It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 93
<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
reply to post by violet

Any WHY do you call it a ' shadow of a crane"? just because some poster guessed that in another post? See how easy it is to spread nonsense? One person makes a totally uneducated guess, and another picks it up and repeats it as if it were a proven fact!! Amazing.

I referrred to it as "shadow of a crane" to simplify what I was adressing. Whether it was a crane, a hydrolic lift or any other structure. Fact is, it's a very tall structure, hgh enough to be dangling CA over the golf course. It looks suspicious. You obviously agree it's suspect to investigation because you have gone to alot of trouble to attempt to verify "what it could be?".

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

When Criss says he is doing his ' mind/body /SPIRIT events, what do you think he means? Why use SPIRIT if it is all just props? He said it took him years to be able to do the Luxor event;that does NOT mean that he used props, now does it? No, of course not. He does not say that or imply it. He means that it took years to work up the abilities to be able to levitate at those heights.

When he says it took years to be able to do the Luxor event, I take it to mean that he had to come up wth the way it could be executed flawlessly. He has said that he had to be vey careful with tha Luxor float because he could be seen and filmed from many angles and any slip up would have been uploaded to the internet within minutes. Not those exact words, but he's said this alot about that particular levitation.

Majority of people would take it to mean as I do.
You however have already subscribed to the idea levitations are real and therefore he must be one who can. There isn't any other human being available for you to use for your campaign, as you have said your own self repeatedly, so you attach yourself to an Illusionist. Your only example of evidence that man can float is a magician / illusionist.

Apart fom him saying he does not have powers and doesn't even believe anyone does. He talks about warehouses and making props and stage effects in his own backyard as a child and now in this warehouse. He runs tests on illusions he calls "garbage can tests". He isn't off in some room facing east, medtating to PR's angel of light society. In your world none of this stuff takes place. CA just does all this stuff naturally.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
A few thoughts on Chris Angel:

1) He is an accomplished performer. Call him a magician, an illusionist, a guru, whatever. He obviously is devoted to his craft and has spent years attempting to refine his art. Just as an accomplished musician or dancer makes their effort seem effortless – so does he.
2) He uses “tricks”. Just as performers of old used whatever technology was available to them, e.g. smoke and mirrors, Angel uses the technology available to him to create an illusion.
3) There is nothing wrong with what he does. Like him or not – it’s your choice. If you find him entertaining then watch. If he’s not your cup of tea then ignore him.

What I find most compelling about Angel is not his persona or his illusions but the fact that so many want to believe that he’s somehow “real”. Conversely, we have those so intent on proving to the believers that Angel is a fraud and should be disregarded entirely. I wonder if some other icons of faith ever experienced such a phenomena?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by passenger
What I find most compelling about Angel is not his persona or his illusions but the fact that so many want to believe that he’s somehow “real”. Conversely, we have those so intent on proving to the believers that Angel is a fraud and should be disregarded entirely. I wonder if some other icons of faith ever experienced such a phenomena?

Thank you for this!

All we need to do now, is throw some believers to the lions, and crucify Criss and in a few years, we are going to have Crisstianity..

I can't wait to read the evangelium of Eyewitness86!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

When Criss says he is doing his ' mind/body /SPIRIT events, what do you think he means? Why use SPIRIT if it is all just props? He said it took him years to be able to do the Luxor event;that does NOT mean that he used props, now does it? No, of course not. He does not say that or imply it. He means that it took years to work up the abilities to be able to levitate at those heights.

Originally posted by violet
When he says it took years to be able to do the Luxor event, I take it to mean that he had to come up wth the way it could be executed flawlessly. He has said that he had to be vey careful with tha Luxor float because he could be seen and filmed from many angles and any slip up would have been uploaded to the internet within minutes. Not those exact words, but he's said this alot about that particular levitation.

Majority of people would take it to mean as I do.

No at all.

Only those who are ignorant and/or prejudiced against telekinesis being real would believe that. Most would take it on face value, i.e., LITERALLY, when Criss Angel says that he occasionally uses the mind-body-spirit connection in his demonstrations.

