It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: London On High Alert After New Explosions..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
None of this makes any sense.

We have pretty much no information beyond "an explosion and a smell" in the tube and something on a bus in Hackney.

From all that we have Whitehall being sealed off and the tube being put to Amber Alert.

Police Chief speaking soon, none of it adds up.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
This pretty sad and tragic to hear and read.

What disgusts me is wondering how many of those that claimed that the UK government was behind the 7/7 bombings, and the various twisted reasons given for the UK government doing such, are going to explain why these minor bombings and/or attempts have occurred. Undoubtedly, this will be blamed on Blair and the UK government. Some people really ought to rethink their rhetoric. Shameful. :shk:

The events happening today just do not fit the conspiracy playbook.
Quite sad to see this happening just 14 days after the first tragic events...quite sad.
My thoughts are with many in the UK today.

seekerof

[edit on 21-7-2005 by Seekerof]

"They" said more bombs were coming our way and here they are right on cue. How lucky we are to have police/intelligence that know this will happen but do nothing about it.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
If us Londoners gave a stupid designation to every bombing we have had in the last 25 years, well we would have lots of days marked in the calander...

From what I'm hearing from gvt sources they suspect chemical agents purely because fo the lack of large explosives.. but I think it'll probably some far right nutters... nailbombs are very Combat 18

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Whitehall is being evacuated.

Sir Ian Blaire is asking all Londoners to stay where they are.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Number 26 bus is said to be in Bethnal Green (George Galloways constituency) according to Sir Ian Blar on BBC just now

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
attacks like this kinda put it into perspective what Iraqi's have to put up with everyday. Just one of these attacks in the west draws days and weeks of media coverage while in Iraq its just business as usual like its expected. I hope that we never have such frequency of attacks that Iraq has or it may become business as usual in london too.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Whitehall being reopened now.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by uknumpty
"They" said more bombs were coming our way and here they are right on cue. How lucky we are to have police/intelligence that know this will happen but do nothing about it.

When "they" tell you that "more bombs were coming" it was given as a precautionary warning. I mean, gee, if you get hit once, its bound to happen again sooner or later, correct?

Furthermore, was the "police/intelligence" aware and reporting that they knew in advance of minutes or hours that "they" were going to strike today? Let me know...

seekerof

link   
you forget the days when the NORAID sponsored IRA were blowing up anything they could. London takes these sort of events in its stride.

TPL

link   
No trace of chemicals found.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TPL

NF as in the National Front, they became the BNP in the 80's.

If it is the BNP, which is just pure speculation at this time, it would explain the crude nature of the explosives on all four sites.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by TPL]

BNP split from the NF.

NF still exists and are very extreme

dom

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It has been confirmed that something has happened at the hospital. No further details, but the hospital has not recieved any injuries.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
No chemicals detected by police with high tech detectors. Very unlikely that its a chemical attack.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Seekerof, no one has a monopoly on the truth at the moment. Lets not stiffle anyones opinions just yet

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Number 26 bus is said to be in Bethnal Green (George Galloways constituency) according to Sir Ian Blar on BBC just now

No, it's in Hackney (West end of Hackney rd.), it's still a labour seat. Close though.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   

My thoughts are with many in the UK today

Rebekka

link   
Jack Straw, Foreign Sec., just left Downing Street with a smile on his face. COBR meeting must of classed the attack as not very serious. He's gone back to work.

[edit on 21/7/05 by subz]

link   
Blair speaking at 3/3.15 ish

[edit on 21-7-2005 by infinite]

link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
When "they" tell you that "more bombs were coming" it was given as a precautionary warning. I mean, gee, if you get hit once, its bound to happen again sooner or later, correct?

Furthermore, was the "police/intelligence" aware and reporting that they knew in advance of minutes or hours that "they" were going to strike today? Let me know...

seekerof

In my 29 years of living in London you could never rule out another attack from the IRA. To claim "hey now it's safe, no more bombs ever" is stupid. Nothing is ever certain.

But we were never told "hey the IRA is going to strike again real soon" and then watch it happen on cue.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dom
It has been confirmed that something has happened at the hospital. No further details, but the hospital has not recieved any injuries.

They're saying there is one injury, and that the man who fled the scene went into the hospital - could the injury be his? The armed police would follow him in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join