It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: what kind of forum would you like to see be created on ATS???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
A forum dealing with the philosophy surrounding skepticism, conspiracy theory, and epistemology. There is no place on this board to deal with abstract concepts such as these, and I feel that these help to give direction to one's thoughts, and methods in which to communicate one's thoughts. I feel this is really important in the quest for "denying ignorance" because underlying every single thread here are axioms of knowledge and concepts regarding how to perceive truth. A lot of posters are give me the impression of chickens running around with their heads cut off, and have no outlet to discuss the underlying currents of truth and order inherent in all posts.

Fundamental to denying ignorance is exercising and discussing methods of logic.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
thanks for your ideas ATSers...

let's hope the "higher ups" see your ideas...

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I would like to see a seperation of mind control from paranormal...............topics that across the board discuss anything from conspiratorial slants on marketing campaigns(cigarette marketers could teach us ALOT on commercial techniques) to hypnosis, variant trance inductions for commercial purpose.....I mean, the word 'entrance' which is posted on the front of 95% of our commercial establishments is a fun misnomer to begin with!!!!!

I have restrained from these subject matters mostly because of the paranormal association......though I found quality discussion in that forum, I wouldn't hope for serious debate and exposure.....just a thought.

Originally posted by SkepticOverLord
One of the forums we're considering adding is "Conspiracies in History Revisionism". A look at efforts from groups to modify the perceptions or actual recorded history associated with events or era for political gain.

I could live in a forum like that.........

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Maybe we could have a forum on Symbology and another on Criminal Psycology , those two subjects interest me much, and possibly many others.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
IMO, since I have had an extraordinary healing since joining this site, may I suggest?

Healings-miracles/otherwise.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There are computer geeks here on ATS/BTS like myself, and I was wondering to call a proposal to open up a "various computer-related discussion" forum under the "Computers & Internet" category on BTS.

While "Computer Help" is a very important forum for those who are not too good with computers, it would be nice to have a place like "General Chit-Chat", but for us computer-types.

Suggested names for the forum can be "Computer Chatter" or "Tech Talk". I'm sure SO would be good at finding a nice, applicable icon for the forum. I've been thinking of asking this for a while, and never really had any ambition until I saw the 9/11 & 7/7 forum created due to this thread.

I decided to throw caution to the wind and ask... it would give us tech-types a nice place to talk jibber-jabber with others like us... rather than polluting the Computer Help forum with various computer talk.

ANYONE WITH ME? VOTE NOW!

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I also agree with a general computer talk forum thats not just a help forum. We have forums to discuss most other topics, but not computers (or technology in general), when they play a major role in our lives. Well, if it werent for computers we couldnt be reading this post right now, and this board wouldnt even be here.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'd third that proposal.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i will 4th that

i am glad i made this thread after all...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I would like to see a seperation of mind control from paranormal

Mind Control belongs in politics.

Mind Control is real. It is not a conspiracy. It is political.

For that matter, Political Conspiracies should fall under PTS. It's POLITICAL.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
my suggestion for a new forum would be a forum where members could post their likes / dis-likes and any suggestions or new ideas they would like to post that could help ATS / BTS / PTS in any way...

i suggestion a new forum for this because when i post new ideas in the "board questions" forum, i get screamed at

some members think that posting new ideas in that forum is a waste of time...

so, a new forum should be looked at

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i will 4th that

i am glad i made this thread after all...

DANG! I FIFTH that!

Skeptic Overlord? Tech talk needs a home.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

my suggestion for a new forum would be a forum where members could post their likes / dis-likes and any suggestions or new ideas they would like to post that could help ATS / BTS / PTS in any way...

Right now that's BTS.

I agree though, there should be a specific place for PTS members to air out their gripes. PTS specific, that is. That would nice for me - and my council staff.
vV
Right now, if you folks have gripes send them my way (by u2u) or to The Vagabond or Kidfinger. We're here to mediate that.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

let me say that again:

[color=0000FF] Tech talk needs a home

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

let me say that again:

One more time!

I don't know jack about that stuff other than it's important. If it would be useful to ATS and its members, its something we should really think about... if we want to be a force on the net.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Right now that's BTS.

i must address this...

where in BTS???

chit chat???

my reasoning for a new forum on ATS / BTS / PTS (like, right under the "board questions" forum) and not in "chit chat" or whatever only in BTS is because, obviously, BTS does not get that much attention as ATS...

just look:

it is BTS 2.0 and ATS 4.0 and very soon to be 5.0...

this is my reasoning...

i also must say:

don't forget BTS!!!

it needs to have some more updates (like a 3.0 version) and the sort...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I don't know jack about that stuff other than it's important. If it would be useful to ATS and its members, its something we should really think about... if we want to be a force on the net.

i love computer talk and talking only about problems and questions about the computer doesn't cut it anymore

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

let me say that again:

As Britney Spears one said...

HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME!

I'm glad people are warming up to this idea. I hope it goes through as it would be a nice and useful place for everyone (comp-knowledgeable or not) to talk computer stuff. I mean, all of those "Post your computer specs!!!"-type threads need their own forum... Computer Help is certainly not the place.

Let's organize things a little bit more with this "Computer Chatter" or "Tech Talk" forum... plus, if this goes through quickly, we can go on to the next deserving forum idea!

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i call for a new word from our Skeptic about the recent suggestions...

let us see if he likes the idea and would like to get "the ball rolling" on these new ideas...

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I just thought of something regarding this subject I know nothing about.. people need customized help. A forum (or whatever on this) would be totally helpful to each individual member. They could zero in on someone quickly who could help their specific need.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join