What I find most compelling about Angel is not his persona or his illusions but the fact that so many want to believe that he’s somehow “real”.

That is the lure of his feats and why he is rich and famous because of them.

Then there are those who have witnessed telekinesis and/or healing energies firsthand and therefore know through experience that it can be real in certain situations.

Conversely, we have those so intent on proving to the believers that Angel is a fraud and should be disregarded entirely.

The loudest voices are not necessarily the most enlightened ones.

In fact, the loudest are usually not.

I wonder if some other icons of faith ever experienced such a phenomena?

All the time.

Originally posted by deezee
All we need to do now, is throw some believers to the lions, and crucify Criss and in a few years, we are going to have Crisstianity..

This view points to a general lack of understanding about anyone with a Gift of Chi-Telekinesis, as you do not have to be divine to have one

Neither of us consider Criss Angel to be divine...as some do.

Criss Angel = Jesus

So don't expect EW86 or myself to promote Criss Angel as a messianic or major prophetic figure anytime soon.

There are others who are worthy of that praise and adulation, and they are not among the "mentalists."

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

Originally posted by deezee

This view points to a general lack of understanding about anyone with a Gift of Chi-Telekinesis, as you do not have to be divine to have one

Neither of us consider Criss Angel to be divine...

You don't even understand sarcasm, so how should anyone expect you to understand logic...

Besides, the Apostoles didn't consider Jesus to be divine in the beginning either. Most of that came much later, when Roman Emperor Titus Flavius created Christianity, and decided what people should believe.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

And, prat tell, WHERE are the shadows of the boom and wires? If Criss ' edited them out ' then WHY DIDN'T HE EDIT OUT THE LARGE SHADOW ALSO? You deniers insist that Criss edits the film to trick the viewer,( with no proof ) but yet you imagine that he would allow a huge shadow that would cause some people to imagine a crane to stay in the film and ruin the effect. You CANNOT have it both ways!!

You state that Criss uses props, and cranes, and film tricks..yet you also believe that his editors are so stupid that they would leave a smoking gun shadow of a large prop in the film...unreal..just unreal.

The reason I attempted to ascertain the truth about the shadow was so that at least ONE of you deniers might come to a new realization about reality. I have a very busy life and kids to raise and a house to keep..and yet I spend time arguing this because I KNOW THAT THERE ARE NO PROPS used in the high levitations and I want at least one of you die hard deniers to finally admit that NO PROOF EXISTS that supports your theory: It is ALL conjecture and guesses. That much honesty is demanded after all the gried you have put us thru.

Ignorance is forgiveable, education can cure that. But stubborn refusal to admit the plain and clear facts is NOT forgiveable, as it means that intentional denial of the obvious is desired to remain ignorant and not to become enlightened.

So, answer this, since you will not address the main points I make: WHY would Criss editors allow a giant shadow to remain on the film is it was in fact some part of a prop? Why not edit it out so that no one could point to it and say " Gee, that big shadow MUST be a crane becauyse I cannot comprehend levitation ." I believe that the reason the shadow was left there is because it was totally innocuous and had nothing to do with the event and everyone present that day knew that.

ONCE AGAIN: If you believe there was a crane there, then you also MUST believe that: All witnesses seen were bussed in and paid off to stay silent forever, and will do so, like all the others over the years. Do you believe that? If so then you must also believe that: Criss has some ability to engender loyalty forever. Please give us a LIKELY answer as to HOW he does so. Then answer all the other telling questions that we have asked and you have ignored. THEN, we might discuss why you believe that way when you have ZERO evidence to back you up.

Guessing at shadows: The height of your ' evidence '..what a laugh! Oh, I forgot the other major proof you guys have: The ' angle of the dangle ', or the ' calculation of sway '..thats rich!! I get a really good laugh every time from that one!!

