It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Here's the fight for those who haven't seen it.

On a side note and not having sky, does anyone know where you can watch these online. I've checked my favourite movie/video websites and it's not been posted up. So can anyone help me?

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Arawn]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

What if Sai Baba is able to manifest food and jewelry like he did in the 1970s? Before his Gifts lessened from having abused the priviledge?

Either you didnt frame your sentence properly or correct me if i am wrong but are you implying Sai Baba abused the priveleged?

Edit:are you refering to Sai Baba or Sathya sai baba who claims to be a reincarnation of Sai Baba?if its the latter then i wholeheartedly agree with you,but just so you know,the "hey days" you keep refering to,the "1970's,1980's" are entirely false too solely because he never had any gifts to begin with,he used simple off-the-shelf magic tricks to fool gullible people,that is how he got his fame besides his aforementioned proclamation of course.Sathya sai baba never had any gifts,he was merely a charismatic magician sorrounded by a lot of gullible people.Whereas the REAL Sai Baba never did anything of that sort,never demanded any money or fame or adulation,he lived his entire life in poverty sorrounded by a few believers and many skeptics wanting to bring him down.his only mission was to spread the message of peace and love.He didnt have any religion,nor ever advocated any.No one knows when he was born or where did he come from before stepping into his future home-ShirdiHis message -"Sab Ka Malik Ek hai",in hindi,loosely translated in english means "everyone's gods are one and the same",irrespective of any religion he/she belongs to.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by xenomorph07]

[edit on 7-11-2007 by xenomorph07]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Arawn

The nbc/phenomnom website has full episode vids and extras to watch, but they don't seem to work for some. It has this fight uncensored.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So I take it that the Jim guy took up CA's challenge and is a million dollars richer...or is CA's challenge as empty as J Randis?

I just love the way this is going.

The CA appreciation thread...collapsed so we started getting "proof" bt means of several other dodgy illusionists, Cyril et al.

So now that CA, the ultimate purveyor of paranormal powers *sarcasm off* has turned to the dark side of the force and is no longer a Jedi Knight, the CA Appreciation society is turning against him...he has said from the start, that he does not have paranormal powers and does not believe anyone has. The guy has had reverence for Houdini for years...that was a clue...but the psychically gifted never spotted that with their powers.

I think the guy a worthy successor to Houdini and I wish him well in his mission to to put the delusional world of the paranormal to rest

There again...as it is all delusional, therefore in the mind, it can't be disproven in another persons delusional reality...

Keep it coming CA

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Re: the million dollar challenge from CA:
Jim is now accepting the $1,000,000 challenge to "what's in the envelope". He will be back on the final show wednesday.

From the NBC board, Jim says:

"... I have also requested verification that Criss will have the $1,000,000.00 at the last show. Last show will be fun I think.
Jim ..."

"In fact I think there will be a reason to hire others on for next week for things just may get out of hand...."

Jim & his cohorts, really need to get their info straight. They repeatedly use the Oct 30 2007 Halloween themed show SEANCE as a reference, but use clips of the CELEBRITY SEANCE show from 2006 in their youtube hypocrisy vids. They say the only disclaimer is where he winked & said "do you believe in ghosts? I don't". Quotes are misinterpreted from one show regarding another.

That disclaimer he said on the first celeb seance show and on the halloween show, he asked: Was I really a conduit to the spirit world, or was it just a CON?

Somewhere in this thread, I'd posted a radio interview I found that was done before the 2006 celeb seance show at the Amagosa. CA spoke of this upcoming show, how he hired real mediums & used a haunted location & was going to do a fake seance to show how it is all a con. Not exact words, but he clearly stated this show was to demonstrate the frauds and/or false beliefs in contacting the spirit world. That was a fairly solid disclaimer.

I don't think he is a hypocrite at all. I've said it before, in trying to explain to the believers in this thread, that what CA says on Mindfreak isn't to be taken seriously. That his illusions begin the minute the show starts, it's all part of the act to mystify and draw the audience into the wonder of magic or mentalism. According to the "rules" of mentalism, it's allowed. It's what he says after the shows, in interviews etc, that counts, and in those he has maintained what his position is regarding the paranormal.

