It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

POLL: what kind of forum would you like to see be created on ATS???

page: 13
3
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
How About the Critical Thinkers lounge. Let it be a RATSesque type forum, but with topics that we bring up and have massive open research discussions on it, throwing all the evidence in there and keep on digging till we decide one way or the other.




posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
A forum about different cultures where people can be civil and educate one another.


w0w...

that's an amazing idea


if anyone would like to see any of these ideas be put into practice, please u2u mods, super-mods, and the three amigos...





posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
i would like to see a forum on space apps.
a place where we could have a little hobbie helping each other design shuttles, longrange ships of research/ milatary, space bases. torus style colanys, luner and planatary basses, and economic/ political issues/ systems we would use in space.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The Revisionist History idea is a good one, as well as the Critical Thinkers Lounge concept. It does seem that 911 related conspiracy topics do very well. I'm not trying to rehash other people's good ideas,I'm just commenting that they are good ideas. IMO, there isn't enough critical analysis going on on a lot of threads. My vote is the Critical Thinker's Lounge.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I would like to see a computer forum for talk about computer problems, upgrades, new stuff on the way, gaming, custom built rigs etc.. and I also suggest an Automotive forum



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmo dag
The Revisionist History idea is a good one, as well as the Critical Thinkers Lounge concept. It does seem that 911 related conspiracy topics do very well. I'm not trying to rehash other people's good ideas,I'm just commenting that they are good ideas. IMO, there isn't enough critical analysis going on on a lot of threads. My vote is the Critical Thinker's Lounge.


Revisionist History is an excellent idea

there have been many posts in the past throughout ATS that have been about revision on history, i think it does deserve its on place.



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Revisionist History is an excellent idea

there have been many posts in the past throughout ATS that have been about revision on history, i think it does deserve its on place.


yepp...

again, we should all u2u the higher powers to get our forums






posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Love the I see all AVATAR and S-3 will be a fantastic film and can not wait.

But I would like more options like have survey generator which we can invent and get calculations we can respond to. Gives more fun and can be talked about seen it on other sites. Remember I suggested it, give me some points please...


Yes make our own questionair. As many questions or A to Zs as you like not just 50/50 responses.

Like (A) THERE is there a GOD? 60%-------------- tick here 0

No is there is no GOD 40%--------- tick here 0

[edit on 14-8-2006 by The time lord]



posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
How about a hunting & fishing forum??? I'm an avid hunter and sometimes like to fish I think that a hunting & fishing forum would be cool



posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord

But I would like more options like have survey generator which we can invent and get calculations we can respond to. Gives more fun and can be talked about seen it on other sites. Remember I suggested it, give me some points please...


Yes make our own questionair. As many questions or A to Zs as you like not just 50/50 responses.

Like (A) THERE is there a GOD? 60%-------------- tick here 0

No is there is no GOD 40%--------- tick here 0

[edit on 14-8-2006 by The time lord]


I'm pretty sure that the forum software VBulletin will allow you to do that. A few other forums I visit run VBulletin and when you start a new thread you have the option of making it a poll with answers you fill in. As people complete the poll you see the results in both a % and how many people vote. There's also an option to make the votes private so nobody can see who voted for what or you can have the members votes visible. I think ATS should look into upgrading to VBulletin or something similair



posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'd like to see a forum specifically for the variety and weird stuff that nature surprises us wih

Man eating snakes and the strange mating rituals of birds. Videos and stories about flocks of blackbirds or schools of fish. Men getting stabbed in the chest by a marlin. Crows and ravens which seem smarter than we give them credit for.



posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Love the I see all AVATAR and S-3 will be a fantastic film and can not wait.


thanks...


Originally posted by masqua
I'd like to see a forum specifically for the variety and weird stuff that nature surprises us wih


hey, a mod has a suggestion


now we have support






posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
mind if i bump this thread

there is a research project on the human brain,but a human brain forum could get more attention,hopefully.

WOW
as i look at the previous posts i feel like we are make a
NEW"ATS"ORDER!!!!



posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tormentor
mind if i bump this thread

there is a research project on the human brain,but a human brain forum could get more attention,hopefully.


i don't mind at all


thanks for the suggestion






posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
im not sure if this has been thrown out there, but how about a conspiracy in sports forum. they seem to happen all the time, and it would invite a new crowd to ats.



posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
im not sure if this has been thrown out there, but how about a conspiracy in sports forum. they seem to happen all the time, and it would invite a new crowd to ats.


interesting suggestion


thanks






posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
hold on how about this-a money forum on BTS and inside the forum we can put threads for each kind of currency in this world(dollar,euro,yen,pesos,gold,silver,etc....)

A money conspiracy forum on ATS,with threads similar to the above statement^^^

I bet it will be popular,since we humans have dealt with money for a VERY long time.There will always be some kind of issues with money.



posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tormentor
hold on how about this-a money forum on BTS and inside the forum we can put threads for each kind of currency in this world(dollar,euro,yen,pesos,gold,silver,etc....)


thanks






posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I would like to see a forum on ATS about the exact thing that we are doing here now. On this thread, we are discussing what we, as the "ATS community", would like "our site" to look like.

Yes, of course I know that above top secret is privately owned by the Three Amigos and is run as a "benevolent dictatorial triumpvirate but even as benevolent dictators, we must all admit that they have been incredible responsive to "their community".
After all, we all do have a mutual stake in ATS; The Three Amigos have an investment -- an investment of time, energy and, of course financial interst. The ATS community's interest is in making sure that our site survives, thrives and flourishes. After all, we are here because it is a place that we enjoy and that we find entertaining and intellectually stimulating.

We have all come to know others on this site and to even make friends. We have come to know and, yes, care about one another. We are a community.

As a community, we should have a Community Forum. It would be a place to discuss topics such as this thread. We could discuss aspects of how ATS runs -- not to make policy or even influence policy -- and to, perhaps help the site go into directions that might be novel -- new and exciting. This could happen , inadvertently through discussion or it could evolve through debate. Aspects of the forum could include topics to do with avatar design, writing development, ATS design and even programming boards where everything from ATS widgets to the site itself could be developed through team efforts. There is a lot of talent, creativity, business acumen, creativity and analysis potential that the Three Amigos or any site would give their eye-teeth to be able to tap into. Certainly Simon, Skeptic and Springer recognize this.

We are the ATS community and with a "community forum" we can only grow larger and, exponentially more helpful to the site and, conversely, the site would be more useful, exciting and responsive to OUR needs. It's a symbiotic relationship.

So what about an ATS community forum?



posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
.

A Survivalists Forum. So far the suggestion has had an overwhelmingly positive response. You can click the link for more info as to what the forum would be about.

In thinking about it more, I'm actually quite surprised one hasn't been created yet.




top topics



 
3
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

log in

join