You deniers crack me up; except that intentonal denial of plain fact is no laughing matter as it insults the intelligence of those who have a more braod education in matters far from the mundane. it is akin to trying to explain a complex scene to kindergartners: they just are not prepared to assimilate too many facts at once and end up confused. Deniers are confused people: They cannot see, hear, record or get any human being to attest to their beliefs, but insist that they are the only possible truth, all based on a very limited worldview and a totally lacking sense of esoteric matters.

And the band played on.. PR, thanks for dropping in and asssting in the effort to enlighten: It gets lonely here in common sense island when the natives have no way to see beyond their limited view.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Magicians use levitation devices to do these illusions. David Blaine is said to have used the 'Balducci' method for his TV Special.

There are levitation devices that allow you to levitate and walk on water. You could position the device in water and appear you're walking on water. There's several variations always beng invented and improved on. One less recent device is 'Retro Gravity'. Said to be very easy to hide, that one could in fact be naked. People could pass rods underneath you and view you from all angles. Levitation is possible using Magnetic, Electrostatic, Aerodynamic or other forces. The latter uses jet forces of air or gas and may be why his pants puffed up in that float with rods passing under him.

Other devices, you can't just float back down and walk off. You have to do a 'move". He did a "move" like that on the golf course and building float.

Now if all these other magicians / illusionists are using these gimmicks, why would Criss Angel be any different?

[edit on 19-1-2008 by violet]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Violet, you are in over your head. Why didn't you provide a link to these ' levitation devices ' that can account for high levitations in public places? Oh, there are none!! No wonder you cannot find them.

Also, the Balducci is a LOW LEVEL trick..understand? LOW level. NO ONE has EVER shown a way to do high levitations as Criss has done WITH props. Where are these props that can make us think that Criss is not using any? Why is Criss the only person to use them? See how silly it is?

Of course someone can rig props so that events can be tricked, BUT there has NEVER EVER been even ONE person that has shown that Criss has used them!! No proof! Just imagining that they must be used because to believe otherwise you would have to accept the truth: Criss uses no props in the high levitations.

Just giving us a list of what someone MIGHT do is NOT the same as SHOWING us what CRISS does!! Criss must be pretty smart to be the only one on earth that has the ability to not only get total and permanent loyalty from all the people he meets and deals with, but also the only one to find and use and keep totally secret the technology that could make him levitate...right? you believe that?

Also, VIOLET and all others, WHY won't you talk about the points I raise? Afraid? you STILL have not mentioned the fact that Criss is the only one ever to do what he does...why only him? Why not other up and coming stars? You deniers know that this would make you look silly to the max to try and get around , so you ignore it. What are the odds? You never want to discuss the odds in all this, do you? Trapped like rats, deniers always change the subject and point to someplace else to distract the attention from the main issues..hey! Maybe you deniers would make great illusionists since you can misdirect so well!!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
First of all, Violet just read about these levitation props on the internet and misunderstood how they were supposed to work.

This mistake doesn't proove anything. The props mentioned were supposed to become widely available, but then suddenly everything went quiet. No one knows really knows what became of them. There are some speculations, but the inventor isn't giving answers.

There was even a proffesional magician asking the inventor if he could buy these devices, before the filming of his illusion series was finished, so he could include these tricks, but he didn't get an answer.. I'm not going to speculate what this means.

Criss must be pretty smart to be the only one on earth that has the ability to not only get total and permanent loyalty from all the people he meets and deals with, but also the only one to find and use and keep totally secret the technology that could make him levitate...right? you believe that?

I already asked you this, but you ignored it... What are these employees supposed to reveal in your oppinion?

You expect Criss' employees to come out and say "He can't really levitate. It's only an illusion!" right?

Why would they do that? Criss is not claiming he can really levitate. He is claiming he is doing illusions. So why would anyone come out and say "No, that's not true, he is not doing illusions, he is just doing illusions!"?

EVERYBODY (except for you of course) knows, what Criss is doing is just illusions. Because of that, the only thing we could expect his disloyal employees to do, would be to come out and say "No, he is not doing illusions, he really can levitate!" if that were true...

