It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: what kind of forum would you like to see be created on ATS???

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think another WOT for events related to 9/11 and WOT would be great. A general history or possible historical conspiracies fourm would be okay. We could use the old WOT for the opinions on it specificly. I think we should have a political TV talk show fourm to debate about Bill O' Reiley, Gleen Bleck, etc. comments on tv during the week and the issues related to them.

That's just what I think would work the best, and that's the only idea I can come up with. Good luck MODs.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaforever
That's just what I think would work the best, and that's the only idea I can come up with. Good luck MODs.

thanks for the suggestions

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Car forum is my number one.
Survival forum is my number two
and alternative energy is number three
you can go to www.abovetopsecret.com...' to vote for the survival forum. and www.abovetopsecret.com...' for the automative forum. next is the alternative energy forum. If any body knows of voting for an alternative forum please post the URL here so I can go vote.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
OK this is from a thread I started before I realised this thread was here so it's a bit long:

War Scenario Forum

A lot of threads started on ATS/BTS are on the subject, or turn into the subject of war scenarios e.g. "Who would win in a war between USA and [insert nation here]"

Now I enjoy reading and commenting on these threads, but they seem to be strewn around different forums randomly. For example a thread entitled - "US vs. Russia us russia supreme power" which is currently residing in the "War on Terrorism" forum(?), or the "It has happened, what are you going to do now ?" thread which was in the Military/security issues forum.

Unfortunately the latter thread didn't go very far because it was heckled by unimaginative posters saying things along the lines of 'What's the point, this isn't going to happen', even though it had been stated that it was just a scenario.

That aside, judging by how well some of the war scenario discussions can bloom, I think that they deserve their own forum;
1. So that people know where to go to find them
2. So that we don't have random 'who would win' threads all over the place
3. So that people can start 'scenario' discussions without being put down by people with no imaginations

What do you think, is this a good idea?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I love doing the polls and I think people voting on their views is very democratic without it causing offence to anybody else.

I like the idea of a poll forum then you can state what made you vote a certain way and see why others voted the way they did.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
For all instances of new forum requests or suggestions, it would be very helpful to provide some links to existing threads that would fit into the forum you're suggesting.

In the past, nearly all new forums created on ATS, BTS, and PTS have been because of an increasing demand for a dedicated topical forum because of the number of threads that don't fit into the existing forums.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
For all instances of new forum requests or suggestions, it would be very helpful to provide some links to existing threads that would fit into the forum you're suggesting.

In the past, nearly all new forums created on ATS, BTS, and PTS have been because of an increasing demand for a dedicated topical forum because of the number of threads that don't fit into the existing forums.

great idea

this is the new "standard" now

if ATSers wish to say what forums they would like to see be created, please post some links to threads that would fit into that forum...

i will be glad to work on a technology talk (in BTS) forum by posting links to threads that would fit in there...

unfortunately, i am busy with college

i will work on it during my spare time though

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Although I fear it would take a great deal of admin/moderation, what I think would be a real benefit would be some form of a wiki reference library where links to data sources and reports could be posted.

I mean, the time I spend hunting google for the sites I found 2 years ago and have lost again since...

(Go on, someone tell me it already exists and I just haven't found it yet)

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
the "computer help" forum in BTS is described as:

Post your computer problems and and get help from our experienced members.

the "science & technology" forum in ATS is described as:

Cutting edge science and future technology.

i see a problem here: where is there a place to discuss technology (computers, electronics, etc.) in general???

this is why i like the idea of a technology talk forum...

here are some threads that might fit in this forum:

Apple iPods: Virus Equipped, Standard...

Keep your hard drive safe at home!...

Strange sound picked by camera...

R2-D2: Move Over! PC-BOT is shipping!...

i53o nextel...

YouToob (or something)...

Music Download Help...

Is the Windows Vista a big deal?...

ATI"S New Monster Videocard!!!!!...

Dell recalls laptop batteries......

Home CCTV camera system...

Are "Dust Monsters" eating your computer?...

how can I track a stolen/lost cell phone?...

Making Ringtones...

MySpace Faces Security Problems...

Mobile Video...

Download Windows Vista NOW!!!!...

please note that these are all from the "computer help" forum in BTS (these are just from the first three pages!!!)...

here are some more:

iPods...

