It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Also, even if it is not against the rules, it is rude and contravening the intent of the system to post for others that are on ignore. I have a few people on ignore because they ALWAYS AND HABITUALLY contribute NOTHING to the debate except spurious and empty nonsense.

Nitpicking distractions and invalid assumptions degrade the quality of the debate and so posting for those who have nothing but the same old false assumptions and worthless admonitions is not doing this subject any favors. As soon as I see Pavils name, just like IgnorantApes, I know automatically that it is going to be empty of content and distracting to the issues at hand. Worthless to the max. Also, those who have personally insulted me have shown that they are incapable of reasoned debate and are only trying to convince with allegations and suppositions that have NO basis in reality.

I ask for detailed and likley answers to the questions posed and what do I get? More silly nonsense that does NOT pertain to the subject or the reality we are seeing. That says a lot in itself about the denier's state of mind and their utter lack of evidence to the contrary. Cannot anyone answer my request? Look back at my questions above and answer them, if you can without looking like a desperate and shallow naysayer only interested in promulgating spurious and ridiculous assumptions not based on ANY factual evidence whatsoever.

I am waiting..and waiting..Just saying " I don't know how he does it " is a telling and obvious remark: it demonstrates perfectly what I have been saying all along: Those who are content to believe that Criss and Cyril and so much more intelligent and slick than they can even conceive of; amazing. They admit they cannot imagine a way that it could be done, and yet still cling to the belief that it is all a trick!! Stunning admission. It means that you are saying " Since I refuse to believe the obvious, I will believe the most far flung excuses rather than the plain and clear evidence". If you are moderately intelligent and you cannot figure out how it could have been done, doesn't that give you even a tiny bit of curiosity as to how it was actually accomplished?

That curiosity would lead the normally inquiring mind to several conclusions, all of which seem to evaporate when a deniers studies them!! The conclusion is that the props are so slick that they cannot be determined and yet the deniers are contant to stop there are maintain their denials despite that lack. It is classic denial, against all evidence, against all odds, against all common sense and historical facts; despite all of the witnesses, all of the films, all of the years of performing, still the deniers will not open up their minds and eyes to the obvious.

OK, now can someone please tell me exactly why a person should accept the denier's suppositions? Based upon what? Relying on what? Give me some intelligent replies or admit like the poster above that you are stumped, and that your being stumped does NOT mean that we should accept your views seing as how you cannot even comprehend how it is done, if it is indeed a fake. Answer my qiestions in depth and in detail please as to how this was done.

And please do not allude to the ridiculous; cards that are handed off to someone, even though no proof of this exists; coins that find themselves in between the glass, inside the glass, stuck in the table..explain this..BUT PLEASE at least do not make assertions that fly in the face of the video's..you so far are assuming things that are refuted totally by the evidence presented.

I am waiting to hear these profound and LIKELY answers to my specific questions posed above. Nail it down and answer it directly please with no more sidstepping and silly assumptions not even possible under the conditions shown. that should be easy for people as aware and savvy as you denier's, after all, if we are so stupid and so easily fooled, you should be able to convinve us pretty easily..IF you can come up with something at least as likley as believing that what we see is what we get. Thanks for your detailed and intelligent replies that directly answer the questions posed above. All others will be seen for what they are; empty and distracting silliness not supported by ANY evidence whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
EYEWITNESS86 :

your dishonesty has strayed beyond the pale

you have zero interest in the facts , all that matters to you is your subscrition to the tennants of " the cult of criss angel "

you were given a perfectly viable mechanism for how the coin appeared to move down mr angel's arm [ the mechanical / clockwerk winder hidden in the wrist band ]

but predictably you failed to address this - and instead embarked on a silly straweman rebuitall . discussing " strings being pulled by accomplices "

address the rebuttals as stated - not your fantasy strawmen

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
... I have a few people on ignore because they ALWAYS AND HABITUALLY contribute NOTHING to the debate except spurious and empty nonsense.
....As soon as I see Pavils name, just like IgnorantApes, I know automatically that it is going to be empty of content and distracting to the issues at hand. Worthless to the max. Also, those who have personally insulted me have shown that they are incapable of reasoned debate and are only trying to convince with allegations and suppositions that have NO basis in reality.

