It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Sorry guys I do not believe in Chi full stop.
In may years on this planet I have undertaken some east asian arts/skills/belief. From a bunch of Karate. Kung Fu, Wing Chun and rather the rather absurd Tai Chi / Qiqong and through most of it we were introduced to the bizzare concept of Chi. My final interest was with the nonsense of "Iron Shirt" Chi Kung. I learnt effectively that a lot of people believed the delusion of Chi but whatever you believe when a bloke twice your size and in peak physical condition spanks you one...it hurts, you fall, story over.

Chi and all its wonders did not stop Japan successfully invading China. Good old fashioned military hardware and tactics won the day. In turn it did not stop Atom bombs ending Japans hopes of world domination.

Throughout the Asiatic they are using western medicines (where allowed) to cure ailments. All the old fashioned stuff is effectively complementary like in the west. Where old medicine are still primary care, it is because belief or finance has kept it that way. In short Chi is bunk.

Psi balls etc are all delusional bunk. In my time I have seen no evidence of chi, so my cynical attitude towards it are based on life experiences. I have seen men lifted by wires but never seen them lifted by chi. It is as simple as that.

I believe that the faithful can want to believe too much. What gets me is that Chris Angel has said he has no special powers. So if CA has said that he has no powers but actually did, then that makes him a liar...therefore you can't accept anything from him or his actions as truth!! Sounds rational enough to me.

I think enough has been said here and on the Internet about CA and his magic or magick (whats in a spelling?) and possibilities and methods of creating the tricks. The fact is CA controls his output so a thorough debunking is difficult...but I feel it will happen.

It's like those old pictures of Yogis looking like they were levitating until people realised it was just a matter of filming them mid bounce (let guess guys the CA cult still believes they were flying?). That is the stage we are at now, people are putting things together...well some!!!

I have read both sides of the alleged "discussion" and I am not buying CA has magic or magick powers. He is just a well supported illusionist. If it were easy we would all be doing it and there would be no mystery...but I guess you cult guys would use that excuse as well??

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Hi Pavil,
1. US currency quarters are not attracted to magnets.

Try it sometime.

2. When Criss Angel did his "swallow the quarter and bring it down from the inside of his arm feat," he obtained that US quarter from a woman in the audience, i.e., it was not a trick quarter that was attracted to magnets

As for the magnetised coins, irregarless if he used this method or not;
Coins issued in one circulation year are not always made up of the same metal content as in others, and this includes US coins, and may or may not include US Quarters.

The woman in the audience was probably one of these Plants. Did you not see the videos I posted that clearly PROVE these people are NOT random and he HAS met them before?! Two seperate shows - same Spectator. There are more examples of him using the same people in seperate crowds.

I will mention this again, you are focusing too much on CA, continuous shots of him.
Where are the continuous shots of the spectators?
Pay closer attention to the person in the crowd he interacts with.

You heard him say it himself, i think in the penn & teller video I posted of him confirming this. He said in the hallway switch of people, he used twins. You also heard him say he does not have any powers.

In each show, there is always a hint that what he is doing is manipulating the mind. You just don't pick up on that.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Try some better examples, these were lame.

Originally posted by eyewitness86
Criss can cause objects to be duplicated from a mirror, we know that.
No he doesn't. He takea a palmed object from his right jacket pocket and seems to make it "appear" from the mirror. That one is as obvious of as a magic trick can be. Notice his right hand position before the trick. Why don't magicians ever do thing with their palms facing us the whole time? That would be novel.

Also, for those who may think that in the Hamburger video that the store placed a trick sign on the wall and that there was an assistant behind the wall feeding burgers thru the wall to Cyril and then somehow getting the correct BLANK picture outlines on the board, one of which shows the BITE TAKEN OUT, you are deluded and deceived. Cyril simply has the ability,

I'll give you that is is an impressive trick, but staged nonetheless. Just to play devils advocate though, is Cyril just changing the form of mass or actually creating the mass? Simple enough question to answer.

