It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: what kind of forum would you like to see be created on ATS???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
A 9-11 forum.

Done.

If you have a new forum idea, notify your respective ATS Councilor. If you don't know who's who, try this thread.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I agree with an above poster--an investing thread in BTS would be great. The two suggestions I have are primarily just more focused versions of forums that already exist on BTS, but I'll throw them out there anyways.

A BTS Computer Programming forum might be decent--a place for all of us coders to get together and help each other out or share ideas. I know there are quite a few of us on here, and it would also give SO a more centralized area to ask for assistance whenever it's needed. I know there's the Computer Help and Website Design forums, but actual coding doesn't quite fit in with those too much.

There hasn't been too much call for it--actually none that I've seen other than myself--but I personally would also like to see a musicians forum, as opposed to just the Music forum. Even if it's just a sub-forum, something a little more explicitly directed at those members who are in a band, do home recording, just learning how to play, whatever.

I can't necessarily speak for anyone else, but I know if we had those two types of forums--working even somewhat decently--I'd spend even more of my surfing time on here. In fact, generally speaking the only other websites I visit are for coding or music tips.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
thank you for your ideas ATSers

i like the alternation of history one and the 9-11 one and the poll one

yes, these should be well talked about...

keep on posting new ones

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
especially after the London bombing incidents, I was clued in to the
existence of photo blogs.

anyone whose a member can upload the cameraphone images
they shoot, capturing events as they happen by the eyewitnesses

here's a link to one of em: moblog.co.uk...

not as a model to clone, but as a structure to improve upon....
eh?

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wooties mcwootum!! (cheers to Lys for that one
)

The new 9-11 & 7/7 Conspiracies forum is now OPEN.

Cheers to all the admin, staff, and councilors. Good job folks!

Shameless plug for the Truth of 9-11 Poll ==>

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hello my friends,

I remember asking about this some time ago, but here i go again. I would definitively love a "spirituality/consciousness" forum on ATS. There is a kind of spirituality forum but it is on BTS and is more about religions and faith, which is really different from spirituality and consciousness.

As a perfect example, the recent thread about "star children" was put in "paranormal", but it was apparently classified off topic by a moderator. The problem is that it was put there because there were no forum that really fits it, and moving this thread on BTS would be absurd.

That's why i think ATS cruelly misses this "spirituality/consciousness" forum. If other people agree please reply.

EDIT : U2Uing X councilor Hellmutt.

[edit on 21/7/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

eh?

we had one of those forums...

i wonder where it went

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What about a pop-culture conspiracy forum?

Sports and Steroids
Kurt Cobain's Suicide/Murder
OJ/MJ and the purchase of justice
Rappers shot by?????
Etc. Etc. Etc.

Actually I guess all that is probably BTS stuff anyway.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

eh?

it was in BTS all along...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

it is a forum though, not a blog...

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
How about a Law and Constitutional rights forum. Thomas Crowne would be there all the time.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I wish to suggest a Documentory Forum. To bring discussion about particular research facts regarding Documentorys on all kinds of subjects, as seen on A&E, Discovery, History..etc..

Dallas

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I have asked Skeptic Overlord and council members, on behalf of PTS, to give us a poll forum at PTS. Polls are an integral part of politics, whether you like them or not. Here's part of what I said:

Right now, GradyPhilpott has an excellent Poll thread:

Vote for the Greatest American of All Time!
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

It has one of the largest viewerships on the board.

On behalf of PTS, I officially request a forum for polls. Rules to be established at inception (if possible).

I am waiting to hear back on this.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
Hello my friends,

I remember asking about this some time ago, but here i go again. I would definitively love a "spirituality/consciousness" forum on ATS. There is a kind of spirituality forum but it is on BTS and is more about religions and faith, which is really different from spirituality and consciousness.

As a perfect example, the recent thread about "star children" was put in "paranormal", but it was apparently classified off topic by a moderator. The problem is that it was put there because there were no forum that really fits it, and moving this thread on BTS would be absurd.

That's why i think ATS cruelly misses this "spirituality/consciousness" forum. If other people agree please reply.

EDIT : U2Uing X councilor Hellmutt.

[edit on 21/7/2005 by Musclor]

You have voted Musclor for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I visit this site for information on a wide variety of subjects, and that's fine for now. However I spend more time at another board because of it's subject matter.

I'm talking about the threat of H5N1 influenza. I know I have posted on many other forums discussing this menace, but because it does not have one forum dedicated to this subject, I find it hard to get or post relevant information in some kind of logical manner....therefore I suggest a fourm about the emerging pandemic where others might go to find the lastest news releases and threads about the virus itself. There should be another area within this forum to educate people on how to prepare and survive the pandemic, including alternate forms of natural antivirals, face mask types etc....

This need not be a permanet forum, only until the threat abates.

[edit on 23-7-2005 by gman55]

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
That's a good idea.
Thanks for bringing that up.

Right now it would probly fall under medical issues. But this is kind of a whole separate thing. And it is greatly discussed at other sites.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I agree.."it is a whole another thing". Maybe the most important "Thing" on this website in fact.

BTW have you noticed how a lot of people are unaware of the "bird flu", and some others that do know just don't care? You know sooner or later the MSM will finally give this event the attention it deserves....problem is it will be to late....sigh.

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gman55
I agree.."it is a whole another thing". Maybe the most important "Thing" on this website in fact.

The polls in PTS would be a solid snapshot of the mood of an electorate. I'd say that would be a reason to view and contribute to PTS.

BTW have you noticed how a lot of people are unaware of the "bird flu", and some others that do know just don't care? You know sooner or later the MSM will finally give this event the attention it deserves....problem is it will be to late....sigh.

I imagine that's because its not a sexy subject. Notice how the conspiracy forums on ATS get the most viewers.

People should be assured though, one of these days, there will be some kind of biological attack on the USA - or somewhere within. It's inevitable.

So this subject - like peak oil - is VERY relevant.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
how about changing the forum titled "creationism vs evolution" to religion vs science ?

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Cultivate Your Ideas Forum

A forum where one could post ideas concerning anything (personal projects, ATS improvement, ect....) The idea is to have a forum where you can take your ideas and have them laid out, then have people add to them, offer suggestions, feedback and compliments. So basically its a think tank forum..... (that's what they are aren't they?)

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Davood
how about changing the forum titled "creationism vs evolution" to religion vs science ?

Because not all Science goes against Religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join