It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: what kind of forum would you like to see be created on ATS???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
I would love to see a fourm on

"Philosophy"

that would blow my mind like a Funky Tit ball

I could be wrong but I believe that , that forum is in the Ignorance Denied board. Check it out though

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
I also feel that the Science and Technology forum is a little broad and should maybe be broken up. Another idea that I have though of is maybe sub categories? Like for example

Science and Technology
-Mathmatics
-Space
-Biology & Chemisty
-Earth Science

Too fragmented IMHO. It should just be split into a Science Category and a Technology Category. Very simple distinction between the two imo. A new cutting edge possible paradigm shifting technology would go in ...Technology. A new Theory competing with Relativity gets published in a Physics Journel get's put in... the Science Category. Maybe even another one dedicated to Nanotechnology, it is only going to get bigger and bigger might as well stay ahead of the curve.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Too fragmented IMHO. It should just be split into a Science Category and a Technology Category

Yea I looked over my post the moment I entered it and was like, dang that just seems to seperated. But I was too lazy to edit
but I agree with what you said that Science and Technology are two very disticnt catagories. I think maybe since was orginally like a conspiracy thing they weren't expecting too many things on these subject matters, but I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think that MIB deserve some shine form the spotlight. That and black helicopters one of the two im more leaned towards MIB my self...but thats just me.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
sports conspiracies

c'mon,

the patriots and the eagles in the superbowl

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
One of the La Rouche movement

ttp://www.larouchepub.com/

www.larouchepac.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I would like to see a forum called: Wankers Pulling Your Winky

It wouldn't be for the hoaxers, pranksters, and tellers of tall tales that seem to appear here, rather it would about them.

It would be a place where we could check in and see who's hot and who's not, or who is passable and who is wayyyyyyyyyy off the mark so to speak.

Likely it would turn into a place where we could conspire against those who pop in trying to pull a fast one by comparing notes and do some rational thinking to derail the liars....errrrr......uh, those in error before they ran off 20 pages in 5 days telling us little more than 47 abbreviated tales with 55 versions in ten different locales all starting with "One night, when we were drunk......."

Yep! What I want to see: Wankers Pulling Your Winky

Just a further thought...we could open a category Wank of the Month for those people who can keep a thread going at least a month without offering additional info, evidence, or credibility!

You know what I mean don't you?

[edit on 30-8-2005 by garyo1954]

[edit on 30-8-2005 by garyo1954]

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
create a sub forum for masonry under the SS forum. there are too many topics on that.

the sports conspiracy forum is good, like when it was the raiders and the buccaneers in 2003. or kurt busch winning the nascar 2004.

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
thank you for your suggestions...

hopefully, we will see some new forums soon...

posted on Aug, 30 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
A forum that I would love to see, and there is room for a subforum of this sort under almost every major category on ATS, PTS, and BTS:

History.

The motto of this site is "Deny Ignorance." The best way to deny ignorance is to look at the ignorance and denials thereof in the past. Only from learning the past, can we avoid the same mistakes in the present and the future. Many of the posts in many of the forums delve into the past regarding certain issues. By centralizing history into a seperate forum, or even just a subforum under most of the current headings, we could provide a place where the history of an issue could be studied.

For instance, in the UFO forums, much is posted regarding the Meier photos and Roswell, both historical events (and under much debate as to the truths surrounding them). In the various war and political forums, many backward glances have been cast as to the history of political tensions that cause wars, history of political parties, historically based comparisions between Vietnam and Iraq, and much looking into the history behind WWII. In the science and technology forums, a history subcategory would provide a wonderful reference for understanding the existing technologies and how they came to be, in order to further understand the sciences and technologies that are coming into existence.

As of now, all we really have that's historically based is the creationism vs. evolution forum, and that's really such a narrow aspect of history, most historical threads wouldn't fit there.

I would love to see history subcategories for this reason. Many of us look to the past to find answers for the present and the future. This would be a great asset to the board as well as the members, and could very well help to educate us all on the present and the future.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Propaganda - somewhere, where we can talk about the uses, problems, attempts by Governments, etc, in relation to Propaganda.

Just an idea.

I will back you up on propoganda, I would like to see this in the PTS board. I have mixed thoughts on propoganda and how it affects the world society.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I've already submitted this to staff but I might as well post it here.

We need a Futurism forum in the blue section of ATS.

Here is a short list(in no particular order) of the topics such a forum would cover.

1. Molecular Manufacturing
2. Cybernetics
3. Genetics
4. Human-directed Evolution
5. AI/Human Superintelligence
6. Extreme Longevity

These topics are getting more and more popular on ATS as of late due recent Breakthroughs in each of these topics.

Also the Science and Technology forum should be split up into a Science forum and a Technology forum, this should reduce clutter significantly.

Here are some sample topics.

Futurism
Coming soon Immortality

Science
IBM Slows Light
12 Things Science Can't Explain

Technology
Nanotech Breakthrough of the Decade

[edit on 17-11-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
In my thread where I displayed what I wanted to see for the future of PTS, I listed a bunch. Here is the link.

I actually forgot about the ones I mentioned on this thread earlier, however I still think Propaganda is something which should be placed on this forum for us all to see.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
Id like to see a forum set up in BTS for:

Investing

Whether this forum would be ATS or BTS is besides the point, I like the idea that Event Horizon is pointing towards. How about a forum that has to do with business. That is, a forum to discuss business activities whether it is to report and discuss business frauds and criminal activities such as Enron or Conrad Blacks' Hollinger group, etc. Another area that could be quite rich for conspiratorists would be in the area of reporting, analyzing and discussing business dealings, movements and trends and the way that they could affect national security, free trade , etc.

Naturally, this would have to be discussed and worked on to prevent ATS or BTS from becoming a stock market investment site -- there are enough of those already. Nevertheless, since money is at the heart of many conspiracies, a forum to "follow the money" trail might be very interesting.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I would like to see a forum where members could hone their spelling and writing styles so other members wouldn't have to endure dis, dat, u and other shortype that is so hard to read.

Some of the ideas expressed are valid but...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I would like to see a forum where members could hone their spelling and writing styles so other members wouldn't have to endure dis, dat, u and other shortype that is so hard to read.

Some of the ideas expressed are valid but...

Your answer to this would be to probably contacting nikelbee and stopping by the "Writers Workshop" This should help you get on the right track

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
now that the ATS council elections are over, please u2u the respected council member about the forums you want to see be born...

also, take a look at this thread and post what you want to see here in the ATS universe...

thanks...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It is hard to believe that there is not a forum for every conceivable topic already. We even have the residual category of Webstie-Related Discussion.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It is hard to believe that there is not a forum for every conceivable topic already. We even have the residual category of Webstie-Related Discussion.

true...

and, by the way, i am not "complaining" ( as some people think
)...

but, like the example of the tech talk forum, it would be a great addition to the ATS universe...

and, there is no spot for a tech talk thread here in the ATS universe now...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
"Safe place to post any ATS Subject"
Limit this just to what poster post, but no skeptics or flaming allowed..

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join