[edit on 16-11-2007 by violet]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by there is no god
So I take it that the Jim guy took up CA's challenge and is a million dollars richer...or is CA's challenge as empty as J Randis?:lol
There again...as it is all delusional, therefore in the mind, it can't be disproven in another persons delusional reality...

Keep it coming CA

I usually find that there are accusations of lying, or being crazy within the responses and conclusions made by most skeptics when they are presented with details that, if true, cannot be explained by known science. Tales of things such as precognition, mediumship, out of body travel, etc., often contain 'impossibilities' shall we say. Mediums describe murder scenes 1000's of miles away, accurately, in detail, including the murder itself, before the missing person is known by the police to have been murdered. NDE's describe seeing things they could not have seen, accurately. Precognitive dreams can be extremely vivid and detailed, seemingly exact in every way. Some people doubt that any of it can be real. Those people involved are often unable to doubt any longer as they can find no scientific explanation for what happened, yet they know it did.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Sorry not buying any of it!!

Time and time again every kookie notion of the so called paranormal has fallen short of any real world "realisation".

These "gifts" exist only in the mind of deluded elitist fools.IMHO.

Everything from dowsing to precognition never exceeds rates projected by chance and guess.

A classic example at this moment in time is in Europe, with Maddie McCann. Psychic charlatans have time and time again spouted nonsense about where she is and as to whether or not she is dead.

Come all you gifted people!!! Is she alive or dead. That should be pretty easy for you. Where is she? Fact is you all come up with different answers. I am not saying that they dont believe you have powers...mental wards used to be full of people like that...I could believe that I am Napoleon...dont mean that I am

It is always the case that these elitist fools come out of the woodwork saying see I told you so.

When do they ever say openly in public "I will lead you there!!"?

That there is more to the multiverse than science knows I am pretty sure. But psychic bunkem aint it.

Regarding the CA $1million challenge to that fool. I guess the fool has worked out a way of doing it...like all good illusionists...like Uri Gellar

Just keep fooling yourselves that you are special and elite...hide away from society, keep off the streets. I would rather you stayed indoors expressing your delusions here on ATS...than risk meeting you in public...god knows what such lumatics are capable of

Fact is we are born and we die. We get eaten by worms and get returned into the great cycle of life. We are stardust...thats all. You die thats it...get over it.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoToTheLight
Sorry not buying any of it!!

Time and time again every kookie notion of the so called paranormal has fallen short of any real world "realisation".

These "gifts" exist only in the mind of deluded elitist fools.IMHO.

Everything from dowsing to precognition never exceeds rates projected by chance and guess.

Regarding the CA $1million challenge to that fool. I guess the fool has worked out a way of doing it...like all good illusionists...like Uri Gellar

Just keep fooling yourselves that you are special and elite...hide away from society, keep off the streets. I would rather you stayed indoors expressing your delusions here on ATS...than risk meeting you in public...god knows what such lumatics are capable of

Fact is we are born and we die. We get eaten by worms and get returned into the great cycle of life. We are stardust...thats all. You die thats it...get over it.

No need to be sorry, I am not trying to convince you to agree with me. The skeptical smart alec's who name-call and cockily deride the millions of us who, for whatever reason, have experienced things you have not, and which you cannot accept as being real, honestly recounted events. No wonder you doubt them, they cannot be explained rationally, and which go against current theories of reality commonly accepted. The people I've met who have sworn to having witnessed paranormal phenomena are not elitist, nor do they feel special, as you accuse them of being. Just cuz I've seen convincing proof of precognition and OOBE's does not change who I see myself as, not any better or worse than anyone else. My fiance hasn't seen any paranormal stuff, and she doesn't believe in it. But she doesn't put me down, or be cocky, just cuz I say I do.
It is your view that we are all deluded, and lunatics. What you think doesn't matter, though, because it does not change the facts. I say that I have seen things for which there is no rational explanation, and millions of others say the same. You are positive that the explanation is that either we are all liars, or as you put it, lunatics. Some most likely are so, but the rest are just normal people like you and me, who are telling the truth. It is understandable why people don't trust that they are accurately, and honestly telling the truth. My truth is my own, as is yours, and I cannot say what is true for you, even though you claim you can say what is true for me.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackGuardXIII

We may not have agreed on some of the finer points of this thread, but we certainly agree on the points in your previous post.

