It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

covert operators/ Jacque Booth UFO case/ JFK assassination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I share an unusual "left eye" issue with Jacque Booth and that's one
reason why this story intrigues me.

www.mysterious-america.net...

The Bizarre Jacque Booth UFO Case -- Avon Lake, Ohio -- 1974
Classic UFO Cases
by Brent Raynes

----

My family lived in Avon Lake, Ohio before I was born. In recent years, I put
some information together that leads me to believe my father (Harry E.
Landsberg, Jr.) was connected to military intelligence. If that's true, he had a
salesman front while living in Avon Lake, Ohio and in Bay Village, Ohio, and a
front as an apartment manager when we lived in Miami, FL.

He strongly resembles a man in a Warren Commission photo taken with
Arlen Specter and others (taking measurements to 'prove' the "single bullet
theory.")

home.earthlink.net...

My brother, Mark, was born in 1952 while the family lived in Avon Lake. He
died in 1954. It turns out the family lied about the circumstances surrounding
his death.

I posted about him to the Yahoo Groups CIA-Drugs_TheDarkSide in April of
2002, put the same info up on a web page, and got a hit from the M.D.
Anderson Cancer Center shortly therafter. (I had just been reading about
Leon Jaworski and his association with the Kennedy Assassination and the
M.D. Anderson Cancer Center when that happened.)

Please see "Mark's Death," post "Serendipity:"

home.earthlink.net...

----

Harry was off-premises a lot in his role as apartment manager.He said he
had some building projects in Homestead, FL, and that that accounted for
some of his time away.

I was discredited as being mentally ill by my family when I was a
Senior in college at the University of Miami as a Chemistry major, and
have done research over the years to try to understand why they felt
the need to do that to me. Please see:

(The Love Game)
home.earthlink.net...

(Scars and other signs of mind control)
home.earthlink.net...

Another odd possible connection I have with the Jacque Booth story
is that the article mentions a "June Madden" of Bay Village, Ohio, as
also having been a witness to a UFO.

My parents, Donna and Harry Landsberg, were friends with Arthur and
"Jen Madden" of Bay Village, Ohio.

Please see: "Landsbergs and Maddens:"

home.earthlink.net...

"Landsbergs and Maddens -- Mirror:"
www.angelfire.com...

----

Laura (Landsberg) Hanning

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
"Fleming O. Landsberg" mentioned below might also be Harry. Harry mother's maiden name was Feller; her stepfather's last name was Fleming. Our family moved from Bay Village, Ohio to Miami, FL in 1970.

Laura (Landsberg) Hanning
----

Miami Herald, The (FL)
December 21, 1986 Section: FRONT Edition: FINAL Page: 33A

Memo:THE IRAN-CONTRA CONNECTION
MIAMI MAN'S SHIP SAILS INTO INTERNATIONAL INTRIGUE
KEN FIREMAN
Herald Washington Bureau

She was called the Cargo Trader, and she wasn't the fastest ship in anyone's fleet. A 227-foot cargo ship designed for hauling munitions and other dangerous material, she was chartered by two Danish businessmen earlier this year from her Miami owners to haul loads between various Asian and European ports.

Today, the vessel sits in dry dock in Pusan, South Korea, under a new name -- the O.K. Rita Ann -- after a bizarre four- month odyssey through a twilight world of international arms trafficking, Asian politics and U.S. law enforcement.

The Danish businessmen who chartered her, Jorgen S. Steenberg and Fleming O. Landsberg, are back in their native country, fugitives from American justice after being indicted on wire fraud charges by a federal grand jury in Miami in a scheme to run arms to Iran.

The vessel's principal owner, Harford Weld of Miami, is in Korea trying to get his ship back and square what he says is a series of bad debts left behind by the Danes.

And while federal authorities and the ship's owners say there is no evidence to connect the Danish businessmen to the U.S. government's secret arms deals with Iran, they are still trying to figure out exactly what they were up to.

"Like anything international, everybody's trying to make a buck," said Les Piper, one of the ship's owners. "Who knows where the connections are?"

