It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC's new show "Invasion"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I dont really watch much television except when with my wife. I saw a comercial for a new series called Invasion, in one line of the spot it said something like " Television is just a diversion so we dont figure out what is really going on"

Anyone seen this comercial and what do you think?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
shows about aliens are cool but if they focus around invasion type deals that just mind bogglelingly silly , its fun to fantasize about how some dude with a handgun, some rope and an axe is going to defend the earth, but its not gonna happen.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well, there's obviously a lot of crap on T.V. and people follow it far too intently, but I don't think we're at the point where we're being distracted. Possibly misled, but to direct attention away from something as big as possibly being implied is much harder. I have enough faith that enough people are awake enough to catch what goes on and stick with it, even if it's just the 40,000 or so here.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
I dont really watch much television except when with my wife. I saw a comercial for a new series called Invasion, in one line of the spot it said something like " Television is just a diversion so we dont figure out what is really going on"

This is in agreement with scripture. Not just TV, but anything and everything that draws your attention away from God and living a godly life.
Distract the frog while you turn up the heat

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The way of evil is through diversion, this is what has always lead man down the wrong road and into the hands of our controllers.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yeah

When yet another devastating hurricane threatens Florida, temporarily cutting off a small town at the edge of the Everglades, U.S. Park Ranger Russell Varon takes heroic measures to keep both the town's citizens and his family safe. In the middle of the violent storm, his young daughter is the only one to see small lights floating towards the water, seemingly unaffected by the vicious winds. At the time he thinks nothing of her claim, but begins to suspect that something may indeed be amiss when his missing ex-wife is found naked, with no memory of what happened during the storm.

As the tiny town struggles to recover while his nemesis, the Sheriff, quarantines the entire area, Varon begins to investigate the strange goings on, unwittingly beginning a fight for the survival of the human race.

abc.go.com...
Watch the pilot here www.invasion-tv.com...
Looks like a winner but nothing could compare to Lost.

[edit on 23-7-2005 by Vegemite]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Diversions or Things to come? Even the Bible prophesies of events in the heavens..heavens meaning from above. Perhaps we are being conditioned to the worst case scenarios so that when the real event does happen we all dont freak. A sort of desensitization?

They were playing tv shows and movies about going to the moon and mars long before we actually did it and low and behold,,,it came to past

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

This is in agreement with scripture. Not just TV, but anything and everything that draws your attention away from God and living a godly life.
Distract the frog while you turn up the heat

what?

living a godly life?

oh you mean when we refine nanotech and start designing artificial self growing macro systems

oh ok then, i understand.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Looks like a winner but nothing could compare to Lost.

Lost is an edgier remake of Gilligans Island. Think about it, you have the really beautiful girl who thinks she's all that, the also beautiful girl thats a bit smarter. Then you have the professor played by Lock, The skipper who is Jack and finally Gilligan who is the heroin addictedd rock star.

Don't get me wrong here, I like watching Lost as much as the next person. I don't watch much TV either but I do enjoy that show.

I just wish hollywood had more creativity these days.

Wupy

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
NBC and CBS also have news shows this fall with a similar theme (Surface and Threshold). Maybe this is just a reaction to the success of Lost and The 4400, but perhaps the government is trying to prepare the masses for alien contact / invasion. I think this is a sign of things to come.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student
Diversions or Things to come? Even the Bible prophesies of events in the heavens..heavens meaning from above. Perhaps we are being conditioned to the worst case scenarios so that when the real event does happen we all dont freak. A sort of desensitization?

They were playing tv shows and movies about going to the moon and mars long before we actually did it and low and behold,,,it came to past

i completely agree with you. with movies depicting the various end of days scenarios i seriously believe it's to condition people. when a mass attack/natural disaster occurs it's not as crazy as it would seem once you've seen it before repeatedly.

join