It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: London On High Alert After New Explosions..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The roof is still on, thank God. Do you think it could have been a bio/chemical attack?

BBC News Update

Sir Ian appealed to Londoners to stay where they were and said the transport system was effectively being shut down.

The minor explosions - just two weeks after blasts killed 56 - involved detonators only, a BBC reporter said.

Police said officers in protective clothing had been deployed to Warren Street to examine the scene.

I saw an Asian man reaching towards his backpack, when it exploded with a bright light. He appeared shocked, and dumped the bag almost immediately and fled the seen. Three people around him attempted to prevent him leaving, but failed.

3 people!!! How big was this guy? I know British people are not very strong but really.

Scotland Yard have confirmed there is an incident involving armed police officers at University College Hospital in Bloomsbury close to Warren Street station.

A man was also arrested by armed police at the gates of Downing Street.

An internal memo to staff at the hospital has warned them to be on the lookout for a black male, possibly of Asian origin, about 6ft 2ins tall, wearing a blue top with wires protruding from the rear of the top.

[edit on 21/7/05 by GodAtum]

dh

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
Police just ordered BBC to turn off cameras outside Downing St (it was a live broadcast)

Was this following the arrest of the guy at gunpoint? - shown on ITN

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
well from what I've seen on my tv channels one guy was lead away from the parliment building and aprently the guy in the hospital had wires poking out of his boady.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Sky News just showed the man being arrested by police, couldn't work out his nationality (white probably, or very light Asian), he had a black top on (it looked open) and he had dark hair, with dark glasses on.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by VelvetSplash]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Police are on shoot to kill, thats probably why the cameras are off. I dont think they want the public to see them kill someone one on national TV.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodAtum
3 people!!! How big was this guy? I know British people are not very strong but really.

Do you mind? 'British' is an amalgm of many peoples... and I think stupid jokes/remarks like this are not really fitting for the time.. or for a news thread.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
ceasefire doesn`t mean a thing to the IRA (real , continuity or NORAID provo`s)

If they wanted to blow something up, they will.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by Harlequin]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Are you serious?? Why would you say something so utterly stupid? Have you ever even been to the UK? If you haven't I suggest you do and make this statement at any pub or football match. And please upload pics of yourself when/if they release you from hospital. Sheesh.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This is looking more and more like it's a botched real terrorist attempt or one that was meant more just for effect and causing chaos rather than killing.

It could be some Islamic group that tried a copycat attack but didn't have the al Qaeda ties to get expertise or it could be something completely unrelated.

Yes it could, dj77.
Or it could be an attempt by neo-suprematists to avenge the attacks two weeks ago.
And therefore, increase the race/religious tensions.

Sanc'.

dh

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
ceasefire doesn`t mean a thing to the IRA

Forget the IRA, this is just a small exercise to ramp up the fear - the British response to 7/7 was obviously too phlegmatic

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Why is it that all of the major 'Western' terrorist attacks (9/11, 3/11, 7/7 and now 7/21) have occurred on odd numbered days/months? Also, the numbers are always 3, 7, 11 or multiples thereof? The coincidence is pretty amazing.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by jtma508]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
jtma508 just think about it:

That's half of the month it can be on.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dh

Originally posted by Harlequin
ceasefire doesn`t mean a thing to the IRA

Forget the IRA, this is just a small exercise to ramp up the fear - the British response to 7/7 was obviously too phlegmatic

LMAO at 7/7 - no one calls it that on the media over here!!

And being phlegmatic is how the world view the uk , theres a bomb , oh well , lets have a cup of tea and get on with it.

same thing during WW2 as well during the blitz.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qoelet

Do you mind? 'British' is an amalgm of many peoples... and I think stupid jokes/remarks like this are not really fitting for the time.. or for a news thread.

It's breaking news any information is good.

British IS an amalgm of meny peoples, but this isn't about being PC.
With the chaos that surrounds reports like this, I don't think we should be trying to get into the perps have a right to carry a british passport or not.

And it wasn't bad humour, the british (which I am proud to be a member!) built a whole empire on staring adverseity in the face with good humour. (Well thaht and stomping on countries that didn't want us, which may be half the trouble.)

CabalX

dh

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Also, the numbers are always 3, 7, 11 or multiples thereof? The coincidence is pretty amazing.

Yeah, coincidence. Blair just said this was to create more fear and anxiety.
Failed to state it was his own intent

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
dh, if Blair wishes at this moment in time he can pass any law he so wished using an Order in council as part of his delegated legislation.

He didn't need to make more fear, he could have done this last time.

If he wished he could have brought Martial Law about.

Please, before you go talking about the British Legal System and laws, look at the powers the PM has.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   

LMAO at 7/7 - no one calls it that on the media over here!!

And being phlegmatic is how the world view the uk , theres a bomb , oh well , lets have a cup of tea and get on with it.

same thing during WW2 as well during the blitz.

Exactly.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
well I WASNT bringing any issues about being PC/passports/immigration or anythinglike that... merely saying that there is no predication for 'british' people being strong/weak whatever (it doesnt really hold for anyone really..) , and being 'British' and a Londoner my whole life.. I didnt find the last remark very funny or pertinent. [in response to post quoting myself]

[edit on 21-7-2005 by Qoelet]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Update..

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON

Blair *thinks* they have it under control

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Sounds about right.. it'll be hours before anything vaguely consistant and accurate comes through...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join