It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Camera and editing effects and audience plants. Thats all it is.

link

Link

Link

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i dont mean to spark another heat here..i do believe none of Angel's tricks mystical, & dont believe he has a some sort supernatural power that shook the world..
but for those who haven't heard, those paranormal things can be learn & developed by proper training to accomplish some of angel's tricks. It requires hell of determination, energy & time consuming training, but its not something you learn for 10-20 years. It usually involved something called "breathing methods". I've witness my friends levitate, standing (not walking) on top of water, read my thoughts, uses his mind as a cell phone. Driving around blindfolded? i've seen too much of that! So if that can be done, what's so difficult to know what card you holding or what number you wrote on your palm.

/b

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beruddu

Many of us on the side dubbed "deniers" do not contest the ability to do things outside what is considered the norm. But rather our contention lies in the fact that Criss Angel is an illusionist, and he does not possess such abilities.

Anyways, this thread lasted along time without too many conessions from either side.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Just checking in ...
Are you guys gonna watch Criss on the new show Phenomenon, wednesday on NBC? It's a live broadcast.

He's given some interesting interviews about his role as judge on the show, alot of which relates to our debate on here. Promising to expose anyone who claim to possess powers or that talk to dead people (ghosts). Calling them "the lowest form of scum on the earth". Harsh words I guess, for those who believe differently.

I decided not to spend my time trying to figure out how he does his feats, illusions etc and just enjoy watching him. It seems pointless anyways, since he is more outspoken now on his views on the whole subject of the paranormal. Bit of an odd twist really, considering he makes his living promoting the paranormal! Or is this his grandest illusion?

There's also a new preview of the final episode on A&E where he invited fans who believe in ghosts to be on the show, and then he becomes possessed.

Cement Block will air tomorrow night.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
For those of you who claim his levitation trick is real...last night on Larry King he announced himself that he is a huge skeptic and doesn't believe in psychic phenomena.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee
For those of you who claim his levitation trick is real...last night on Larry King he announced himself that he is a huge skeptic and doesn't believe in psychic phenomena.

Some of the guys here will say that's just his cover, and he would be exploited if he was ever exposed for having the superhuman gifts that he actually has.

...regardless, here's is Criss saying, clear as day [around 2:55 or so]; "I do not believe that anybody has the ability to do anything that's supernatural."

There are some other good points brought up in the discussion as well. He has these powers yet he's doing card tricks? Come on, guys.

Yet, to some here, that won't be taken as concrete enough evidence to prove Criss Angel is a talented illusionist and nothing more. No disrespect to the guy, I think he's great at what he does, but it's INSANE to think that some believe he has actual superpowers. Laughable, really. The saddest part is that nothing you can present to them will allow them to think otherwise.

On top of that, as a person who would LOVE to be proven wrong and have something supernatural or something cryptozoological shown to be irrefutably genuine, it pains me to the core to see how gullible people can be. I read through this forum practically daily and most of the time I spend thinking "how can you believe that's real?" It encourages fraudulence and keeps these pranksters going, and it's a shame.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by TerminallyOdd]

[edit on 1-11-2007 by TerminallyOdd]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
CA said that any contestant who comes on the show "Phenomenon" claiming paranormal abilities will be busted (by him) on Live TV.

So here you have it and he also includes Uri in the challenge.

Pathetic performance of Jim the paranormalist and critique from Uri Geller & Criss

Uncensored version - just the altercation with CA

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Great battle between Jim and Criss on Phenomenon

I saw it when it happened on television.

I'd like to see the arrogant Criss Angel insult mediums and psychics more often. To ridicule the very principle that made him rich and famous in the first place.

For it marks the beginning of the end of Criss' edge as an illusionist.

His abilities, like that of Sai Baba - the textbook example of someone who has abused his Gifts over the years - will weaken as well.