A star for you.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
when people believe a tv magician really has magic powers, i almost burst with laughter smoke and mirrors is the name of the game its all tricks and illusions use youre brains, as for chris angel he is very good ( no where near the level of derren brown who i think is just incredible) i hope he makes fools of a lot of these psychics and i share his sentiments that those people who make money preying on other peoples emotions and often gullibleness (sic) are the scum of the earth

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by R-evolve
when people believe a tv magician really has magic powers, i almost burst with laughter smoke and mirrors is the name of the game its all tricks and illusions use youre brains, as for chris angel he is very good ( no where near the level of derren brown who i think is just incredible) i hope he makes fools of a lot of these psychics and i share his sentiments that those people who make money preying on other peoples emotions and often gullibleness (sic) are the scum of the earth

I assume that you have ' used your brain ' and decided that a total lack of evidence gives you a concrete case to deny all events that fall outisde your area of experience. Please do what no one else has been able to do yet, since you are so sure of yourself, and please show us the ' smoke and mirrors ' evidence that you claim is used. Derren Brown is indeed a talented man, in many ways, but he does NOT do the same things that Criss does. What he does he does very well, but Criss is the ONLY person on earth that can levitate at high levels with NO props either SEEN, FILMED, WITNESSED or ALLEGED by reputable sources, ever. Not ever.

You are using your IMAGINATION to try and find ways in which Criss has tricked you into thinking that he levitates if in fact he does not..you cannot produce one witness, or one employee, or one hotel guest or employee, or film editor, or assistant, or anyone else, that can verify any props whatsoever.

The fact that this probably does not mean much to you says volumes about your cognitive and reasoning abilities, but nothing about the proven facts: Criss levitates in front of witnesses at arms length, in bright lights, on golf courses in broad daylight, and despite the FACT that there are NO props seen or alleged, and the witnesses are all astounded, some people who cannot break the surly bonds of earthly reasoning will deny the obvious to cling to their safe little interpretations of reality so that introspection and acceptance of new paradigms will never cause them any concern or fright. That is the bottom line in people who deny what they see despite the fact that they can produce no prof to back up their beliefs!!

There is NO PROOF of props in Criss high levitations. There is adequate proof in the many video's alone of the truth; the problem is in the willingness to believe what is seen and accept the fact that not all things can be dismissed so easily as you do. If you cannot show us someone else doing the same things WITH props that cannot be seen, then you have no proof to support your beliefs. If you cannot provide ONE witness out of multi-thousands over the years that has seen Criss that will attest to being paid to act a part or to keep silent, then you have no proof.

Since there are no manufactuirers of ' invisible props ' and you cannot point to any in the events in question, why should anyone assume that props are there? Because you say so? Not good enough. Why is it that NO ONE ELSE on earth has done what Criss has? Coincidence? All other ' illusionists ' are simply willing to always let Criss be ' The Man " ? If that is all you can muster as evidence, the total LACK of proof, then how can you make sweeping statements that attempt to explain away all we see with such hard core proofs as ' smoke and mirrors '? That is your hard core evidence that Criss uses props: Saying it is so. That is not proof, that is conjecture based on nothing.

Conjecture based on nothing is what we call ' worthless ' viewpoints as they not only contribute nothing to the issues, but insult the rational examiner as well. I know that you will not present any proof or evidence because many before you have failed to do so and you will be no different; all we will hear is how silly we are to believe what we see despite the total lack of any evidence to the contrary. Imagine that.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Aren't you due another 'check up' eyewitness? Criss has no magical powers!

lool

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Why are you back at this? Did we not dismember your arguement enough last time? For those wishing to debate eyewitness, I suggest you look back in the VERY VERY VERY long thread before you do so.

You have been warned.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I was hoping we could all let sleeping dogs lye in this case. I dont know about you guys, but I have no real interest in rehashing the same crap once again. I spent a month or two doing it last year, and think we all have better things to do, and more important issues to discuss.

good to see you all in one place though

Happy new years guys.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

I for one will not be taking part again, I think we did all we could. Happy New Year as well.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I dont know if this video was posted yet, but i found it on digg.com

If Criss was for real, then why would he admit to his tactics and fakery.

media.putfile.com...