Wow, I really must have stuck a raw nerve with him. Again I will let others judge who is empty of content and are personally or in general insulting other posters more.

Eyewitness has no other evidence other than the video record portrayed by the magicians themselves and I am the one DENYING IGNORANCE!

Too funny.

It is classic denial, against all evidence, against all odds, against all common sense and historical facts; despite all of the witnesses, all of the films, all of the years of performing, still the deniers will not open up their minds and eyes to the obvious.

I am the one in denial after TWICE trying to tell him that I have witnessed the EXACT same trick involving the "coin in the arm"? It leaves me almost speechless. To further state that these magicians don't use "sleight of hand" in their acts is trully closing shutting your eyes to the reality around you.

And please do not allude to the ridiculous; cards that are handed off to someone, even though no proof of this exists; coins that find themselves in between the glass, inside the glass, stuck in the table..explain this..BUT PLEASE at least do not make assertions that fly in the face of the video's..you so far are assuming things that are refuted totally by the evidence presented.

The probability of Cyril palming the card and passing it to an assistant at about 4:03 in the video is very high. What is the rational explanation for his hand movement at that time? Look at the video yourself and judge. Right after that he gives the Sharpie to someone in the same spot.

Eyewitnesses logic baffles me, if it is the video, it must be gospel truth and nothing else can be considered. He basically will not let you argue anything that flies in the face of the video evidence, which is not really even evidence as it is made by the Magician in question.

To jump from "I am not sure" how a trick is done and to leap to "It must be a Gift that only a few have and even then has never been scientifically documented' is quite of leap in logic.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
To conclude, IMHO he is a troll that takes up a lot of good ATS peoples time and efforts...just to bring his own twisted agenda into each and every post.

I will hit that ignore button in front of this guys name today...I encourage you to do the same...

Over and out,
K

[edit on 23-8-2007 by kickass]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hi Eyewitness86,

Excellent video clips of Cyril Takayama demonstrating his Gift of Chi-Telekinesis.

You may not have caught it, but on a recent Mindfreak episode Criss Angel put his arm through a vending machine window, much like when Cyril put his arm through the glass of an aquarium.

As I have stated many times, some of what Criss Angel does is an illusion and some of what he does is from a Gift. However, having a Gift of Chi-Telekinesis does not signify that Criss Angel is highly evolved. Paramahansa Yogananda, who wrote Autobiography of a Yogi, said that he knew of a man who could manifest flowers but that it was not indicative of spiritual attainment. This principle applies to basically everyone who has a powerful Gift, be they Criss Angel, David Blaine, Derren Brown, Uri Geller, Cyril Takayama, Sai Baba, etc.

So just because we espouse that Criss Angel has a Gift does not mean that we consider him to be some sort of messianic figure or spiritual master. Far from it. But to deny that he has a Gift of Chi-Telekinesis - which he uses with some of his feats - is not being accurate and progressive in our conclusions either

One must be educated enough to know that certain people have a powerful Gift of the Spirit while also being wise enough to know that having a powerful Gift does not by itself indicate spiritual attainment.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
To remove all doubts about Criss Angel, why not listen to him say it himself - he has no powers.

Here's an interview by Penn Jillette of Penn&Teller fame with Criss Angel:

This may have already been posted but I couldn't find it in this thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ya its been posted a few times.

The believers say that Criss is cleverly using a play of words. You see, his powers arent super human or supernatural. So when he says he doesnt have them, hes telling the truth because they are not above normal human development.

Or something to that effect.

Edit to add: It boggles the mind really. They take the vids of CA doing his illusions at face value and assume that because they cant see the prop, they're are none. But when CA tells it like it is (no abilities) they say he's being coy.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
when i first saw it i was a bit naive, i could figure out possible explanations for some of the simple things, but for most i couldnt.

so i am not going to say i totally thought he had powers, i just thought he was a weird guy that could do weird stuff. i guess his image adds to his allure. but then i read some stuff online that explained more of his tricks, and saw on video the things that gave the tricks away.

theres obviously heavy editing to the film .. thats his secret, lol, that and the people watching as well as the people involved in any said trick are paid actors, or volunteer actors thus not officially actors, aha you see .. right there they can "truthfully" say they dont 'hire actors', bam. also, these volunteers or actors rehearse too.