And the inflated and overpaid Criss Angel will find himself to be no better than your typical stage illusionist in any given nightclub in Las Vegas

I would like to mirror what another poster stated in the Phenomenon forum about seeing Criss Angel perform that which he challenges Uri and Jim to do.

What goes around comes around.

Wonderful.

Keep it up Criss. Many of us want to see you fall.

And your arrogance and abuse will ensure that unfoldment of causality.

EDIT: Apparently there is a glitch in the program from the double post and from my inability to erase the first one or even edit it.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

His abilities, like that of Sai Baba - the textbook example of someone who has abused his Gifts over the years - will weaken as well.

And the inflated and overpaid Criss Angel will find himself to be no better than your typical stage illusionist in any given nightclub in Las Vegas

What if he is still able to preform his "high levitation" illusion in the same manner as before?

You seem so sure his power will fail him, but what if us deniers were right and he has no powers, and his ability to preform this illusion and others continues to amaze kids and adults in the future?

This seems a like a convieniant way out for the believers side.

What if CA eventually releases a video exposing his ability to preform high levitations as nothing but props, camrea angles, and video editing?

Would you then concede your side?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Paul, you do know that Criss Angel said himself that he does not believe in psychic phenomena on the Larry King show, don't you?

He's a great illusionist, but that's it. He does not demonstrate any psychic ability, nor does he believe in it.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

Paul Richard why the sudden back stabbing of CA? Because he called out someone? Maybe your belief in Sai Baba and CA was wrong in the first place. CA has never claimed and special abilities, you are the one who ascibed him with such gifts.

CA is still a very good performer. I look forward to his other ventures.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
What if he is still able to preform his "high levitation" illusion in the same manner as before?

What if Sai Baba is able to manifest food and jewelry like he did in the 1970s? Before his Gifts lessened from having abused the priviledge?

Causality. It happens all the time. No one is immune to it.

Not you, not me, not anyone.

You seem so sure his power will fail him...

You can bank on it

There is an old saying about not urinating in the well where one drinks.

...but what if us deniers were right and he has no powers, and his ability to preform this illusion and others continues to amaze kids and adults in the future?

I remember reading an account of a former devotee of Sai Baba. He noticed the look of anguish on Baba's face when he tried to manifest something, as he did many times in years gone by, and was unable to do so.

The wheels of karma grind slowly but unfailingly.

This seems a like a convieniant way out for the believers side.

I am my own person. I do not represent the other people in here who also embrace an illuminated perspective on Gifts of the Spirit. In some ways we agree, in some ways we do not. And I don't see how it is a "way out." It is merely what happens when someone with Gifts abuses and berates others will less powerful Gifts.

No one ever gets away with anything. It just appears to be the case in the short term perspective.

What if CA eventually releases a video exposing his ability to preform high levitations as nothing but props, camrea angles, and video editing?

I put that in the same fantasy category of those who believe that Jesus is due here any day now in order to conquer this world and rule for a thousand years.

Would you then concede your side?

Levitation can be faked electronically with sophisticated antigravity equipment. Like the flying humanoids (i.e., twisted Zetan-Greys) filmed in various places around the world - like Mexico.

Those who are wealthy are the first ones who would have access to that technology. Criss Angel did his levitations and teleportations BEFORE he became rich. It is what made him so.

Now that he is a multi-millionaire, it is possible that he could BUY the same equipment that the more innovative illusionists like David Copperfield use to fly around on stage, and then make a video "exposing the secrets of levitation."

Many illusionists, psychics, mediums, paranormalists, and metaphysicians would see through the attempted deception and manipulation. Just as many of us saw through Criss Angel's snow job of Penn Jillette in an interview.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Paul Richard why the sudden back stabbing of CA? Because he called out someone?

Because he berated someone who was sincere in his performance. Because he is a hypocrite.

Let us see him do what he challenged Uri and Jim do to.

Maybe your belief in Sai Baba and CA was wrong in the first place. CA has never claimed and special abilities, you are the one who ascibed him with such gifts.