Speaks for itself... nothing paramormal going on here.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

criss angel must be the only magician you have ever seen, dozens of tv magicians have done the levitation trick to the same standards its a tv con david copperfield used to do the flying act where he would fly through the air into a glass box which was then covered yet he still floated inside, he was on wires the trick looked awesome but technology has improved so much the wires are like fishing wire, ive seen this trick revealed, if you believe criss angel to be real even thought the man himself has said he has no psychic abilities then you are on a path to believing any old tosh just to make your worldview as magical as possible i mean why bother with the truth unless it fits your picture of the world. If these tricks were even remotely possible naturally which they are not we would know about it, it wouldnt be up for debate it would be known

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Why are you back at this? Did we not dismember your arguement enough last time? For those wishing to debate eyewitness, I suggest you look back in the VERY VERY VERY long thread before you do so.

You have been warned.

WARNED? What a laugh!! Thats like having a 2 year old ' warn ' me..too silly!!

The ONLY thing dismembered last time was your illusions of having anything more than a guess..never any proof. I recall fully the utter lack of substance that you and others offer as evidence while we laugh at the absolute lack of anything at all to do with proving your point.

Funny how none of you examine what I say point by point and refute it...nom you never do. Only show videos of nonsense and guesswork.

Once again, please explain why no one but Criss does high levitations OFF of a stage. NO other ' illuisonist ' has EVER done high levitations in the open with witnesses filming...only Criss. But you will not discuss that FACT, will you? No, only hoping to slither back under the rock of ignorance and defeat clining to your imaginings while we hold fast to fact. Sad, really sad.

I make certain valid points, and they go ignored as you desperately try to find some way to justify beliving in things not seen. It is YOU who should be warned that if you try and debate ME, you will lose. Only the dull of reason could ignore the facts presented..you do not DARE to take me on!!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
The ONLY thing dismembered last time was your illusions of having anything more than a guess..never any proof. I recall fully the utter lack of substance that you and others offer as evidence while we laugh at the absolute lack of anything at all to do with proving your point.

At any given time, there were at most, 3 people (including yourself) that believed CA has a gift.

Funny how none of you examine what I say point by point and refute it...nom you never do. Only show videos of nonsense and guesswork.

Your memory must be fading. Going back through this thread, we went point by point over whatever video you posted, as well as whatever comment you felt compelled to make.

Once again, please explain why no one but Criss does high levitations OFF of a stage.

What is a magicians stage; a controlled environment.
What is controlled on a stage; the lighting, the angles, the props, the stage hands and witnesses.

Does Criss Angel have a stage; Yes, what the camera shows you is CA's stage. Everything you see on camera is controlled, from the people beside him, to the area around him, to the camera angles we see.

Its not that hard of a concept.

NO other ' illuisonist ' has EVER done high levitations in the open with witnesses filming...only Criss.

Witnesses film CA with HIS camera, afterwards, HIS production team works with the film ot produce what we see on TV.

Again, a simple concept, nothing magical about it.

No, only hoping to slither back under the rock of ignorance and defeat clining to your imaginings while we hold fast to fact.

The facts of this case are easy to see.
1) CA works in a controlled environment.
2) CA edits his work (you even admitted to this)
3) We cannot see how CA does his tricks

Those are the only FACTS we have. Everything after that is opinion counteropinion. evidence and counter-evidence.

Nothing you nor I have entered in this thread can be confirmed as fact. Stop branding your beliefs as the one true belief. You have confirmed nothing.

I make certain valid points, and they go ignored as you desperately try to find some way to justify beliving in things not seen.

Yea that sucks dont it. Kind of like how you brush aside the fact that in at least 2 seperate video's, you can see the same people/person in the crowd, and that person gets picked to help him preform a trick.

It is YOU who should be warned that if you try and debate ME, you will lose. Only the dull of reason could ignore the facts presented..you do not DARE to take me on!!

You present no facts, only evidence and opinion.

Once again, Im done with this thread.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Sorry you feel that way.

We have proven our points as much as they can be, you have provided no proofs whatsoever and we have in fact disproven statements you have made regarding CA.

I will not feed the fire anymore.

You have a nice life.

Again, those wishing to debate eyewitness86, you have been warned.

new topics

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join