I have no proof to back up any of that, just logical conclusion.

the only time the crowd is 'totally 100% not hired or volunteers' is when its a trick criss can pull off without any crowd assistance/insiders (you know, like the amputee girl that they used for the pull-apart girl trick where she crawled away on just her arms through the park like an imbecile. some of the quickies he does inbetween the segments on his show are done w/no insiders in the crowd acting or anything though.

overall i must say i am a fan of his show.

[edit on 8/23/2007 by runetang]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
The believers say that Criss is cleverly using a play of words.

Quite so.

Although I wouldn't label us "believers." Analysts who have concluded that he has a Gift of the Spirit which he occasionally uses in addition to performing illusions, is a better way of putting it.

You see, his powers arent super human or supernatural. So when he says he doesnt have them, hes telling the truth because they are not above normal human development.

It all depends on one's definitions. I avoid using terms like "superhuman" and "supernatural." Neither are applicable. Criss Angel, like many people throughout history - from the prophet Moses all the way up to Uri Geller and Sai Baba - simply has a Gift of Chi-Telekinesis. It appears that his Gift is more powerful than any other at present, with the probable exception of John of God in Brazil - something I have also mentioned before.

Edit to add: It boggles the mind really. They take the vids of CA doing his illusions at face value and assume that because they cant see the prop, they're are none. But when CA tells it like it is (no abilities) they say he's being coy.

Nothing is taken at face value

Discrimination is the key.

This situation is much like you debating people who are close-minded about astral projection, which has happened to you, and trying to convince them that it actually happens and is not just a fantasy.

Same idea.

When you have experience with telekinesis and related, and you have been around people with a Gift of Chi-Telekinesis before (as I have), and you have learned to discriminate between illusionists and someone who does have a Gift, it is very hard to persuade those who have little or no experience with the subject at hand that Chi Gifts are valid.

But there is more to it than that.

First, there are all those witnesses, numbering in the hundreds if not thousands. None of which have come forward, even anonymously, to claim that they were paid off to lie about ANY of Criss Angel's feats.

You can get a detailed explanation online of how David Copperfield tricked an audience into thinking that the Statue of Liberty disappeared, but you can't get ONE person to testify that all of Criss Angel's tricks are just illusions.

I mean...come on.

The laws of probability favor Criss Angel having a Gift, especially if one knows of the possibility in the first place.

Furthermore, there is also the fact that veteran illusionists decades older than Criss Angel - like the late Harry Blackstone Jr. for example - who were well-known before Angel ever entered the spotlight, never attempted ANY of the more outlandish feats that Criss Angel has done. Like his numerous levitations and teleportations outside of a magician's stage. This is not because veteran magicians like David Copperfield and Harry Blackstone were not creative or unmotivated. It was and is because they cannot duplicate Criss Angel's more impressive feats precisely because they do not have a Gift of Chi-Telekinesis

What all the skeptics need to do is first go out and find someone with a Gift of Chi-Telekinesis and validate that it exists in the first place. Then they will have a frame of reference with which to determine if others also have a Gift.

Without that initial education, they will never be able to tell the difference between a telekinetic and just a good illusionist.

Which is a big stumbling block for various skeptics in this and related threads.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
the only time the crowd is 'totally 100% not hired or volunteers' is when its a trick criss can pull off without any crowd assistance/insiders. some of the quickies he does inbetween the segments on his show.

I think that it is very telling that we never hear from someone who was actually at the building to building, Luxor Atrium, Golf Course or supposedly indoor "high levitation's" or the Freemont levitation. Why is there no record of their opinions and comments other than the Mindfreak Show? Surely such a great spectacle that they have supposedly seen would have left a lasting impression on them that they would want to tell others about? I know I would be telling everyone if I saw it myself. Yet to my knowledge we have none. Don't you find that strange?

I will put it out there; Has anyone actually seen CA doing one of his supposed "unique gifts" up close in the street? I am talking did you actually see him levitate in the atrium of the Luxor, or at the Golf course ect. Were you in the pool when he "walked on the water"? I am not talking about his other mundane tricks that he does, I want actual witnesses from the big TV "demonstrations".

