly people

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The flag is moving(not blowing) when the Astronauts have direct contact with it.
There are clips of an astronaut walking within inches of it and does not move at all...no draught!.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodsyboy
Im not sure, the fact that the flag was blowing is strange, and no scientific analysis saying it is a trick of the eye is gonna change the fact that the flag is blowing. Also, the shadows changing in direction...

Silly people

Holy crap the fact that this flag thing was solved by nasa so they could fly the flag. how you ask? Wires ! they put wires in the flag its self so that the ppl could see there beautiful colours flying for all to see on the moon.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm kinda new to this site, so forgive my ignorance; but I never knew that there was the possibility of a conspiracy about the moon landing. I had always assumed that that was the truth. As I've gotten older I've begun to question things; but this wasn't one of them. Now I'm gonna have to go check out the other threads and do some investigating of my own before I can say whether it was a hoax or not. So I guess until I've decided based on the evidence that I am undecided.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
there is a huge arguement between ppl if the moon landings did ever happen though i have heard many arguements everything has still points to an actual landing in my openion. but that is just my openion and i encourage you to form your own sinta_ilfirin.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodsyboy

Silly people

Also missed this first time i read your post. shadows changing? no way!!! the moon rotates around the earth which rotates around the sun ...... im thinking it makes sence that the shadows would be changing? i could be wrong but until you prove me wrong thats what im thinking.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinta_ilfirin
I never knew that there was the possibility of a conspiracy about the moon landing. I had always assumed that that was the truth.

There isn't, people just keep saying there is.

GEORGE: WHERE in the hell are you? And what kind of pub? I'd expect some of these places (maybe even most) to still be going on about the Reds. That news really shocks me.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Amorymeltzer...You obviously know where I am (Where are you?).
When you've won the European Cup 5 times it can get a bit monotonous talking about it.!!!
Anyway I digress...This is not a thread about "if or when"...but about the amount of people who believe the conspiracy theory.
Ask your friends and family and see what replies you get.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by GEORGE]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
As a kid, I believed in the moon landings, as a teenager a I was swayed by the conspiracies and what appeared to evidence pointing toward a conspiracy, but now, after seeing a very good "debunking the conspiracy" documentary, I believe that the moon landings did take place.

The only doubt I would have would be regarding the technology used in the space suits and whether they would have been good enough to withstand the radiation which would be far greater than that of the Earth as the moon, obviously, lacks the atmospheric protection we have here.

Re: Liverpool, I'm not sure adding a giraffe to your team will save you from the mighty beating you will receive from Chelsea this season........

PEACE

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Koka...Apparently we've only bought Crouch so everybody can see the Champions Cup easier when he holds it above his head!

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have heard about that documentry before from ppl that said they belive in the landings again because of it. you have any more info on the show? a link prehaps?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGE
Koka...Apparently we've only bought Crouch so everybody can see the Champions Cup easier when he holds it above his head!

Good call......

Originally posted by Canada_EH
I have heard about that documentry before from ppl that said they belive in the landings again because of it. you have any more info on the show? a link prehaps?

Unfortunately, I did a google and have not been able to find it, I believe it was on either Channel 4 or 5, here in the UK. You can try doing a search here ATS, i'm sure it was mentioned on one of the threads.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This may be of intrest...
www.space.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I've just noticed that my last link was closed down on another thread(Sorry!)
As I've already said though I'm only interested how many people believe the conspiracy theory.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH

Also missed this first time i read your post. shadows changing? no way!!! the moon rotates around the earth which rotates around the sun ...... im thinking it makes sence that the shadows would be changing? i could be wrong but until you prove me wrong thats what im thinking.

lol no no no i mean in 1 pic there would be a shadow of a rock on the right, then on another rock a shadow on the left! If the sun is to the right of an object, how can a shadow be cast to the right? I dunno, its just fishy...is it true about the flag thing? that sounds very fishy...or maybe im so bored I want to think its fishy?

[edit on 21-7-2005 by woodsyboy]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
the flag thing (ie the wire inside it) is true. you can ask any member of nasa that was there at the time it was commen knowledge. The whole flag thing is something that some one most likely claimed a fake and everyone jumped all over it because the want to believe(though dont ask me why) that its one big fake. also would you care to provide a link to one of the pictures that you question so me and others can see what your saying. thanks Can_EH out

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I belive that man has been to the moon.

here is a debunking site.
A Debunking of the Moon Hoax Theory

and another with much the same info (focus on the fox show)
Fox TV and the Apollo Moon Hoax

It looks like that because of the way the flag was deployed. The flag hangs from a horizontal rod which telescopes out from the vertical one. In Apollo 11, they couldn't get the rod to extend completely, so the flag didn't get stretched fully. It has a ripple in it, like a curtain that is not fully closed. In later flights, the astronauts didn't fully deploy it on purpose because they liked the way it looked. In other words, the flag looks like it is waving because the astronauts wanted it to look that way. Ironically, they did their job too well. It appears to have fooled a lot of people into thinking it waved.

as for the shadows there is no photo showing one right and one left.
only this one

this photo shows how this is possible

from This site

new topics

top topics

join