First the fish
Ummm, I'm really not following you here. You are actually claiming that not only did Cryil rejoin a quarterd fish that he also "raised" it from the dead? Wow. You shocked even me with that claim.

I see nothing in that video that cannot be explained by some one with a really good sleight of hand skills. You are really stretching your beliefs on this one.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
well i found a video on youtube where he got caught using mirrors

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hi Eyewitness86,

My question, primarily to PR: How does a group entity manage to reverse death? What is the mechanism by which the combined powers of these discarnate entities allow for what we see/ I am curious to be sure!!

Large Group Entities do this by healing the damaged body and re-inserting an animal spirit that wants to incarnate. Granted, not all animals and most insects have souls as we understand it. Group Entities are somewhat limited in their ability to re-animate matter and they cannot create souls.

David Blaine has temporarily taken the head off of a chicken and then re-connected it. Chickens can function for a while without their brains because they have a very basic neurological system. Blaine has also revived a dead bird in a park - which sort of freaked out a pet bird that was in attendance. Note that whether it is fish, chickens, or birds, they are all relatively simple biological organisms

Remember the biblical miracle about Jesus producing many fish in order to provide food for his disciples?

Same idea.

Although Issa's Group Entity or discarnate community was much larger than that of Criss Angel, Cyril Takayama, and John of God.

Criss can cause objects to be duplicated from a mirror, we know that. And elements have been created or exchanged in some events, but in the case of the fish, Cyril is literally reversing the process; he tears the fish into quarters, then puts it back together, and then from nowhere creates a head and brings it to life! Do the entities have the ability to ' simply ' reverse the natural and already occured events, or can they literally defeat death in the normal sense?

Again, most fish are relatively simple biological organisms and it is not something that is beyond large Group Entities to re-animate them. I don't think you will see them do that with dolphins or killer whales.

Could a human be given the same benefits that we see the fish get?

You mean...can someone who is clinically dead be brought back to life by the energies of a large Group Entity?

Yes. It happens on rare occasions. But only if the body is not beyond relatively simple repair and in one piece.

A good example of this is the story of Dannion Brinkley. He was on the phone in 1975 during a thunderstorm. Lightning came through the phone wires and electrocuted him. Paramedics came and he was declared legally dead in the ER. However, he eventually "came back" in the morgue, couldn't move his arms or legs, and blew up at the sheet to get someone's attention.

There were more than twelve beings involved. The twelve that he saw in a City of Light on the fourth astral plane were only figureheads or leaders of the large Group Entity that brought him back and showed him some probable futures.

If Dannion Brinkley's body was completely destroyed or incinerated - as in a nuclear explosion at ground zero - they would not have been able to re-animate his body. Granted, it took Dannion a long time of rehabilitation before he could walk and feed himself again.

The same principle applies to Derren Brown, David Blaine, Cyril Takayama, John of God, and Criss Angel. Once their bodies are beyond relatively simple repair or completely destroyed, no large Group Entity will be able to grant them a Near Death Experience and return them to the flesh

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
As for the magnetised coins, irregarless if he used this method or not;
Coins issued in one circulation year are not always made up of the same metal content as in others, and this includes US coins, and may or may not include US Quarters.

Try all of the US quarters you think would work with a magnet and get back to us if you find any that do.

I have yet to see a recent one that does.

The woman in the audience was probably one of these Plants. Did you not see the videos I posted that clearly PROVE these people are NOT random and he HAS met them before?! Two seperate shows - same Spectator. There are more examples of him using the same people in seperate crowds.

Back to the paid-off witness argument.

Not everyone can possibly be paid off.

There are simply too many witnesses on too many of his shows. I would consider that explanation if he had one or two shows and it was evident that he used the same people over and over again. But just because you found some of the same spectators does not necessary mean that they were paid off. They could simply be adoring fans that wanted to catch more than one show.