Besides the "Tru/OneCrissangelfan" or whatever their name is?

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

.Since he was merely pointing at the coin as it traveled under HIS skin, WHO was pulling the string?

Criss was pulling / guiding the coin, with a magnet hidden under his fingers

Can he duplicate this trick without the arm bands and wristwatch, that hides where the latex is attached? I think not! He is always wearing those Angel Logo armbands.

Yes we watch the crowd oooh & aah as his illusions begin, but as pointed out in the last video I posted, those reactions are filmed before that actual prop-enabled illusion is shown, with what appears to be the same crowd, because you recognize the "plant" or paid actor /crew member in this new crowd of spectators.

You are DISTRACTED by the "continuous shot" of what HE is doing. Where are those continuous shots of the spectators??

The reactions at the onset of his tricks, do seem legit, but then after the big stunt is done, the comments come across as being told what to say. And they never really "lie", they just verify what they saw.

[edit on 23-8-2007 by violet]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I think that it is very telling that we never hear from someone who was actually at the building to building, Luxor Atrium, Golf Course or supposedly indoor "high levitation's" or the Freemont levitation. Why is there no record of their opinions and comments other than the Mindfreak Show? Surely such a great spectacle that they have supposedly seen would have left a lasting impression on them that they would want to tell others about? I know I would be telling everyone if I saw it myself. Yet to my knowledge we have none. Don't you find that strange?

It is odd.
All I can think of, is that he sets up barracades, so only a limited amount of people are inside. Then all recording equipment is taken away from the witnesses. They all sign contracts not to talk (according to the post i saw on another board, I can't find now). It's all controlled.

The only home video I've seen, is one on youtube that must have been a hidden cam inside a handbag. It was a useless video really, mostly only showing other women's handbags! It was of the motorcycle stunt. Perhaps there are other hidden cam vids about?

The Coin trick is an illusion, based on the FACT that the esophagus doesn't connect to the arm!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I needed a good laugh today and sure enough, a denier has obliged!! MAGNETS moving the coin ( Coins are NOT influenced by magnets, by the way, except for pennies due to copper content ) under the skin !!! Incredible !! The depths to which the deniers will sink is really staggering. Magnets moving a coin under the latex skin...hmm. That is a little funnier than the allegation of a string that no one can see and that no one could have been pulling on from the positions of the people on the video..My God, how can they not see how totally empty and spurious that is??

PaulRichard, good to see a sound mind back again. If it were not so sad and disturbing to think of relatively intelligent people being led down the promrose path of silliness it would be laughable to imagine such machinations as they imagine being used to do an event..remarkable.

The SAME OLD nonsense is here all along: Paid witnesses, cheap effects and film tricks..all the same old tired and bogus nonsense. They are not even able to come up with any new nonsense, except for the magnet one!! Thats rich!! The witnesses, right there inches away, are all so stupid, or we are supposed to believe that anyway, that they could not tell the difference between latex skin and real skin, especially since the video is CRYSTAL clear and shows NO props, no latex, no wires, no magnets..nothing.

And the poster above who imagines that Cyril ' passes ' off a card to someone is just unreal..There is NO INDICATION whatsoever, in any way, that this happened. None. It is a desperate guess to try and find some way, no matter how ridiculous, to keep from seeing the truth. Sad, is'nt it?

But lets just say, OK, Cyril somehow, in front of all of the witnesses and cameras, managed to pass the card off to someone else. HOW did that person get the card into the tank and stuck firmly to the side of the tank, without anyone seeing him do so? Hmm? HOW? This ought to be funny, to hear how this one will be explained away!! And also, what is your answer for Cyril sticking his arm thru the aquarium? How did he fake that?

Lets see if I can guess how the deniers will answer this one; all one has to do to think like a denier is to reach for the most ridiculous, extreme, unlikely and far out way to explain it and then say it with a straight face: "Cyril got together with the Aquarium beforehand and set up a new and trick aquarium that had a hole in it that opens and closes when Cyril sticks his arm in it..and the fact that only a little water leaked out while Cyril was doing the event shows that there was a gasket or other invisible something that kept the water in and allowed Cyril to simply wipe his hand over the hole and it closes up again!! See? is'nt that simple?"