Result s 1 - 10 of about 78 from www.belowtopsecret.com for ipods...

Trying to get custom ringtones on my RAZR...

cell phones...

Results 1 - 10 of about 50 from www.belowtopsecret.com for ringtones...

this is a very brief, not-so-in-depth search for threads that may fit into the "technology talk" forum...

if any other ATSers wants to continue to search for threads that may fit into this forum, it would be greatly appreciated...

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
Although I fear it would take a great deal of admin/moderation, what I think would be a real benefit would be some form of a wiki reference library where links to data sources and reports could be posted.

I mean, the time I spend hunting google for the sites I found 2 years ago and have lost again since...

(Go on, someone tell me it already exists and I just haven't found it yet)

Yup, it's here.

Just kidding man.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The Automotive Forum is a number one priority first of all. Just to get that off of my chest. Now I may or may not get shot for saying this, but here it goes anyway. I was wondering about getting a Rail Forum myself but that seems a little awkward for a site like this.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Ok here are some links to war/conflict theoretical scenario threads that could all be put in to one forum:

It has happened, what are you going to do now? (This had potential, but was annoying because people were heckling the idea of a scenario)

The world after WW3

Russia with help of China, N.Korea and uhh..

In case of a nuclear war, and you survive (This is in military/security issues)

U.S. vs Russia? (Quite a basic 'who would win' question, but US v Russia is always a good one, just hit 7 pages. Shouldn't be in the 'WoT' forum though.)

What will happen if NK test another nuke?

What if the USS Enterprise sinks, and US blames Iran?

Granted, some of them are also to do with WoT, Military, etc. but some of them aren't and they are all hypothetical.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I do wonder what this will take to get it started. I will post a poll and see how many people want a 'rail forum' on here. When it comes to something like the railroads, I can be very informative. You'd Be surprised at how much I know about the railroads of the United States and Canada. Everything from reporting marks of various rail lines to locomotive models.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
there's gotta be some other ATSers that support a technology talk forum

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
we have seen some new forums popping up ever since this thread was created:

- ATSer-centered "conspiracy master" forums...

- "survival techniques" forum...

- "h5n1 avian flu" forum...

- "automotive topics" forum...

- "breaking general news" forum...

- "breaking political news" forum...

did i forget anything or put something on the above list that existed before this thread???

i believe that these new forums that have been created recently are proofs that, if we all come to a consensus about what forums we really want, we can see these new forums being born...

only the future will tell though...

let your voice be heard

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think that there's a great need for an 'UFO Experiencer/Contactee/Abductee' forum. I've been an active participanting member of ATS for a good 7 to 8 months now and I can't begin to count the numbers of times I've seen anti-contactee/abductee trolls come out of the woodwork and spring into action every time a UFO/ET experiencer/contactee starts up a thread in the UFO and Alien forum to talk about their experiences.

I believe that a number of these 'trolls', are militant Christian Fundamentalist activists who seek to disrupt Contactee threads because they strongly believe that the beings and experiences described by contactees are of Satan. They are hiding/operating under the guise that they are hard-core or God forbid, 'fair' skeptics specifically in regards to the Contactee/Abduction phenomenon but in actuality, they are religious fanatics which an agenda that includes disrupting any discussions having to do with the abduction phenomenon including those discussions on UFO/Alien paranormal related topics.

Because such trolls are ATTENTION SEEKERS, it's my belief that if another separate forum was set up specifically for UFO Experiencers/Contactees, these same trolls would not be spewing their vicious lies and attacks in those threads started by Contactees simply because that thread would not be in the most popular and most viewed ATS forum (UFO and Alien forum) -- and would instead be in a much less viewed forum specifically for UFO contactees/abductee's.

If a new forum on this topic is not possible, then at least all UFO Contactee/Abduction threads should be steered into the Skunk Works forum so as to avoid those disruptions caused by those ATTENTION SEEKING ANTI-CONTACTEE TROLLS.
Thanks,
pala

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Thanks fellow members for all the great ideas...
I would love to see this site grow and expand.

I had some suggestions that were already mentioned
by other members so i will give them credit and just
add my opinion on what i would like to be included
in those forums.

