It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: London On High Alert After New Explosions..

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
so where are all the people ranting that all the security measures being taken were just to "instill fear" and "cause panic" for some sort of right-wing conspiracy?

Looks like the "fatwah" (sp?) issued by the local Sunni headman dodn't do squat.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Please tone it down a bit and don't tell people to shut up.

This is ATSNN.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet
so where are all the people ranting that all the security measures being taken were just to "instill fear" and "cause panic" for some sort of right-wing conspiracy?

Looks like the "fatwah" (sp?) issued by the local Sunni headman dodn't do squat.

You assume these are Sunni Muslims who did the attack.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Islamic faith because it is their religion that teaches them to hate, maim and kill their enemy.

I do not agree with the above, to make that kind remark is questionable at the best of times, inciting faith/race hatred at the worst.

One word CRUSADES. All I'm saying.

CabalX

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Did anyone hear what that guy said on Skynews? he said we should create our own homeland security and our own patriot act

We have our own Patriot act, The Civil Contingencies Act, if we get one more attack, the government will start introducing powers under it. Im not putting on my NWO hat, but guys, come on...the UK will end up a Nanny state with in 20 years, heck, i predict a government firewall with in 10 years.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Please tone it down a bit and don't tell people to shut up.

This is ATSNN.

Sorry, but he should.
He doesn't live in the U.K.
Doesn't know that there is an elected Muslim Council within the U.K. (Democratic) as there are in several Nations with a democratic government and a large muslim population (indonesia).

I thought people got warning for breaking the T&C?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Which is my job. This has been handled, back to the topic please.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thanks Intrepid...

Anyway, where's this press conference? I thought it was supposed to take place at 12:30...

[edit on 7/21/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Press conference on now..

Flick to your news channel now

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CabalX

LMAO at 7/7 - no one calls it that on the media over here!!

Do you read or listen to your own media?

Brit 7/7 'bomb fixer' held
By MIKE SULLIVAN
Crime Editor

A BRITISH Muslim feared to have orchestrated the London bombings which killed 56 was being held in Pakistan last night.

Pakistani intelligence sources said Haroon Rashid Aswad’s phone number was listed on the mobile phones registered to ALL FOUR 7/7 suicide attackers.

www.thesun.co.uk...

Emp is mine

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
MSNBC is reporting the police may have the bombs intact (NOT ConFirmed)

Just wondering if any over on your side of the pond has heard the same.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Some of the bombs are intact, some went off, but didnt cause too much damage because some have been reported as not being made properly.

CONFIRMED:

some haven't exploded.

This is still too weird for me and doesnt make sense

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Quotes from Met Commissioner Ian Blar
"attempts have been made too detonate explosive devices"

"London is "back to business"

May be a significant breakthrough with the investigation with new "forensic evidence"

These are criminal acts, "perpetuators will be court"

[edit on 21/7/2005 by 300k]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
im gonna have a guess that the camera on the 26 bus won't be working just like the one on the 30 bus. why do i think this? because they both come from the same bus garage

as a side note, the bbc are reporting that one of the four bombers did not visit pakistan as previously reported, but a 16 year old boy of the same name did ( news.bbc.co.uk... )

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Only part detonation of the 4 bombs - not so well-made apparently.

Another Lucky Escape!!

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Some of the bombs are intact, some went off, but didnt cause too much damage because some have been reported as not being made properly.

CONFIRMED:

some haven't exploded.

Ok Thanks I heard almost the same thing with a slight twist where they stated the explosives may have been old (unconfirmed)

It is good if they have either partial or whole bombs intact, that way they can get a bomb signature which might and I say might lead to who designed it.

Just speculating just like the news mind you.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Spin experts on MSNBC are now saying that since the two days 7/7 and today involved the very same items 3 trains and one bus that they are almost possitive this is a copy cat since the 4th bomber on 7/7 was only on the bus because of the train problem that occured. This implied to them that on 7/7 there were supposed to be 4 trains and no buses as it turned out.

Makes sense to me.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Experts: Latest London Blasts Amateurish
LONDON (AP) - The explosions that struck London subway trains and a bus Thursday appeared less sophisticated than the deadly attacks that hit the British capital two weeks ago, terrorism experts said.

I'm grateful that this incident didn't turn out to be as horrible as 7/7 for you Brits. Nevertheless it is still an unnerving time for you all to be living in.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair says the arrest of a man outside 10 Downing Street appears "entirely unconnected" to the transport system incidents.

Emergency services in protective clothing were deployed at the bus site.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Armed officers were sent to University College Hospital amid reports of a man seen with wires sticking out of his pocket.

It was reported an internal memo was sent to staff warning them to be on the lookout for a black male, possibly of Asian origin, about 6ft 2ins tall wearing a blue top with wires protruding from the back of the top.

Staff had been urged to phone 999 if they saw the man and not to approach him, it was claimed.

However, hospital leaders denied the memo was sent, saying it was a "rumour".

But just 20 minutes later, armed officers were sent back into the building.

Police said they attended an "incident" at the Bloomsbury hospital, which is near Warren Street station.

Three armed officers had been seen entering the major incident unit just minutes before a person was carried from an ambulance into the unit on a stretcher.

There were reports that someone had been seen "running away" from Warren Street station in the wake of the incident there.

However, Metropolitan Police chief Sir Ian Blair later said the incident was unconnected to the attempted explosions on London transport services.

Sky News

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join