"All it is was a special tank designed in secret and placed there by Cyril and his crew prior to opening that day..and of course all of the witnesses were paid off..and of course all of the cameras and film was altered to trick us..and of course all of the people and staff that made and knew about the ' special tank ' will stay silent forever..its all just an illusion, don't you see? We may not know HOW it could be an illusion, but since we deny the ability of anyone to do these things without props, then of course props were there!! it stands to reason, right?"

WRONG!! The above is no doubt what we would hear from the rabid deniers as they have no other recourse left to them. The list never grows, does it? Always the same old tired stuff: Paid witnesses ( never proven or alleged ), props that cannot be seen or touched or observed ( never proven or alleged ), film trickery and editing that fools the people ( never proved or alleged ), conspiracies involving the managers of the establishments that Cyril uses ( never proven or alleged )..and on and on, ad nauseum.

See how absolutely banal and empty their assertions are? It takes a leap of faith far greater than believing in levitation to accept the silliness of the deniers, far more. It would take a complicated, massive and expensive ( if not physically impossible ) set of circumstances to achieve what we see in a simple and plain video of a man doing his thing, without props. Is there NO depth too deep for the denier's? Have they NO shame about making wild and totally unsupported assumptions? Evidently not.

So, once more, I ask that one of you deniers please tell us this: HOW did Cyril get his arm into and out of that aquarium without any holes and with the glass totally smooth and ' healed ' after he withdrew his arm? Tell us how he did it in an intelligent and LIKELY manner. If you cannot come up with anything better than a ' magnet ' for which there is no proof, or some other ridiculous nonsense, at least have the character to admit being stumped. That would be honest at least. You are stumped, as evidenced by the answers we are seeing that are laughable and totally unsupported by ANY of the evidence.

So we have, so far, an unsupported allegation of having the card ' handed off ' even though no proof of this exists, but no answer as to HOW the man with the card got it into the tank and stuck to the wall without anyone there seeing it. There were witnesses on all sides of the event, and yet not ONE person saw anything like what you imagine as the real deal. I guess now that will be explained as being due to the witnesses all being paid off, right? Or too stupid to see the obvious that you see so well?

Lets hear it: HOW did he do it? How did he get his arm thru the glass and get the card back? How did he make the glass smooth and whole again after taking his arm out? If you cannot come up with a RATIONAL and LIKELY answer to this, then we will be happy to tell you how it was done: Here is the secret: Cyril has the ability to alter the molecular structure of the glass and let his arm pass thru, and he is able to make the glass whole and back just like it was before the event !! And without any props, paid witnesses, set ups, conspiracies, etc.
The fact that you cannot accept the truth is the reaon that you are unable to see the obvious. You have limited your possibilities before the fact and so are unable to vary from your predetermined conclusions. You CANNOT give us an intelligent answer to this and you are stuck and just will not admit it. Here is your chance: we are waiting.

If the replies are NOT relevant to these questions then we know what the deal is, don't we?

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hi Eyewitness86,

Good post and well said.

And thanks for the compliment.

Cyril has the ability to alter the molecular structure of the glass and let his arm pass thru, and he is able to make the glass whole and back just like it was before the event !! And without any props, paid witnesses, set ups, conspiracies, etc.

It is interesting to note that Criss Angel does the exact same feat as Cyril does, only in the latter case it was with a vending machine. Both stick their arm through a window and then take it out with the glass just as it was beforehand.

I still think that Celebrity Chi-Force Matches would be awesome

Something I'd definitely pay to see.

You know...like pitting Criss Angel against Derren Brown in a Force contest of who could deliver the most powerful "touchless" Chi blow from a distance - to an inanimate object (of course) that has instrumentation to measure the impact.

By all estimation, despite an impressive performance, it is likely that Derren Brown would not prove to be the victor.

But it would be a great contest nonetheless.

Another great bout would be to see who could ignite the largest fire, John Chang or Criss Angel.