The 1st forum was a Constitutional Law or Freedoms/Liberties.

We could post about any bills that are introduced as an attack
on freedom or the Constitution, and also the contact information
for the Senator that introduced it(office email address, office phone,
mailing address, etc).
That is public information.

The 2nd forum was a Deny Ignorance forum.

I think it would be very helpful to post ideas and tips on how
to influence friends and family to begin denying ignorance on
government crime/conspiracies.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Like Microsoft stocks, ATS’ Secret Society forum should be split.

I think a BTS: Secret Society forum should be created as an addition to the already existing ATS: Secret Society forum.

There’s been a number of complaints in the past, both from Staff and members that the Secret Society forum’s is “not conspiratorial enough”.

The latest…

Originally posted by kinglizard
The purpose of the Secret Societies Forum is to discuss the conspiratorial nature of organizations that have in the past or currently are shielding their activities from the public at large.

s

However, new members and existing members continue to ask their non-conspiratorial questions in ATS’ Secret Society forum because there’s simply no other place to do so.

At the moment, non-conspiratorial threads are sometimes moved to BTS’ General Chit-Chat Forum or the Spirituality forums where the questions are rarely noticed.

ATS has assemble a impressive number of secret society experts and members, (freemasons, OTO, AMORC etc.). However, we cannot expect them to scour BTS’s General Chit Chat forum to answer the membership’s questions. If there was a dedicated forum, I’m positive they would subscribe. (keeping us happy
and less ignorant)

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Here you go. I have tagged 100+ threads with ss non-conspiratorial. All these threads would easily fit into the BTS: Secret Societies forum.

(There’s a lot more thread BTW, this is only a small part)

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
thanks for all of the suggestions

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
[Concept #1]

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by 9890
A forum where point grabbers posts can be put so they can't get any points for their posts

please, let's be serious...

It is serious. Like the post the other day claiming that some stuff found on google maps/earth was evidence / proof that alien ufos do this or that. I've been noticing many other absurdities making it into the top flagged section on the homepage, sometimes several days in a row. People getting banned for the absurd posts even. Or, Maybe if the flagged button could easily be disabled to keep junk like that off the front page which represents ATS to new visitors. THey come here and see childish posts like that and assume that's the status quo here.

[Concept #2]

I'd actually like to see an "American Imperialism" (AI, for this discussion) thread. What's bigger than that, besides maybe the fact that we've been subjected to propaganda our entire lives so that it goes unquestioned? Think of all of the history that has been manipulated and covered up to maintain the utopian US Government = the good guys mindset that countless millions subscribe to. Virtually everything we know has been manipulated, whitewashed or covered up.

Perhaps maybe the proposed history forum would naturally take this on all on 'its' own, but it might miss virtually endless choice content that the broader AI thread would provide.

Or maybe do something like "Imperialism and Rewritten History", as the old saying goes that those in power control the past, and so on. It's safe to assume that it would have always been the controlling empires that would be doing the most manipulation of history, especially on matters that can be seriously discussed beyond raw speculation about groups and such that cant even be proven as real in the first place.

Having it function as a dual role "Imperialism and Rewritten History" could also naturally open parallels in comparing how the US Empire does or has done the same methods as the other old empires.

[Concept #3]

My other choice would be Psychology/Sociology/Propaganda. The Disinfo Forum seems like it may have been meant for this, but specifying Psychology/Sociology/Propaganda could open it up to far more potential as Psychology and Sociology are crucial in actually understanding and studying propaganda, rather than just pointing out points that may be considered propaganda.

The brain/mind is the most complex thing in the known universe, so it seems natural that it would have endless potential for enlightening discussion.

Sociology is crucial in understanding propaganda, but it also is a vast subject that covers all of society along with systems and hierarchies of power and so on. One thing it does is destroys concepts of racism, intolerance, exploitation and so... all of which are the primary forms of human ignorance.

Directly combining this 3 broad but interconnecting subjects could open up a vast and seriously enlightening domain, and today is a prime era for discussing any of thes esubjects with all of the advances in brain/mind science and social understanding that generally goes under the radar in any 'realm' of media.
Ignorance Is Futile!

[edit on 16-4-2007 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join