It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Attacks on London?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
"Today is the last day of parliament before an 80 day break. So if the government wanted to get those anti-terror measures through which were proposed after the 7/7 bombing, then this status of high alert is the perfect climate to get them rammed through without dissent.

Sky News reported that members of parliament could be recalled tonight in a special session for the express purpose of passing that legislation."

www.prisonplanet.com...

There's your reason. Of course you can believe it was those pesky 'Extreemists' but again, what the hell do they get from it?

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Its copy cats, the targets they picked dont make sense because the Oval station isn't busy on a thursday, warren St doesnt make sense either, heck all the targets dont make sense.

Its some radicals who have been inspired by the attacks and want to recreate it, they've probably read up on the internet, made the bombs and they failed to explode or didnt explode to the damage they wanted.

Reports of nail bombs are interesting though

[edit on 21-7-2005 by infinite]

Given that any war these days is a propaganda war as much as a physical war, I think that we should be wary of any assumptions as to who was responsible based on any 'signs' such as the attack being 'amateurish.

Believing that the face value 'style' of the attacks is actually relevant is possibly exactly what the perpetrators are after.

We cannot exclude the possibility that both London attacks were from the same source and that the differing 'styles' of attack were carefully planned in order to manipulate public opinion.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis
"Today is the last day of parliament before an 80 day break. So if the government wanted to get those anti-terror measures through which were proposed after the 7/7 bombing, then this status of high alert is the perfect climate to get them rammed through without dissent.

Sky News reported that members of parliament could be recalled tonight in a special session for the express purpose of passing that legislation."

www.prisonplanet.com...

There's your reason. Of course you can believe it was those pesky 'Extreemists' but again, what the hell do they get from it?

On the same theme Bush is now using 7/7 as an excuse to push the Patriot Act II

www.washingtontimes.com...

(May he burn in Hell)

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Im sorry to say that England brought this 2nd attack upon themselves.

After the 1st attack, instead of profiling radical Muslims and going after the ones preaching death and hatred and than DEPORTING them...they set up a committie to study "why" the Muslims are so angry. Than the mayor of London blames English foreign policy instead of the Scum planting bombs....FANATIC Omar Bakri Mohammed last night admitted he hates Britain — after learning he will escape deportation.

I watched an NBC crew in Leeds last night and EVERYONE of the Muslims they interviewed said they can understand what motivated these suicide bombers and its all Englands fault. Instead of thanking England for taking their parents in and helping them....they support the suicide bombers because their fellow Muslims and it made me sick with rage.

The English government is no longer able to protect the English citizen.....they refuse to RACIALLY PROFILE Muslims as they board public transportation and they have pretty much sold Englands safety down the river.

Liberalism has such a strangle-hold on England, that they may no longer be able to hold the line against radical Islam. Theres one hope and only one hope for England.....and thats the soccer thugs.

These street fighters may be the only ones left in England that have enough BALLS to take on Radical Islam.

God Save the Queen.

Maximu§

[edit on 053131p://444 by LA_Maximus]

I agree we have to root out islamic extremism ASAP but we're much more concerned about civil strife than deaths from terrorism.

We have 2.4 muslims against a poulation of 59M. They are concentrated in a few areas and in some parts of some towns are a majority.

If we profile as you suggest presumably we'd deport everyone fitting the following description

male
Muslim
Pakistani / Carribbean descent
Has/ hasn't been in trouble with police
Good student / tearaway
Young unemployed / Teacher (ie passed background checks)
Islamic dress / western dress

Seems to me we're upto 1/2M+ - who's going to deport them? In what? and most importantly to where?

Of these 500,000 people (and their 500,000 spouses and 1m kids) perhaps less than 100 would be directly involved implicated. Those left behind would, of course, be ripe for eploitation by islamic extremists.

A ridiculous notion!

The most important thing here is UK's liberties - we fought alone (with the Empire) for 2 years to preserve our liberties and those of others while US bankers quibbled about the cost. We have no issue paying the price if it's for a decent cause.

Even with 50 dead per day preserving real liberties and freedoms will be the prime concern not mass deportations.

UK is not US - we'll find our own solutions thanks

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
The most important thing here is UK's liberties -

You made some good points my British friend and its food for thought, but I think the most important thing is Survival. God Forbid London gets hit again, but I have a nasty feeling it will and when it does, what I wrote in my previous post will come to pass.

You can't possibly search everyone boarding the trains, but you can profile Muslims. I know all Muslims arn't terrorists, but pretty much all terrorists are Muslims.

You English have always had my admiration and I hope there is still some "Winston Churchill" left in you.

Maximu§

[edit on 123131p://555 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yeah mate it may well happen again, trouble is they'll learn from this one so next time...

Random searches, more sniffer dogs (always been loads particularly mainline train stations but for drugs), roving x-rays etc are going to come in on the Tube to disrupt rather than 'prevent' - a price we'll have to pay I suppose.

Maybe the move to 'shoot to kill/no warning required' ROE for the UK cops is a sign it's all going to go that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join