It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If not GOD, then what?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This same topic was probably posted, if it was then MODS can just delete it.

Anyway to my topic. I've noticed that there are alot of ATSers who just don't except GOD as being real, and don't except GOD as our creator. SO if GOD didn't create the Universe (or possibly a Multiverse), then what did? I mean just look at our world, and our Universe, everything was made just right so we and other living things could survive. Example, Gravity, Water, Air, Planets, Fruits, Veggies, Atoms etc. There had to have been some sort of intelligence that put all these things into mind, so we (humans) and other living things could live here. So if GOD did not create us, then what did??

Just a thought, I wanna here what are some of your opinions.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by Striker122]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122
This same topic was probably posted, if it was then MODS can just delete it.

Anyway to my topic. I've noticed that there are alot of ATSers who just don't except GOD as being real, and don't except GOD as our creator. SO if GOD didn't create the Universe (or possibly a Multiverse), then what did?

The big bang.. or do you mean before the big bang? That could been 30 billion years ago.. thats alot of waiting for humans to appear. Your god must be very patient.

I mean just look at our world, and our Universe, everything was made just right so we and other living things could survive.

No. Our own [and other living things] adaptions were 'just right' so we could survive.

There had to have been some sort of intelligence that put all these things into mind, so we (humans) and other living things could live here.

Wow.. so do you think the entire universe was 'created' just so we could live here?

So if GOD did not create us, then what did??

Our enviroment [ie 'the universe'].

[edit on 21-7-2005 by riley]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well if everything is perfect then why the tsunami aids and other diseases.
And I'm pretty sure that our universe could have been made better for life.
And your also saying that if not god then who created the universe, but who created him cos if you say hes just there then thats the same as the answer to the big bang.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122
everything was made just right so we and other living things could survive.

Things aren't 'just right', they're simply what they are. Evolutionary theory demonstrates that living things will evolve in such a way as to be intricately connected to the world around them, and that includes the physical and biological environment. There's only an appearance of things haveing been planned out, when in reality there is no need to explain nature by such planning.

There had to have been some sort of intelligence that put all these things into mind, so we (humans) and other living things could live here.

No, there didn't have to be anything of the sort.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Ive been thinking and if you say there has to have been a higher inteligence to create us but then that higher inteligence has less chance of being created than us, unless something higher created that but the we just get into a childish debate dont we.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If not god, then what?
I think this is a cop out thread...
What ever other explanations people will give for the starting of the universe will not satisfy you, because you will want proof. And there is no proof. So then you will laugh in our faces saying "well then it must be my christian god"

Just a thought i would propose, who ever said that the universe ever did start? Or that it will end. We try to apply our human concepts of life and death and time to the universe. The universe is the "unexplained" and there are so many things our in the universe beyond the human mind of comprehension. But as soon as something is unexplained....it is a act of god....NO. It is something that is not explained yet.
So if there is no birth, or death, or any sort of time that applies to the universe, then we cant make a sound conclusion about it, because our brains do not have the neccesary tools to figure out the mysteries of the universe.

So the closest thing my brain can comprehend as a "god" is the Tao.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
odin made us all with a hammer and anvil in the fires of valhalla

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
the term GOD, implies the westernised version incl. Christian/Jew/Islam [God, Allah]

i personally attract, moreso to Buddism or Tao...
and Gnostic Archon, see; www.metahistory.org...
and then into Shamanism
which are all correspondences of the GoD Conscious-ness.
The conceptualizing of beginnings+endings of the material universe
is the attempt by men to comprehend something which is eternally unfolding.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The god concept is human in nature, many feel that the universe was created by chance or "big bang".

The problem is that as human beings is hard to grasp the whole idea of what we really are and came from.

If we separate our essence from the human encasement called body who is to said that as an essence or soul, we has always been around as a form of energy and we as a collective energy of power make the universe.

Perhaps is not just a "God" but all of us as part of one source of energy.

The only way to picture such an idea you have to see beyond the human body and what we really are without it.

Pure energy.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The god concept is human in nature, many feel that the universe was created by chance or "big bang".

The problem is that as human beings is hard to grasp the whole idea of what we really are and came from.

If we separate our essence from the human encasement called body who is to said that as an essence or soul, we has always been around as a form of energy and we as a collective energy of power make the universe.

Perhaps is not just a "God" but all of us as part of one source of energy.

The only way to picture such an idea you have to see beyond the human body and what we really are without it.

Pure energy.

This only applies if you belive in a suol ect.

Personally I belive we are just us biomechanical mechines created by chemicals and chance. We have no more perpose or importance than anything or anyone else we are just here.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Please forgive me, but I thought this might be helpful in some way:

www.avdf.com...

It is humorous, but profound in a way. A good illustration anyway.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
well the universe cannot organize itself no matter how much energy you apply. the second law of thermodynamics states that everything tends toward disorder, basically that everythying is falling apart.

you cant overcome that the second law with energy, you need an intelligent force to utilize the energy and apply it in a constructive way.

the big bang theory goes against the first and second law of thermodynamics.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What if this world...heck this Universe is all an illusion.

I believe it is because of the fact that we only live in it temporary...maybe I'll or we'll wake up from our deep slumber...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
yeah ok. well that makes sense if you believe in the bible. we are here for a short time. and the only reason we die is becuase we sin. its not an illusion man. we are here. and if we werent im sure we would have figured that out by now. I mean cmon. if what you believe to be true. if we have been here for billions of years, im sure we would have figured it out already.

id rather believe the more comforting theory. that "in the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth" and I believe that he is in charge and is going to make everything right again.
it takes faith to believe. it doesnt take much to know things.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
there is no telling. It could be anything. If people did not have religion then what would we have?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
A peaceful planet is what we would have without religions. No more death from religious wars.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The concept of God has always been human, sorry but that is the true, human’s way to confront what can not be explain in human terms so God come into play to make it easier.

We can only see what is in front of our eyes as human beings. But who is to say that is more than a universe and that is levels of other dimensions out there.

God is too human for me to believe, because was made by humans.

In my personal experiences since childhood I have learned that things are not what it seems but good enough for our human minds to be comfortable.

Now people that do astral travels always have something in common and that is the feeling of freedom that you get when you are experiencing them.

So we may be discussing big band, creation or physics but the reality is that as long as we tried to use our human logic is never going to be logical at all.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
yeah, I understand how you think... And in some things it's true... But at this point it wouldn't be wise to comment on that because if God is almighty, he has created everyting, and today we don't even know what we got after our solar system...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Wel maybe the big bang does go against thermodynamics theory,
but god goes against the most fundamental law in the universe-
Energy adn amtter cannot be created or destroyed.
UNlike peoples belive in god.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by B1luetooth
yeah ok. well that makes sense if you believe in the bible. we are here for a short time. and the only reason we die is becuase we sin.

Sin is a man-made concept!

id rather believe the more comforting theory. that "in the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth" and I believe that he is in charge and is going to make everything right again.
it takes faith to believe. it doesnt take much to know things.

Ingnorance is truly blissful...that's why it's comforting!...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join