I will mention this again, you are focusing too much on CA, continuous shots of him.
Where are the continuous shots of the spectators?
Pay closer attention to the person in the crowd he interacts with.

It is reasonable to assume that his film crew doesn't focus on the spectators simply because the show is about Criss Angel and his feats. But that is an interesting idea. Perhaps you should get a video camera, go to one of his performances, and get back to us on what you find out on film.

Yes...by all means, see one of his shows in-person.

You heard him say it himself, i think in the penn & teller video I posted of him confirming this. He said in the hallway switch of people, he used twins. You also heard him say he does not have any powers.

Granted, as stated many times before, Criss Angel performs illusions too.

However, in that particular feat, I concluded that he cleverly deceived Penn and Teller. Actually, he has lied to them in a number of ways. It is easy to say that you have no Gifts or powers to people who don't believe in such things. As I also stated before, he played Penn like the fool (of prejudice) that Penn is. They all had a good time and Criss Angel continues to laugh all the way to the bank and date celebrities.

In each show, there is always a hint that what he is doing is manipulating the mind. You just don't pick up on that.

I was a certified Hypnotherapist and know what can and cannot be done with auto-suggestions and post-hypnotic suggestions. Derren Brown and Criss Angel go way beyond stage hypnotism with the energies they channel.

Like for example, when Criss Angel had flyers printed up and had people look at them at a restaurant and also on the street. Many, if not most or all, looked at them and immediately fell to the ground asleep...or rather, knocked out.

Hypnosis cannot accomplish that

Not even in the most ideal conditions

These people would make great federal agents and international spies. But I doubt - as I am sure they do - that the pay would be the same.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Great videos on Cyril Takayama Eyewitness86

The second one made me laugh out loud.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

2. When Criss Angel did his "swallow the quarter and bring it down from the inside of his arm feat," he obtained that US quarter from a woman in the audience, i.e., it was not a trick quarter that was attracted to magnets

OK, First, he did not swallow that Woman's quarter. He just put it in his mouth. Even if you can levitate for real, you don't swallow quarters routinely like that and not become ill.

Second, the quarter that he moved down his arm was a duplicate quarter and he palmed the woman's quarter.

Instead of seeing one trick, consider that it's actually five tricks combined.
1. puts quarter in mouth pretends to swallow with much gusto;
2. palms that coin later;
3. uses a latex appliance;
4. uses a spring driven reel hidden in the watch;
5. switches a palmed coin with another.

While the quarter is in his mouth he can actually break a small fake capsule of the 'magician's blood' with his teeth and cover the coin with it, so when he switches it with the 'cut open' coin, it's already bloody.

You can go to any magic store and buy:
1. all manner of fake or magnetic or hollow, or whatever coins.
2. you can buy latex skin replete with hair.
3. you can buy a 'magician's wire' and reel;
4. fake blood (in a variety of consistencies)

If you have Criss Angel's budget, then you can get the Really, Really good versions of these tricks and hire a makeup artist to apply the latex, etc.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

During the street magic part, he does that thing where he rips a newspaper into pieces, and then he puts it all back together. The girl in the crowd (long dark hair, Hispanic looking) is the one he interacts with, and she at some point holds the paper, he kisses & flirts with her. and she acts all amazed, etc.

This girl is the SAME girl who was shown as a "Loyal" fan along with all his other fans, on last week's Naked Escape. She was also the main focus of the random crowd in this Naked Episode, going into the cell with him.

Nice find. The Gloria girl is the one with the black shirt and the silver stripe right? Sure does look like the same person. I see the two experts from the other side gave you no real explanation for it I noticed.

Lets see if we can find more Duplicate "random" people in the crowds. Especially those that interact with CA in any way.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Try all of the US quarters you think would work with a magnet and get back to us if you find any that do.

Back to the paid-off witness argument.
Not everyone can possibly be paid off.
There are simply too many witnesses on too many of his shows. I would consider that explanation if he had one or two shows and it was evident that he used the same people over and over again. But just because you found some of the same spectators does not necessary mean that they were paid off. They could simply be adoring fans that wanted to catch more than one show.