Or who among any of them could teleport themselves body and soul the farthest distance

All of which constitutes lite entertainment before the Magi and Elders eventually Ascend into The Light and put them all to shame.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Lets hear it: HOW did he do it? How did he get his arm thru the glass and get the card back? How did he make the glass smooth and whole again after taking his arm out? If you cannot come up with a RATIONAL and LIKELY answer to this, then we will be happy to tell you how it was done: Here is the secret: Cyril has the ability to alter the molecular structure of the glass and let his arm pass thru, and he is able to make the glass whole and back just like it was before the event !! And without any props, paid witnesses, set ups, conspiracies, etc.
The fact that you cannot accept the truth is the reaon that you are unable to see the obvious.

Why does the obvious need to be mind powers? If a person here does not know how a trick is done do we need to jump directly to mind abilities? You talk like these powers are a common knowledge thing that everyone should factually know and understand. Since no one can perform these mind powers in a controlled experiment and they defy the laws of physics as is known throughout the science communities how is it that the trick is what needs to be proven and not the mind power.

When I show you a great card trick, and you can not figure it out, it doesn’t mean I moved the cards with my mind, but it does mean it is a great trick. This is somewhat unfair for you want us to explain a magician’s secret and all you need to say is he uses his “powers”.

What is kind of funny is if you go to a professional magician forum they take about all these tricks with names and everything, and spend more time talking about the presentation than how the trick is done which to them is a very small part of the discussion.

Here is your answer for 12 bucks on the soda can trick

Healed and Sealed Soda

It was the talk of the 2001 FFFF convention, performed by David Blaine in his national television special, "Vertigo". Now you, too will be able to literally devastate both magicians and laymen alike with Swedish magician Anders Moden's Healed and Sealed Soda.

The Effect:

An opened, emptied and crushed soda can slowly and visually heals itself, returning to it's original state-the hole in the top even magically reseals itself closed! To top off this mind-blowing routine you can even open the can with a pfzzzt! and pour the contents out into a glass!

You'll receive the only authorized manuscript* with variations in preparation, handling and performance plus a section with questions and answers which allows you to utilize this principle to it's fullest!

* Only one normal can is used
* Easy to do

"This is one of the most astonishing things I've witnessed in a long, long time!" -Matthew Field

"Spectacular effect. Absolutely ingenious. Best trick I have ever bought...handsdown." -Joshua Mossholder

*original handling also appears with permission in Tim Ellis' "24 Years of Living Next Door to Ellis" lecture notes
Item # PY-227... Price $12.00

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Though the trick doesn't use magnetic coins (the coin would seem to lift up on one edge if neodymium type magnets were used), you -can- buy magnetic coins.

This brand just happens to be colored, but foreign coins are also magnetic:

www.fatbraintoys.com...

In fact, how do you know that Criss's real gift might not be exactly like Magneto in the X-Men?

I think he could duplicate all the 'levitations and materializations' using his power over metals.

Truth is, though you think he has a gift he won't admit, it might be because he's afraid of being declared a Mutant.

So, he's either using tricks, or has about twenty discrete powers or is the son of Magneto.

I think that about covers it.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Why does the obvious need to be mind powers? If a person here does not know how a trick is done do we need to jump directly to mind abilities?

Not mind powers...Gifts of the Spirit.

You talk like these powers are a common knowledge thing that everyone should factually know and understand.

All the more reason that one should first educate oneself by finding people who can do it and then be able to have a frame of reference in order to make a good comparison.

Since no one can perform these mind powers in a controlled experiment...

Not true.

Like Eyewitness86 and others in this thread, I am still waiting for someone to explain Criss Angel's high levitations.

Then we can move on to his teleportations.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Though the trick doesn't use magnetic coins (the coin would seem to lift up on one edge if neodymium type magnets were used), you -can- buy magnetic coins.

The quarter was offered by someone in the audience, not by Criss Angel himself.

In fact, how do you know that Criss's real gift might not be exactly like Magneto in the X-Men?

Because if you do the research, you find that telekinetic ability doesn't work that way. Sorry.

I think he could duplicate all the 'levitations and materializations' using his power over metals.

He does a lot more than just move quarters down the inside of his arm.

Truth is, though you think he has a gift he won't admit, it might be because he's afraid of being declared a Mutant.

All Criss Angel has to do for confirmation is read this very thread. He will find an abundance of scrutiny and hostility directed towards those who entertain the notion that he has genuine telekinetic ability.