On the other hand, EVERY good proffesional illusionist has employees, who help him do his tricks. And while they are not paid not to say the obvious (He is just doing illusions.), they ARE paid not to reveal HOW these illusions are done. Contracts CAN and often DO contain heavy fines, if the conditions of the contract are broken.

Besides, how do you know, none of the employees ever told one of their friends how it is done? Did you interview them all + all of their friends?

Forget that. Did any of his employees ever claim, Criss really can fly or levitate? Just wondering...

Also, VIOLET and all others, WHY won't you talk about the points I raise? Afraid? you STILL have not mentioned the fact that Criss is the only one ever to do what he does...why only him? Why not other up and coming stars?

Actually i've seen the answer to this question of yours.

It went something like this: In every field, there is someone, who is at the top, at least for a while. Just because someone didn't surpass him yet, doesn't mean it's not going to happen.

Besides, good illusionists don't really like repeating other's illusions. They prefer to create something better and more fascinating.. Something new.

Before Criss, we had David Copperfield levitating and flying around in a theater. And back then, there were people like you, believing he really can fly. Now even you say he can't, it was an illusion.

And he was doing it in front of a huge audience. On the golf course, we only have a small number of people. The only time Criss does it in front of a big audience is ALSO in a theater. So he can be using the same trick David was using many years ago.

You deniers know that this would make you look silly to the max to try and get around , so you ignore it. What are the odds? You never want to discuss the odds in all this, do you? Trapped like rats, deniers always change the subject and point to someplace else to distract the attention from the main issues..hey! Maybe you deniers would make great illusionists since you can misdirect so well!!

You are one very confused individual.. The odds? What are the odds he really can levitate? Please tell me. Have you seen him levitate in an open area? Or did you only see a video?

All you are capable of doing is using backwards logic and insult people, when they try to present logic to you.

I've asked you this before... Which school of thought teaches being condescending as a path to enlightenment? What kind of spirituality teaches bloating ones ego as a path to higher levels of consciousness?

I have an idea.. Since ego weighs nothing, maybe if you inflate your's long enough, you can eventually reach a density lower than air. This way you could proove to us, that levitation is possible..

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hello,

what i have noticed watching chris angels program is that he mixes traditional illusionist stunts with magic. now now i know what your thinking magic isn't real but when a person levitates off a 10 story building you rule out the normal and start to consider the paranormal. I have seen other magicians that study real magic and are able to do feats like this using means not of this world. one example if your a christian is the pharoahs magicians were able to turn their staffs into snakes like moses did but moses's staff ate the magicians snakes. in my humble opinion magic is real and it comes from two sources one from demonic activity which exalts itself and one from Godly activity which brings glory to God, i dont' mean to get all religous on you but i firmly believe that is the source of some of his acts not all though

Keeper

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keeper of Kheb
in my humble opinion magic is real and it comes from two sources one from demonic activity which exalts itself and one from Godly activity which brings glory to God, i dont' mean to get all religous on you but i firmly believe that is the source of some of his acts not all though

The thing Eyewitness doesn't understand, is that most of us here would love for it to be possible.

I definatelly would. I haven't completely ruled out all paranormal abilities or whatever you want to call them. In fact, i spent many years studying some of these abilities and i even got some results. Some of the things i did, or saw others do, i still can't explain.

But later i saw, that most of the people dealing with these topics are completely immersed in their own wishfull thinking or often even delusions.
And people claiming to have these abilities were prooven to be charlatans again and again..

Because of that i am now MUCH more critical as to what i believe. And i think that making up silly explanations, using fancy pseudo scientific terms and meaningless words, doesn't really help us understand anything.

Also, clinging to an illusionist for confirmation, is completely useless. All we've seen are some videos. Videos can be manipulated and don't proove anything. There is no proof whatsoever, that Criss can really levitate by himself, without props.