Like for example, when Criss Angel had flyers printed up and had people look at them at a restaurant and also on the street. Many, if not most or all, looked at them and immediately fell to the ground asleep...or rather, knocked out.

Sorry I can't answer quote by quote (using netscape). I hope I don't get a large quote notice, I tried to edit the quote to be shorter.
To answer each point;

Coins:
Fair enough, if I find a US quarter that is magnetic, I'll let you know. But it doesn't matter anyways, because the quarter was a prop, and the spectator the "assistant". Or whatever you want to call them, paid or not.

Flyer:
You have to be kidding me about the flyer!
How come this flyer, when handed out on the street, sent people dropping to the ground immediately. But, when placed on the restaurant table, you mean to tell me that not one person started looking at it whilst waiting for him to tell them to? Shouldn't some of these impatient people have fell off their chairs upon the sight of it?

Did they all come into the place & all order their food at the same time?

How convenient the camera just happens to be trained on the first person to fall off their chair! Are you missing these 'expected" camera shots all the time or what?

Same Spectator:
I will agree fans often follow a celebrity around, but in this case it is evident she is in on it. The videos I posted chop off the rest of the interaction with this "fan".

As for your reasoning that not all the witnesses can be paid off. Absolutely, I agree! Like the newspaper trick for example, the crowd will see it as we do, he makes the paper whole again. They don't notice the girl helping him. That's what magicians do, and it is all very good entertainment.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by violet]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Nice find. The Gloria girl is the one with the black shirt and the silver stripe right? Sure does look like the same person. I see the two experts from the other side gave you no real explanation for it I noticed.

Lets see if we can find more Duplicate "random" people in the crowds. Especially those that interact with CA in any way.

Thanks. As usual the believers ask for this "proof", but deny it when it is presented to them.
Yes she has a black t-shirt. these vids don't show all of her scenes, and are poor quality.

Apparantly there is a couple, one man named Bob, who also appeared on more than one show.

I don't quite get why he would use the same people, when we can check on this. Maybe he wants to be "caught", seems so anyways! I've tried to find a list of credits for these episodes, but no luck. I don't have the DVD to check. I want to get his DVD, I do like his show very much.

Here are Screen Caps of the newspaper trick: Episode: Secret Cabaret. It says it's an Official Site. There are loads of other screen caps of the shows on this site for reference.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Just watched DB on the TV again.

Paul Richard, you are a Hypnotherapist and you mean to tell me you don't see the control he puts on the person he Chi-hits? "You feel this" He tells them each time, and once they are hit he does a release on them identical each time. I am curious to your comments on this one. It's more hypnotism and conditioning than Chi-TK punching.

Watch the whole routine BD does, he is good. I especially like his word "slips" that you barely catch since he is jabbering so quickly. Listen for them they aren't accidents or slips of the tongue. His use of words is tremendous.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Quick ! Pick a number between 12 and 5.

Ok, another thing I've been noticing:

Whenever he is instructing these RANDOM participants he needs for his tricks, they are too quick to to start doing what he says, BEFORE he's even finished saying it! He never has to repeat any of the instructions.

For instance he may say pick a card, or draw a picture, or rip this, drop that, etc. He hasn't even said what they are to do next, yet there they are doing all these things before the cue. It really does seem they are in on it, and have been rehearsing. Or are they just psychic?! Did you pick seven?

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
This "discussion" thread is getting funnier!!

Now the messiah can raise the dead raotflmao!! I am sure that this thread is becoming a psychological study into delusion. Guys do you really believe he can raise the dead...all be it a fish?
I think that says more about your case than any argument the deniers can come up with.

Regarding magnetised coinage, sirs they are props its as simple as that, that's what prop-makers / trick-makers do they make props. !Oooh it looks real!, well it would be kind of lame to get a piece of rusty circular iron and claim that it is a coin!!

