It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Sudanese Rough Up Rice Aides and Reporters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Isn't this censorship like what goes on in other countries, like Sudan? We have a freedom of speech. Not a single person who has spoken about "Questionable" statements is a admin or mod. This "governance" is what is wrong with ATS. All because you disagree with our opinions doesn't mean that we are saying things that are irrelevant.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This thread has gone off topic for too long.
Let me educate some of you "Free Speech" crutch addicts about how things work with the first amendment, and it's really simple:

This is not a federally funded site. You are NOT entitled to say anything you want. If you are censored, too bad. You have the RIGHT to go somewhere else, start up your own little website community, and say whatever you want there. Your tax dollars are NOT being contributed to this site, and therefore quite frankly, none of us really has any rights here.
It's just that simple.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled TOPIC!

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
Anyhow, these Sudanese are Thugs and I wish America had more resources to protect the Christians from attack by the Moslims up North. The UN should hang its head in shame.

The US can certianly spare the manpower. And its not really a chrisian muslim thing. The native blacks are largely muslim who are being displaced, by an 'invasive' (well, a hundred or so years ago they showed up) arabic ruling population. There are problems between the muslims and christians too, but the bulk of the displaced people's are native black muslims. The UN should hang its head in shame, as should the EU and as should the African cooperatives, but so should the US. It would be risky and dangerous to send troops to Sudan, but people are hurting and dying, someone's gotta step in, and it ain't gonna be the UN. Also, Sudan is part of the 'greater sphere' that makes up an arabicised world, and its an extremist portion, so it segways nicely into the WOT. Not only that, but its clearly a 'humanitarian' cause, and thus would make nice propaganda for the US. But still the administration refuses to get invovled and drags it's feet, like with Liberia (where eventually marines were sent, and the fear of the marines stopped the violence rather quickly).

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaleon4
This thread has gone off topic for too long.
Let me educate some of you "Free Speech" crutch addicts about how things work with the first amendment, and it's really simple:

This is not a federally funded site. You are NOT entitled to say anything you want. If you are censored, too bad. You have the RIGHT to go somewhere else, start up your own little website community, and say whatever you want there. Your tax dollars are NOT being contributed to this site, and therefore quite frankly, none of us really has any rights here.
It's just that simple.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled TOPIC!

This thread has led to the subject of the freedom of speech for a good reason: People like you feel that because you are offended by one or two curses that you have the right to censor what we say. You are not a mod or an admin so you have no right to tell me what i cannot say. You can cry like a little girl and say that it offends you and i am sorry.

The context of my quote was that Western civilization #ed up africa. We did, just the same that western civilization #ed up the rest of the world. There is no other word that can be used to describe the devastation that has been caused because of the "need" to spread the word of god and rape the land of riches and resources.

If you cannot handle hearing a curse that is used in proper context than you can goto another place and bitch about it. I however can curse if i wish to unless told so by someone of authority, not a fellow contributor.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAConrad0825
This thread has led to the subject of the freedom of speech for a good reason: People like you feel that because you are offended by one or two curses that you have the right to censor what we say. You are not a mod or an admin so you have no right to tell me what i cannot say. You can cry like a little girl and say that it offends you and i am sorry.

He may not be but I am and I'm admonishing you to cease from posting in this manner. NOW. No further verbal warnings will be given. If you can't figure out how to post in this forum, check this out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, let's continue in a civil manner.

[edit on 23-7-2005 by intrepid]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join