Chartered last summer

According to Piper, Steenberg and Landsberg chartered the Cargo Trader last summer to haul munitions from Asia to various ports in Europe.

Everything was fine until around Labor Day, Piper said, when Weld began to receive unpaid bills for repairs, fuel and other supplies from shipyards in the Pacific. Steenberg and Landsberg were supposed to have paid the bills.

Weld began checking, Piper said, and discovered several irregularities in the records of the ship's cargoes. He also discovered that the Danes had sub-chartered the ship to another firm, which had contracted to pick up a load of 100,000 propellant charges for M-181 mortar shells in Pusan, Piper said.

The charges clip onto the tail assembly of a mortar shell and extend its firing range, according to federal authorities, who valued the shipment at about $1.2 million.

According to the bill of lading, the mortar charges were destined for Spain. But Piper said Weld discovered that their actual destination was the port of Bandar Abbas, Iran, and that the vessel's captain, Franklin Robertson, was to be ordered to divert there.

Piper says he and Weld agonized over the matter, then decided to notify the U.S. State Department. They repeated their story a few days later to an agent of the U.S. Customs Service. "The next day we had customs agents down here like ants on an anthill," Piper said.

On Oct. 9 a federal grand jury in Miami indicted Steenberg, Landsberg and their Miami-based company, U.S. Ordnance, on wire fraud charges. The indictment alleges that they conspired to ship the mortar propellants to Iran for a $45,000 fee and to conceal the cargo's actual destination from the ship's owners.

Extradition barrier

By the time of the indictment, Steenberg and Landsberg had returned to their native Denmark, where they remain today. The extradition treaty between the United States and Denmark does not allow for the extradition of Danish citizens back to this country, according to Thomas FitzGerald, the assistant U.S. attorney handling the case.

Steenberg and Landsberg could not be reached for comment. But one person recently in contact with them said:

"They feel very strongly that they violated absolutely no laws and didn't defraud anybody of anything. There's quite a dispute between them and the guys who owned the ship. But they feel pretty confident that they had the right to charter the ship and send it where they wanted." By the time of the indictment, the Cargo Trader had reached Thailand with its cargo of mortar propellants. Weld told Capt. Robertson to turn around and head for port in the Philippines, where U.S. officials could inspect the cargo, Piper said.

But when the vessel arrived in the Philippines, local authorities there impounded it because they feared the arms would fall into the hands of left-wing guerrillas in that country, Piper said. The ship became a pawn in the power struggle between Philippines President Corazon Aquino and Defense Minister Juan Ponce Enrile, Piper said.

Finally, the power struggle was resolved in Aquino's favor, the Philippines authorities said they were satisfied, and the vessel was allowed to leave for a return journey to Korea. But en route, Piper said, it got caught in the backwash of a typhoon and was forced to put into port in Taiwan for repairs.

Finally, last Saturday, more than four months after it left Pusan, the vessel limped back into that port and its controversial cargo of mortar propellants was unloaded, according to State Department officials.

By that time, it had acquired a new appellation -- the O.K. Rita Ann, derived from the first name of Weld's wife. Piper said the ship was renamed at the suggestion of federal authoritiesbecause the Danish businessmen had run up so many bad debts in so many Pacific ports that it would have been impossible to operate it under its old name.

Copyright (c) 1986 The Miami Herald

In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, some of this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

[edit on 7/21/2005 by Laura Landsberg Hanning]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
[edit on 7/21/2005 by Laura Landsberg Hanning]

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that my legal mother claimed to have worked as secretary to the Undersecretary of the Navy in the early-mid 1940's.

She would have worked for either Ralph Bard or James Forrestal. My guess is Forrestal.

Please see: “The Death of James Forrestal” by Richard Dolan for more info:

keyholepublishing.com...

----

Photo/document url list for “Landsbergs and Maddens – Mirror:”

www.angelfire.com...

home.earthlink.net...

www.angelfire.com...

www.angelfire.com...

www.angelfire.com...

www.angelfire.com...

www.angelfire.com...

www.angelfire.com...