If you people cannot understand the concept of props, plants and misdirection, how the hell do you exist day to day without getting fleeced by conmen....ah maybe that is the point!!

From what I can see Dannion Brinkley is just a lucky near death experiencer who is making money from his experience. NDE happen all the time throughout the world, saying twelve beings from the city of light on the fourth astral plane is meaningless drivel imho. Yous brain chemistry is doing weird things to your reality at NDE. Read up on it!! Either way it is not the same as cutting up a fish and breathing new life into it.

The concept of plant seems to be hard for the cult believers to accept. I believe that the Gloria girl is one and the same. Doubtless you will see others over time. In this day and age these people are not on the illusionists payroll...they don't need any real skill for their part in the tricks...a pretty average actor would probably do.

I agree with comments here that the plants react too confidently to requests. Really how many here would pick up what was needed from you at first request...unless all his audiences are psychic and telepathic
They are just plants, look at the way they act!! Plants have been in entertainment for years, I can remember David Bowie dragging a shy and embarrassed girl from the audience. Her reactions were the typical "Oh no not me, I'm embarrassed, please don't". Then she went on to perform perfect dance moves in sequence to his music. Turns out she was a dancer employed for the tour.

Its all smoke and mirrors as they say, nothing paranormal. You could take any of the magicians today take them back a couple of hundred years and they would believe that it was for real, CA was a sorcerer. Go back even further and they would have burnt him at the stake. CA is no more in possession of mystical powers than Harry Potter...hold let me guess you guys think he's real too?

The Chi hits thing is hilarious. A few years ago I attended many courses on many diverse subjects. One was a similar technique to the Chi hit. Basically you prime the subject as to what to expect, they closed their eyes you perform the task, they fall back. It is all power of suggestion, that's all. The guy doing the course had people on the balcony of a shopping centre trying out there "skills" and convinced them that they were actually pushing people. It was a crowded Mall and he was saying things like "Watch the man in the dark jacket carrying a plastic bag!!". The gullible members could see the target wobble, I could not. When I said I didn't see him stumble the tutor said "You were probably looking at the wrong man!!" ...I said "What all the time?" the Tutor just smiled.

I think that illusionists need a percentage of really gullible people to make the illusion work. They also need plants and assistants. Someone mentioned why use the same ones? Well fact is a trick is trick. Even if they done some of the tricks with a proper assistant we would still be thinking "How?". To be honest I don't think that the illusionists think that people are gonna be sad enough to look at every single frame of footage, no offence intended. Besides, a slight change in make-up or hair and they are anonymous again. Could be that he likes to leave clues for other illusionists out there..so they can admire his skill.

2 cents.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
OK, First, he did not swallow that Woman's quarter. He just put it in his mouth. Even if you can levitate for real, you don't swallow quarters routinely like that and not become ill.

Your lack of education is indeed hilarious.

Ever hear of the word fakir?

They do that sort of thing all the time and do not become sick in the process. Not a Gift of the Spirit, it is achieved through years of yogic conditioning, a form of advanced physical discipline. Fakirs can lower their heart rate, pierce their skin without bleeding, and feel no pain or become ill in the process.

David Blaine also has that ability and you will note that both Criss Angel and Blaine have done similar swallow feats.

Most people find pulling things out of one's stomach to be gross.

I'd rather concentrate on the teleportations, materializations, and levitations.

Originally posted by Badge01
Second, the quarter that he moved down his arm was a duplicate quarter and he palmed the woman's quarter.

If that be the case, then he would not have been able to pull out the same quarter - that she put her initials on - from his arm

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

To answer each point;

Coins:
Fair enough, if I find a US quarter that is magnetic, I'll let you know. But it doesn't matter anyways, because the quarter was a prop, and the spectator the "assistant". Or whatever you want to call them, paid or not.

Now we are back to everyone being paid-off accomplices.

That is simply not true.