Every illusionist uses mystery and drama, to make their preformances more impressive. David Copperfield also said he learned levitation from Tibetan monks. (or something like that) But that is just meant to mystify the audience and make them wonder if it could be true.

It's just entertainment, but some people here don't seem to understand that...

[edit on 20/1/08 by deezee]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Here is the point: If Criss is using props in his high levitations, then WHY cannot even ONE bit, one tiny example, of proof be shown by you? The TOTAL abscence of any evidence does not seem to phase you, and that is illogical to me. Claiming that video can be altered is one thing; of course it can. But to offer some proof, some evidence , that CRISS uses altered video is another thing entirely, now isn't it? You skirt around my questions with the same old tired, ridiculous answers: criss employees are always and totaly loyal, staying silent about his forever, right? Also, WHY will you accept the ridiculous belief that all of the witnesses are paid off and loyal forever? you never will address this.

Either Criss has some way of keeping 100% of his witnesses silent forever and loyal, or he does not. You believe I assume that he does. Please tell us WHY you believe this. Is there are evidence of any witness ever coming forward and claiming to be paid off by Criss to lie or act suprosed? If you have that evidence, then present it. If you do not, then WHY would you assume that to be true ?

Also, you weak and totally silly answer to why Criss is always at the top: You actually believe that Criss is at the top of his profession, with no imitators and no one else even coming CLOSE to the type of events he does, merely because all the other performers are content to accept a lesser role in things? What causes you to believe this? Have you spoken to any high ranking and current illusionists and asked them why they all are content to allow Criss to remain the King forever? No? Have you any internet links that would explain your belief that most performers in Las Vegas and elsewhere would all, without exception, avoid the events Criss does? Never even attempting to outdo him? If so, present them. If not, then WHY would you believe that all these people would accept second best forever?

Your replies are weak..pathetically weak, and is all that you can come up with, just like all the others. this has gone on for so long, and it never changes. All other illusionists are content to be second best to Criss. Criss must pay off tons of people to stay quiet about the props and film alterations. Tese people never ever tell about this ans stay silent forever. Video cannot be trsted, even though no proof of alteration exists. What your eyes see and what your brain tels you is not valid because ' it is all tricks', or at least someone said so!!

No wonder we have such a hard time gettng thru. Lack of proof is assumed as fact. The least possible guesses are condisered foundations. Unreal..just unreal.

You are NOT starting your quest for trruth on a neutral basis!! this is the key!! If you were, you would not begin assuming that there MUST be props. you would approach it evenly. Then, you would consider all of the actual evidence: Videos that have never been shown to be altered. Witnesses that have never been shown to be paid off. Testimony that has never been proven to be false. You would weigh the evidence and come to the conclusion that Criss uses no props in the high levitations.

The reason you would decide that is because no evidence to the contrary exists, and as such the plain and simple proofs presented make a positive case. A jury would find that also, based upon the evidence, and the fact that NONE of the evidence has ever been refuted bya reputable party knowledgeble of the events, and no contrary evidence of merit has proven otherwise. Case closed.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Here is the point: If Criss is using props in his high levitations, then WHY cannot even ONE bit, one tiny example, of proof be shown by you? The TOTAL abscence of any evidence does not seem to phase you, and that is illogical to me.

Well, it is illogical to me, how you can accept the lack of evidence of props as proof, he really is levitating.

What am i, or anyone else supposed to show you as evidence of edited and manipulated videos? When videos are edited, they are edited so that it is not obvious how.

Besides, all we have is some you tube videos. With original edited videos it might even be possible to proove video manipulation by analyzing them.

But still, you take lack of evidence of something as proof of the opposite. This is your only evidence: lack of evidence of the props. And you're satisfied with that? Without further analysis of a high quality version of the video.. Without interviewing the "witnesses" or employees.

You just assume. And you must be right of course. Because you know everything. That's new age for ya.

Claiming that video can be altered is one thing; of course it can. But to offer some proof, some evidence , that CRISS uses altered video is another thing entirely, now isn't it?