Maybe you have done no research whatsoever on Sai Baba and are once again coming from a perspective of ignorance and prejudice.

What Criss Angel claims is irrelevant. He is not a truth seeker, he is not a researcher; he is just a common magician with Gifts. He is not a noble man and he is not someone that can be considered honest or trustworthy. Look at how he dresses
The man is a bum. The only reason why he is rich and popular is because of his Gifts.

I want to see him continue to berate sincere mediums, psychics, and lesser powerful telekinetics.

So Criss Angel’s Gifts can weaken.

Just as they did with Sai Baba of India.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Chris Angel is a textbook example of how fame can go to someones head. He actually lived in the town next to me, and his brother owns a music shop right there. I remember going in years ago (before mindfreak) and seeing his dvd's and wondering 'who the hell is this guy'. Then i saw him on mindfreak and i thought that he was really entertaining and it was a great show.

Now, watching mindfreak is almost like a soap opera with magic tricks.. he straighted his hair, put some highlights in it.. wears ridiculous amounts of jewelery, brags about his money, goes out with all the movie stars, and has a 'better than you' personality. I can't even watch the show anymore.. and i was a pretty big fan.

I would love to see him on phenomenon and have someone call him out. 'I bet you one million dollars of my personal money, that you cannot levitate right her, right now, standing in the spot you are in.'

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
You can bank on it

There is an old saying about not urinating in the well where one drinks.

Just passing by and saw this comment regarding his powers failing after he's come out and said what he said.

It seems like you're running out the back door tbh and covering your tracks.

You know what I mean. He's a proven illusionist and nothing more, so now your saying his magical powers are going to fail because he spoke out about certain matters.

He had none to start with! Haha some of you people.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hey guys, I took a break from this thread, but am back for a simple question here..
What is the scoop on Chriss angel and breaking into Copperfeilds warehouse?
I heard something about this, but didnt have time to catch the whole story or even begin to know whats going on with that..
Or is it even true?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I would love to see him on phenomenon and have someone call him out. 'I bet you one million dollars of my personal money, that you cannot levitate right her, right now, standing in the spot you are in.'

He doesn't claim to have superpowers. Making those claims is the job of some of the people here, for whatever reason. If you check out some of the earlier posts, there are audio clips of Criss himself saying he doesn't believe in the paranormal.

Someone calling him out would be a waste of time and would be defeating the purpose. He's just an illusionist and doesn't claim otherwise. It's magic - taking it for more than what it's worth is not Criss' problem, it's the viewer's problem.

...and I don't exactly disagree with you on the whole pretty boy, "holier than thou" persona that Criss takes on being annoying, but he's definitely good at what he does. I have to give credit where credit is due. Heck, he has people believing he actually does have superhuman powers. As a magician, that would be the ultimate compliment.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Methinks that there is some backtracking afoot. It's amazing what a month in rehab can do
Welcome back to reality

So at last CA is just an illusionist.

It will be good to see the "gifted ones" shown up on Phenomena

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
In case you missed; interviews with Uri, Criss then Jim after the "fight'

Highlights- Jim threatens to ruin Angel's career - Uri loves Criss - Criss says Uri may have to be outed next ....

The 3rd show is on tomorrow night (wednesday) and the million dollar challenge from Criss is extended to all remaining shows.

There's a few comedy vids being done too!
Love this one! Him falling off the chair is priceless

[edit on 7-11-2007 by violet]

[edit on 7-11-2007 by violet]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Paul_Richard

Paul Richard why the sudden back stabbing of CA? Because he called out someone? Maybe your belief in Sai Baba and CA was wrong in the first place. CA has never claimed and special abilities, you are the one who ascibed him with such gifts.

Totally agree!

I don't think his ship will be sinking anytime soon. He says in a Robin Leach interview he is expanding his empire for next season.

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join