Flyer:
You have to be kidding me about the flyer!
How come this flyer, when handed out on the street, sent people dropping to the ground immediately. But, when placed on the restaurant table, you mean to tell me that not one person started looking at it whilst waiting for him to tell them to? Shouldn't some of these impatient people have fell off their chairs upon the sight of it?

BINGO

That is EXACTLY the point.

Let's hear it for Violet's stupendous observation and reasoning ability

The very fact that the energies surrounding Criss Angel dictated WHEN the people would drop like flies - even when the flyer was CLEARLY VISIBLE before Criss Angel spoke to the crowd in the restaurant - indicates that much more occurred than just hypnosis. It worked precisely when Angel signaled it to happen because it was a form of TELEPATHIC MANIPULATION.

How convenient the camera just happens to be trained on the first person to fall off their chair! Are you missing these 'expected" camera shots all the time or what?

They probably had a number of cameras going and simply edited the footage for effect. Secondly, it wasn't that big a restaurant in the first place.

Same Spectator:
I will agree fans often follow a celebrity around, but in this case it is evident she is in on it. The videos I posted chop off the rest of the interaction with this "fan".

That is not substantial evidence.

As for your reasoning that not all the witnesses can be paid off. Absolutely, I agree! Like the newspaper trick for example, the crowd will see it as we do, he makes the paper whole again. They don't notice the girl helping him. That's what magicians do, and it is all very good entertainment.

I'm not sure which feat you are referring to, but I would rather address his telekinetic ability and not his illusions. And, by what you describe, it may have been an illusion.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Paul Richard, you are a Hypnotherapist and you mean to tell me you don't see the control he puts on the person he Chi-hits? "You feel this" He tells them each time, and once they are hit he does a release on them identical each time. I am curious to your comments on this one. It's more hypnotism and conditioning than Chi-TK punching.

There have been a number of incidents, demonstrated on video, whereby he takes a young woman from the crowd, barely talks to her, and she goes completely under in literally seconds. He did this with a number of women that he levitated - one in a park and one on a city sidewalk. That kind of effect can only be done with telepathic manipulation. Putting someone down to even a light state takes a while. Criss Angel puts them down into a deep state and does so in seconds. Hypnosis simply doesn't work that way.

Watch the whole routine BD does, he is good. I especially like his word "slips" that you barely catch since he is jabbering so quickly. Listen for them they aren't accidents or slips of the tongue. His use of words is tremendous.

Words are much more powerful when there is energy behind them, such as that which channels through and around people like Criss Angel.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoToTheLight
This "discussion" thread is getting funnier!!

Now the messiah can raise the dead raotflmao!! I am sure that this thread is becoming a psychological study into delusion. Guys do you really believe he can raise the dead...all be it a fish?
I think that says more about your case than any argument the deniers can come up with.

I guess that rules out you believing any of the miracles attributed to saints and prophets for time immemorial.

Regarding magnetised coinage, sirs they are props its as simple as that, that's what prop-makers / trick-makers do they make props. !Oooh it looks real!, well it would be kind of lame to get a piece of rusty circular iron and claim that it is a coin!!

Even if the US quarter was magnetized, which is unlikely, to actually get it to move down the inside of an arm is nearly impossible
The magnetic strength would have to be immense and electrically plugged in somewhere.

If you people cannot understand the concept of props, plants and misdirection, how the hell do you exist day to day without getting fleeced by conmen....ah maybe that is the point!!

The only people being conned here are those who are too blind to see that Criss Angel and others have a genuine Gift of Chi-Telekinesis which they occasionally use in addition to their illusions.

From what I can see Dannion Brinkley is just a lucky near death experiencer who is making money from his experience. NDE happen all the time throughout the world...

Well now...that is a surprise.

You acknowledge the fact that there are many NDE's that occur around the world.

Perhaps there is hope for you after all.

...saying twelve beings from the city of light...