What proof do you have of Criss flying? Were you there? Did you pass a ring around him while he was in the air? Did you verify the absence of props?

No. You just assume he can fly, because you can't see props in the video.
But do you really think they would leave the props visible in the video?
Really?

You skirt around my questions with the same old tired, ridiculous answers: criss employees are always and totaly loyal, staying silent about his forever, right? Also, WHY will you accept the ridiculous belief that all of the witnesses are paid off and loyal forever? you never will address this.

I adressed your question about the employees. But you are so convinced of yourself, that you can't even imagine the scenario i proposed.

Let's try again. Try to imagine this: We have Criss, who does illusions and admits, he does illusions. We have his employees... Why would anyone come forward and say "Criss is a liar! He is not doing illusions! He is doing illusions!"?

Now why would anyone want to do that? It's just stupid. How he does his illusions is something else entirelly.

EVERY illusionist has employees, who help him do his stuff. And they are prohibited by contract from disclosing HOW he does it. They are NOT prohibited to say "He is just doing illusions!", because that is self evident.

And yes, they are paid well. So why would they disclose it to the public? If they would disclose it to anyone, they would do it for even more money, and that person would again keep it to himself.

Either Criss has some way of keeping 100% of his witnesses silent forever and loyal, or he does not. You believe I assume that he does. Please tell us WHY you believe this. Is there are evidence of any witness ever coming forward and claiming to be paid off by Criss to lie or act suprosed?

What do i believe that you assume?

Again, maybe you can remember it this time.. Lack of evidence of something DOESN'T proove the opposite.

Besides, how do you know his "witnesses" are going to be loyal forever?
Why do you believe some of them didn't already talk about it to friends?
Did you interview any of them? Never mind all of them....

If you have that evidence, then present it. If you do not, then WHY would you assume that to be true ?

First of all, YOU are assuming they didn't already mention it to someone. I'm pretty sure they did - to someone in their family, their best friend...

Secondly, YOU are claiming he can fly or levitate or whatever.. Where is YOUR proof? Oh, right, because you can not proove the opposit

Also, you weak and totally silly answer to why Criss is always at the top: Have you spoken to any high ranking and current illusionists and asked them why they all are content to allow Criss to remain the King forever?

Again, you don't even seem to read what i wrote. I said, there is always someone who is at the top in any field. I didn't say forever.
I said others are eventually going to try to surpass him, rather than imitate him.

Besides, do you think it is impossible for someone else to create a video of himself levitating, with 20 people around screaming? It's just that proffesionals don't like to imitate. They prefer to surpass.

No wonder we have such a hard time gettng thru. Lack of proof is assumed as fact. The least possible guesses are condisered foundations.

This is ridiculous... I already mentioned, that no one is capable of describing you as good as you yourself can, only that you project it on others.

YOU are the one accepting lack of proof of something as proof of the opposite.

You are NOT starting your quest for trruth on a neutral basis!! this is the key!!

You call this neutral basis? You are the one assuming from the start, he can levitate.. Very neutral indeed.

If you were, you would not begin assuming that there MUST be props. you would approach it evenly.

All i'm saying is, that there is no proof of him flying or levitating.

Your entire proof that he can levitate consists of lack of evidence of the opposite.

Videos that have never been shown to be altered. Witnesses that have never been shown to be paid off. Testimony that has never been proven to be false.

People have shown anomalies in the videos, but you don't even consider them.

The rest, the witnesses and testimonies and all.. Did anyone ever try to proove they were not paid actors, or that they are lying?

Just tell me one thing... Why doesn't Criss do a live preformance before a huge audience somewhere in the open? Why does he only do live preformances in theaters and is only surrounded by a tiny group of people during these videos?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Also, VIOLET and all others, WHY won't you talk about the points I raise? Afraid? you STILL have not mentioned the fact that Criss is the only one ever to do what he does...why only him? Why not other up and coming stars? You deniers know that this would make you look silly to the max to try and get around , so you ignore it. What are the odds? You never want to discuss the odds in all this, do you?