So, he's either using tricks, or has about twenty discrete powers or is the son of Magneto.

X-Men don't exist and never will. Simply because the brain cannot generate that kind of energy AND because that energy would result in severe damage to the body and the brain. The source of the abilities would always have to come from outside the brain and the body - which has always been the case.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What is it with the Chris Angel Cult?

Just because they can't see wires and props it has to be mental powers----CHi-Kinesis

There seems to be no rational thinking at all from the cult. I have read through this thread and see perfectly reasonable explanations for Chris Angels tricks...explanations that can be proven to work.

All this talk of Chi-Kinesis (say what?) etc like it is fact. How do you know if you really have witnessed it before, could it be that you were not being deceived then guys?

The man himself has said he has no real powers, yet you still believe. Let him go to a site unprepared, naked but for a sock on his genitalia and see what magic he will then perform. Your delusion will still believe the man is magic.

I swear the same few guys are continually running over the same old territory just to bump this thread into the top of the board

BTW the thread title is misleading. It is not a discussion thread. It is a Cult Appreciation Thread

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

And the poster above who imagines that Cyril ' passes ' off a card to someone is just unreal..There is NO INDICATION whatsoever, in any way, that this happened. None. It is a desperate guess to try and find some way, no matter how ridiculous, to keep from seeing the truth. Sad, is'nt it?

No what is sad is that you did not come up with a rational explanation for his hand movement during the palm. It is the standard "hide and give to an assistant" type palm that you see if you are looking for it.

But lets just say, OK, Cyril somehow, in front of all of the witnesses and cameras, managed to pass the card off to someone else. HOW did that person get the card into the tank and stuck firmly to the side of the tank, without anyone seeing him do so? Hmm? HOW? This ought to be funny, to hear how this one will be explained away!! And also, what is your answer for Cyril sticking his arm thru the aquarium? How did he fake that?

Actually I don't know for sure. I would reckon from the video evidence that the card gets place on a glass pane that slides up into the tank while he "shoots the cards". You are quite correct there is no disturbance or bubbles that I can see so that makes it quite a good trick. Answer me this, If he "phased" his arm through the glass and there was a decent amount of water, how come we see no water whatsoever when he "phases" the card through? Exactly what is the mental mechanism that allows him to do this from a distance with the card as well and time it so precisely that no water escapes from the tank?

"Cyril got together with the Aquarium beforehand and set up a new and trick aquarium that had a hole in it that opens and closes when Cyril sticks his arm in it..and the fact that only a little water leaked out while Cyril was doing the event shows that there was a gasket or other invisible something that kept the water in and allowed Cyril to simply wipe his hand over the hole and it closes up again!! See? isn't that simple?"

"All it is was a special tank designed in secret and placed there by Cyril and his crew prior to opening that day..and of course all of the witnesses were paid off..and of course all of the cameras and film was altered to trick us..and of course all of the people and staff that made and knew about the ' special tank ' will stay silent forever

Get ready for this, you are correct in that it is a specially designed tank. What makes you so sure that it was not placed there by him? I previously asked if the aquarium can be identified, if someone in Japan ( I assume it's Japan) can go to the aquarium and take a look to see if it is there. I didn't notice any signs by the tank explaining what fish were in the tank, like you would expect in an aquarium. If that tank is not there, would that make you suspicious eyewitness?

I don't know the exact mechanism, but I would guess it would involve a sliding down layered piece of Plexiglas, with a layer of thin clear plastic like material on the inside Plexiglas layer to somewhat hold the water back as his hand enters. It's a very good trick and the execution is flawless except for the palming off the card to the person behind the girl, who also happens to be next to the tank. Hmmm, what a coincidence?

This trick would not necessarily involve a paid audience just the pre arranged tank with one accomplice. As I said before, If he could do this on one of those huge tanks with the 2 inches of Plexiglas then I would be inclined to believe in your version of it.

You believe what you want. To me and most others, we will follow the rules of physics as we currently understand them when talking about entertainment. It is after all just a form of entertainment.

IMO, Cyril's presentation is light years better than either CA or DB. Take a look at the one he does in the glass sight seeing boat, that one rocks too. His movements are just so smooth you have to be impressed with his ability.

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join