That is straight from Dannion Brinkley's testimony. Try reading it.

on the fourth astral plane...

That is derived from my research on the subject.

I think that illusionists need a percentage of really gullible people to make the illusion work. They also need plants and assistants. Someone mentioned why use the same ones? Well fact is a trick is trick. Even if they done some of the tricks with a proper assistant we would still be thinking "How?". To be honest I don't think that the illusionists think that people are gonna be sad enough to look at every single frame of footage, no offence intended. Besides, a slight change in make-up or hair and they are anonymous again. Could be that he likes to leave clues for other illusionists out there..so they can admire his skill.

If that be the case, then magicians much older than Criss Angel, who have been in the business for decades longer, would have performed the same street magick, have had their own television series, and also be able to claim that they have more television airtime than any magician or illusionist in history - just as Criss Angel claims now.

Apparently, it isn't just plants and assistants, or it would have all been done long before Criss Angel ever grew up and became extremely successful

Now explain to us how Criss Angel does his high levitations without props, paid-off witnesses, and camera editing.

Then you can go on to explain how he does all his teleporations.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

Umm I was referring to DB and his touch less punches, why are you bringing up CA? You didn't comment on his demeanor and words in relation to Hypnotism.

Also in relation to the coin traveling down the arm, you are correct there is not magnet involved to the best of my knowledge. As someone else posted, the version I enquired about used a winding string/line system for the coin to travel. Magnets would be impractical for that trick as the line/winding mechanism is easier and more reliable.

Still no comment on my seeing the exact same trick albeit from the forearm down, TWICE. Did that magician have the "gift" too? As i've stated, it looked exactly like CA's version just from the forearm down. The cut was at the same spot, it looked the same, the blood or lack of it, was the same, he wore something on his wrist, which most magicians don't as a rule, remember the "nothing up my sleeves speech". He miraculously stopped bleeding right after the cut, no pulsing of blood. It was for all intents and purpose the same trick.

[edit on 27-8-2007 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 27 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Umm I was referring to DB and his touch less punches, why are you bringing up CA? You didn't comment on his demeanor and words in relation to Hypnotism.

Best to just spell the man's name out next time. Who are we to know who BD is?

Why am I bringing up Criss Angel?

Could it have something to do with this thread being about him?

Both Derren Brown and Criss Angel have telepathic manipulation ability. And I wouldn't put it past the latter to be able to duplicate the former's Chi "touchless" punch.

What a horrible thing to do to somebody.

I would prefer telekinetics perform feats that don't hurt people, like Cyril's burger materializations.

Most impressive

It is quite hard to palm those burger sandwiches from one's sleeves - especially when Cyril has no sleeves with which to hide them

Also in relation to the coin traveling down the arm, you are correct there is not magnet involved to the best of my knowledge. As someone else posted, the version I enquired about used a winding string/line system for the coin to travel. Magnets would be impractical for that trick as the line/winding mechanism is easier and more reliable.

Well, I'm glad that we can at least agree that a magnet would not be plausible.

However, in addition to not buying the ludicrous latex arm-skin idea, a string inside Criss Angel's arm without any visible opening or string on the outside - even when the coin is cut out of his arm - is also not a reasonable explanation.

By the way, like Cyril Takayama, Criss Angel also performs materialization feats of pictures, drawings, and paintings while also not wearing any sleeves.

I'd also like to relay a well-known story about the golden age of Satya Sai Baba that occurred decades ago. Hundreds, even thousands of pilgrims would visit his ashram in India on a daily basis. One of the reported miracles would pertain to a bowl of rice that was passed around the congregation, with people taking a handful in the process. Legend has it that the bowl would never empty.

Another incident I remember reading about, which also happened many years ago, was when Sai Baba decided to go for a walk with his entourage and informed his chef not to prepare dinner. The chef went with them and no caterer or food delivery service was contacted. When they all got back to the ashram, there was steaming hot food in the cafeteria-style aluminum containers

new topics

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join