My best guess as to why Crisss Angel is the ONLY person we see doing all these wonderous feats is based on a combination of things. He's very ambitious and being this way has placed him as a top magician people are paying to see. Why let five magicians do them el crappo when you can have this one guy doing it in a much more entertaining way who will bring in more $$$. HAVING HIM BEING THE GREAT MASTER AT IT SELLS THAT ILLUSION OF HIM BEING THE ONLY ONE. To sell the best, one must first create the best. Think about that for awhile. It would do no good to have others in the way competing against this. CA would mostl likely buy out ALL of these gimmicks to assure no others get their hands on them. Instead of keeping on asking us this question "why no other", ask yourself why. He has power, just not the kind you're referring to.

Luxor and others doing business with API are going to be placing all bets on him and investing and giving him exclusive contracts in Vegas.

He's made alot of money thus far and can afford a bigger budget and has more sponsors backing him. If you invented a product, who would be the first magician you would call and offer it to? You may be correct in that Criss or others only have access to devices that do low levitations. As for Criss high ones, we will assume there are edited props and you assume it's of the paranormal. None of us have the absolute proof either way ...yet.

Here's an article on Levitation

Telegraph UK

" ... known as the Casimir force, so that it repels instead of attracts. Their discovery could ultimately lead to frictionless micro-machines with moving parts that levitate But they say that, in principle at least, the same effect could be used to levitate bigger objects too, even a person.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Here is the point: If Criss is using props in his high levitations, then WHY cannot even ONE bit, one tiny example, of proof be shown by you? The TOTAL abscence of any evidence does not seem to phase you, and that is illogical to me.

You don't have any proof he CAN levitate other than videos. Is that not absence of evidence on your part also?

You skirt around my questions with the same old tired, ridiculous answers: criss employees are always and totaly loyal, staying silent about his forever, right? Also, WHY will you accept the ridiculous belief that all of the witnesses are paid off and loyal forever? you never will address this.

I think Dezee answered this perfectly. Why would his employees come forward to reveal he has fooled us wth illusions?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
I think Dezee answered this perfectly. Why would his employees come forward to reveal he has fooled us wth illusions?

Exactly.. Criss Angel is not lying and saying he really can fly or levitate, so how could anyone expose him?

If an employee would come out and say "It's all just illusions!", the reply would be "Duh. Everybody knows that!"..

Everybody except for two people here...

One thing is funny tho... Eyewitness keeps saying, employees and paid witnesses would not remain quiet for ever.

But if Criss really could levitate, shouldn't we in this case expect someone to come out and say "It's NOT an illusion! He really CAN fly without ANY props!"..

I mean, wouldn't some of his employees eventually get so shocked about the fact he really can fly, that they would tell it to someone?
Wouldn't it be much harder to keep quiet about something so amazing, as opposed to keeping quiet to the fact it's an illusion, which is common knowledge anyway?

But this didn't happen. And in Eyewitnesses own logic, this means he CAN'T really levitate...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If Criss has special powers why does he need such a big production team and help with his Illusions.
He wouldnt need to copy Wayne Houchins coin in can trick,wouldnt need help from Banachek or Luke Jermy with his mentalism acts and wouldnt work with Copperfield for his flying Illusions,etc. If he could really pull off these feats he'd do it all on his own but he doesnt.

All of eyewitness' points could be said about any magician.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by deezee

I do not have time today, but will tomorrow, to answer you in detail. But just for thought until then:

You say, astoundingly, that the total abscence of evidence means nothing. If a detective has eliminated all other possibilities, then what remains is the truth, no matter how unlikley it may seem. While that may be a quote from Sherlock Holmes, it carries a lot of truth, doesn't it?

If there is NO evidence that Criss uses props, then why assume that he does? Can you answer that simply and plainly? Why? Based upon what? What makes you believe that Criss is using props when they cannot be seen, filmed, witnessed or even alleged by anyone in a position to know?

