Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Net anonymity service back-doored

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 22 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The popular Java Anonymous Proxy (JAP), used to anonymise one's comings and goings across the Internet, has been back-doored by court order. The service is currently logging access attempts to a particular, and unnamed, Web site and reporting the IP addys of those who attempt to contact it to the German police.

theregister.co.uk...

Wow and wow! What's it take to gt some privacy these days?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Thats F***ed up.

I stopped believing in complete privacy a long time ago. There are always someone watching you... especially when you are using a computer. Only place I feel alone is in the woods... still I start looking around for flying spie droids disguised as dead leaves or birds

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:38 AM
link   
That is fu*ked up!!!
Proxies should not be compromised for any reason. This makes me wonder if there is any such thing as an anon proxy?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
There have been a number of anonymized proxy severs
which have had agreement with gov agencies.

I know of (2) that i can remember.

So much for the privacy policy.

When you think about it, where would the gov look for illegal internet traffic (anonymizers).
As the people involved are trying to cover there tracks and identities.

I personally beleive that the gov has set up free anonymizer servers to monitor logs.

If it's free and very fast and you don't have limited options applied to your surfing, and there is not a lot of advertising on a banner,

It smells fishy.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
How do you go about setting up an anon proxy? I'm willing to set one up for ATS member's. I have DSL, but don't expect 100% uptime either. I do try to stay online unless I have to restart my computer ... which isn't that often. Maybe once a week at most.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Heh, what do you expect?
That your details are REALLY anonymous?
Not any more they arn't

Welcome to the post 9/11 world guys

new topics

top topics

join