It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: London On High Alert After New Explosions..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I'm reading about the power going out in office blocks right now in the centre of London (The square mile - financial district) from people working there.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by VelvetSplash]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
People in chemical protection gear, and armed police going into a hospital i hear. I am thinking the guy that dumped the bag may be there after taking a beating.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
university college hospital being evacuated , with armed police and sniffer dogs seen entering the building

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I am seriously wondering if the BNP might have something to do with this.
Perhaps they are looking in 'trigger' an ethnic conflict.

Just not making much sense why this set of attack attempts would take place and why. Definately a warning shot being fired but not sure of the message of that warning....other than to cause panic and terror.

seekerof

[edit on 21-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

Originally posted by sanctum
The Australian P.M. is in London at the moment. And Australia is a member of the 'Coalition of the Willing'.

Sanc'.

First day of the Ashes Test series (cricket)

At the Oval England V Australia.

The Oval being one of the Tube Stations in question.

The crickets at Lords, as far as I know.
CabalX

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Plus its like 2pm over there right??

What is going on in london at 2pm..

Does work let out early?

Schools are still in session right?

So there really shouldnt be many people on the street untill at least 3:??pm right?

In London it is busy at anytime of day. Not a dig at you ThichHeaded, but it really is busy all the time.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expositor
Early reports are that these were dummy nailbombs, that is a pack made to look like a nail bomb but missing the explosives.
The explosions appear to be detonator caps that went off.

Stations on Victoria/Hammersmith and City Lines/Northern Line are closed. Shep Bush/Oval/Warren Street stations evacuated.

Armed police have entered the University College Hospital near Warren St, suspected that one of the bombers has been taken there.

This dont seem like our typical 9/11, 3/11 and 7/7 type thing, they are not messy. I dont think this has anything to do with what any of us think it is..

I think its really a few idiots or some other crack ass group trying to get reconition off of something that way already played out.

Plus they are doing a really piss poor job of getting rid of evidence. Unless they want us the belive that this group is somehow affiliated with the ones who attacked London on 7/7.

I bet 20 bucks they say these morons are related to the ones on 7/7... Anyone wanna put money in???

In London it is busy at anytime of day. Not a dig at you ThichHeaded, but it really is busy all the time.

Its aight. Some towns in the states are slow at certain time.. Like where I live, it dont get busy till say 3:30 4:00pm

[edit on 7/21/2005 by ThichHeaded]

TPL

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Does work let out early?

So there really shouldnt be many people on the street untill at least 3:??pm right?

A lot of people are still working, schools are still in session for at least another hour but there's always a lot of people on the streets of London and on the underground.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurityOfPeace
People in chemical protection gear, and armed police going into a hospital i hear. I am thinking the guy that dumped the bag may be there after taking a beating.

Just heard an eye witness account. People were chasing the guy. Seems very probable that he was caught and had the sh!t kicked out of him. I imagine alot of people will be envious of the lucky sod who caught him.

Sorry Lords not Oval.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Does work let out early?

Lunch hour, for pedestrians it's the busiest time of the day here.

Whatever it is, it doesn’t seem to be done to cause maximum fatalities.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I am seriously wondering if the BNP might have something to do with this.
Perhaps they are looking in 'trigger' an ethnic conflict.

Just not making much sense why this set of attack attempts would take place and why. Definately a warning shot being fired but not sure of the message of that warning....other than to cause panic and terror.

seekerof

Wont be the BNP.

This more link NF or WNP

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
gekko: Coincedence or planned?

7/7 happened in the morning rush hour?
7/21 happened mid-day rush hour?

Next attack in the evening rush hour?

seekerof

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The BNP are more into threre small scale one on one (Read six on one) after pub beatings.

I don't think they have the savvy to try something like this. I maybe wrong, I hope i'm not. That would be scary.

TPL

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Wont be the BNP.

This more link NF or WNP

NF as in the National Front, they became the BNP in the 80's.

If it is the BNP, which is just pure speculation at this time, it would explain the crude nature of the explosives on all four sites.

[edit on 21-7-2005 by TPL]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

7/7 happened in the morning?
7/21 happened mid-day?

Next attack in the evening?

seekerof

I think this is a completely different deal Seeker. It's a crank or perhaps a really irresponsible journalist trying to show how easy it is. It wouldn't be the first time a British tabloid pulled a stunt but this seems over the top even for them. One paper took bomb equipment into Windsor castle when the Queen was there.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

7/21 happened mid-day?

seekerof

People will be thinking of the patterns of this already, probably best to discuss it elsewhere, but after 7/7, it is possible to calculate 14/14 from todays date, but i wont go into it here. 28/28 would most likely be the next.

1 confirmed injury so far.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
I think this is a completely different deal Seeker. It's a crank or perhaps a really irresponsible journalist trying to show how easy it is. It wouldn't be the first time a British tabloid pulled a stunt but this seems over the top even for them. One paper took bomb equipment into Windsor castle when the Queen was there.

Ah well.

All this just not adding up to me yet.
I can see objective reasoning for the 7/7, but these failed attmepts have me really wondering, is all.

Thanks.

seekerof

dom

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Apparently there are reports of an unexploded bomb at Shepherds Bush. Perhaps these weren't just dummy explosive backpacks, just explosive backpacks where only the detonator went off... Would explain the shocked look on the face of the guy who's backpack went pop.

"Hey, Why ain't I dead?"

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

7/21 happened mid-day?

Interesting thought, it doesn't seem like the same MO as 7/7 though.

Most of my fellow Londoners are resigned to the "fact" that there will be more attacks...

I talked to a group of Muslim teens on my estate last night, they are at least as scared as us. In addition to worrying about getting blown up by religious A-holes they need to worry about getting beaten up or killed by racist A-holes!

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Summer holidays started for quite a lot of schools yesterday. Not all schools are in.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join