Why not assume that he can levitate until proven to be a hoax? Because you are operating on a basis of an assumed knowledge that you in fact do not possess. You tyhink that you comprehend the totality of the spirit and physical realms, otherwise you would leave room for the possibility that Criss is using no props; especially since no evidence for props exist.

Imagine if a professor in your college asked you to perform a task that included proving to an unbiased and totally neutral jury that Criss Angel uses props in his high levitations..OK. With me so far? Now, you go around gathering evidence for your claim that Criss uses props. The other side of the debate has a guy ( or gal ) asserting the exact opposite, that Criss uses NO props in those events.

Now, on the day of the debate, what will you present as evidence that Criss uses props? List it below please so we can all see. Can you present evidence during the debate that Criss uses props? No, you cannot. However, I could present a great deal of evidence. For example:

I present a video shot by the Point of View camera by a bystander, and some footage of Criss also. The video shows NO props visible.

You have no video evidence to counter it with. You cannot claim that the video was altered, because no proof of that exists.

I present eyewitnesses observing at arms length the events, and they all show amazement and aew at what they are seeing.

You counter with...what? there is no evidence that anyone ever lied for Criss, or were paid off by Criss, so what do you counter with? Some supposition that they MIGHT be paid off? NO WAY !! In a debate you cannot make spurious and undocumented allegations and get away with it, you would be laughed off the stage if you attempted that.

In other words, you literally have ONLY SUPPOSITIONS and IMAGININGS to bolster your theory. you have no examples of the props, even if used by another person. You have to IMAGINE your ENTIRE defense of your beliefs...not one SHRED of material evidence exists that supports your suppositions. You would have to plead with the judges of the debate to IMAGINE that props are there, since none can be seen. You would have to IMAGINE that witnesses are all paid off and loyal forever; not only is that unlikley, but totally unproven as well.

Get my point? You come empty handed to a debate if all you have al allegations totally unsupported by any hard evidence. All you could say to the debate audience and judges would be this: Gee guys, I mean, MAYBE Criss does this, and MAYBE Criss does that..

MAYBE? Is that the best you have? Maybe? Yes, that IS the best you have, and it is a shame that with ZERO evidence and ONLY imagination you can be totally sure that you are right. I give you guys credit for great imaginations, but you must come up with more than ' maybe's ' if you want to convince anyone else.

Oh, and by the way..to another poster that wonders why Criss' employees would say anything: here is the facts: If a disgruntled employee came forward and said that Criss can levitate and uses no props for the high levitations, what would the reaction be? I would say " Sure, knew that all along". YOU would say " Yeah, sure..criss just paid this guy off to say that like he pays all the witnesses off..so he can make people think he is so cool". So who would believe him? Only the people who believe it now. People like you would not be convinced, even if Criss levitated at arms length right in front of you..you would question your own abilities to perceive reality before you would accept the truth.

Here is a short LOW LEVEL video of Criss levitating within inches, literally at the hands of the witnesses, outsside a hotal door: Lets hear all the ' evidence ' you guys have that this was all a hoax also.If you can:

More soon.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Here is the epitome of levitation by a human being to date in all history. If you listen and watch carefully, you will see that there are no props, beyond those in your imagination. Criss says, just before ' lift off ' : " Jesus, please keep me safe ', and then he activates, or engages, the forces ( or as PR believes, the entities ) that allow gravity to be overcome..or adapted, for the event.

Views from spectator cameras and comments, such as " there are no wires ', and the amazement of the crowds tell it all. Criss was at a lelevl where adjacent hotel guests are seen at a viewpoint that would reveal ANY wires, props, or supports. Recall I quizzed the Engineering staff and they claim that no one but Criss was up there, and he and the light was ll there was. They deny that any props were used. This event stands alone as an UNREFUTED example of human levitation. Many other levitations of Criss are telling as well, but this shows that if there WERE any props, they would be seen. It is the BRIGHTEST LIGHT ON EARTH. you cannot ask for much better illumination than that, can you?

new topics

top topics

<< 90  91  92    94  95  96 >>

join