It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I stand corrected on the coin...

What "power" does CA use to do this trick then, I am curious.

The ability to puncture skin and not feel pain or bleed, and to lower one's metabolic rate, is not from a Gift of the Spirit. Fakirs have done this for centuries. It is achieved through many years of advanced yogic conditioning, spanning from one or more lifetimes of working on it.

Advanced physical discipline is not indicative of spiritual attainment, just as a Gift of TK or a Gift of Chi is not indicative of spiritual attainment

When Criss Angel is doing the feat of swallowing a quarter and having it travel from inside his chest to the inside of his arm and down to his wrist, there are two things at work. One, his advanced yogic discipline. Second, his Gift of TK which enables him to move the quarter inside his body and arm - as there are no muscles for moving an object inside the body in the manner that it is demonstrated.

I'd be willing to bet that he also has an abundance of healing (Chi) energy given to him from his Group Entity in order for his wounds to heal quickly and with little or no pain - or nausea.

Note that David Blaine also performs feats of advanced yogic conditioning that also harks back to the fakirs, combined with a Gift of TK. As with his feat of swallowing a string and then pulling it out from his midsection. One of the more gross feats to witness.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
PR, thanks for posting that video; it is UNDENIABLE BY ANY INTELLIGENT MEANS.

Sure...anytime.

I will waste NO MORE time on anyone so deprived of inspiration that they claim that this coin video is a fake; they are just not capable of observing and relating material reality in an accurate manner, and thus should be IGNORED.

From now on so help me I will not respond to openly ridiculous replies like the one above. It is lowering us to waste time on such garbage logic.

There have been worse, like the person I decided to hit the ignore button for earlier today. Some are more reachable, open-minded, and reasonable than others.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I believe that the majority of THINKING people will see clearly who is likley right about this matter; case closed.
Of that I have no doubt.

It is insulting to the intelligence for someone to allege that this is fake skin and fake coins and just a hoax; my God, if there is NO level of proof that these Denier's will accept, then their blindness and refusal will be so telling that we need do no more than state our case and retire the victor. Done.
How convient of you to declare yourself the debator and Judge of this debate, I wonder how I lost?

Have you ever been to a magic shop? There are latex skins and knives that dribble blood as well as blood loads. It's not a hoax just good sleight of hand with some prearranged special effects on you. I have seen the same trick done up close and in person only the coin traveled down his forearm. That magician must have had "weaker" powers right?

I will waste NO MORE time on anyone so deprived of inspiration that they claim that this coin video is a fake; they are just not capable of observing and relating material reality in an accurate manner, and thus should be IGNORED.
Perhaps someone in the medical field here could describe the physiology invovled in swallowing a coin and then, seconds later have it move down your arm? If you can't debate then don't, but don't think you have won the debate.

From now on so help me I will not respond to openly ridiculous replies like the one above. It is lowering us to waste time on such garbage logic.
I will put my logical thought process against yours anytime you want.

Is Criss angel actually getting rammed through a wall by a car in this video?

I await your answer.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wow still talking about CA and where has it got anyone? Honestly you've wasted a whole month of time debating if he has powers or not....I believe the skeptics have won this round for sure, they offered a lot more "proof" in showing videos that explain and can duplicate the tricks..... Even videos that have CA plainly saying no i have no supernatural powers and laughing at the people who actually believe he does....For the believers all they've done was to cite other people who do have some sort of telekinetic powers and use them in comparison with CA....I have not heard it from CA himself that he has special supernatural powers and if he does say it, please believers show me the video in which he claims it.... Offer me more "proof" other than your words that this is real, don't include other people with special abilities into this conversation it in no way relates to CA and does not offer any burden of proof on this particular case..

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Like I said before, I am tired of casting pearls before swine. It is useless to present any more detailed refutations to the Denier's; they are incapable of reasoned response and substantial contribution so I am moving on to new events to explore. So far no one has responded to my last request so I will add some video's myself that demonstrate the plain and clear truth to anyone with a brain that is engaged and able to process information correctly.

Here is a short clip of Criss walking up and down buildings as practice for a 14 story walk. there are NO wires, props, or other aids used. The camera is directly above Criss and no supports were possible. Banachek, the stage mentalist , etc. says he would not even attempt this event ; he is aware fully of the difference between Criss and the rest.

Here is another event that the Denier's must use laughable excuses to try and disprove, always failing. Here Criss has his arms examined and there is NO way that the Denier's can try and wigle out of this one: to imagine that this is just a massive set up is stupid. Here is PROOF galore of Criss abilities:

One more that will make the Denier's sound as desperate and befuddled
as as usual:

Lets hear some INTELLIGENT ways that this could be debunked; NOT the usual crap please. All silliness that has already been refuted thoroughly will be ignored. PR, what do you think about the mirror?/ All kinds of possibilities for replication of existing material items..might indicate a really cool new topic, eh? More soon.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

One more that will make the Denier's sound as desperate and befuddled
as as usual:

Umm usually I am called a pig, no need to get fancy with the swine remark, I feel so highend that way.

Discussion of Blackstone performing the same trick on a Magic Web Board

It basically, is crap as you would call it. It is a combination of two tricks with some twists, the self lighting light bulb, which my 9 year old son has and can do, and a variation of the "dancing handkerchief " routine, using the light bulb instead of the handkerchief.

Yes this is a staged shot/trick, with multiple people necessary to pull it off. The "shocked" employee doesn't have to be "in" on it but probably is as there is setup of the location involved. Look at the link if you doubt me. I know you think otherwise, but I'm really telling you the truth.

I'm not a magician, but I know a few tricks. And I did stay at a Holiday Inn.

Is that desperate and befuddled enough for you?

Wait here is more

Has anyone ever tried one of these . I have attached the description to the one I have found to be the most interesting from hocus pocus ($44.95)

The Floating lightbulb has been a featured effect in many professional performers' acts. Popularized by the late Harry Blackstone Jr., little did he know that it would become a signature piece in his act! Everyone who saw it still talks about it today. Now it can be a feature piece in your act with Kerry Summers' newly designed Floating lightbulb!

You begin by showing an ordinary looking lightbulb. Mysteriously, the bulb begins to glow and light up in your hand. It is obvious to your audience that there are no wires or power supply connected to the bulb in any way! Next, you hold the lightbulb away from your body and simply let go -- the bulb stays there as if suspended in time and space! You can then cause the bulb to float away from you to a full 15 feet away and return upon your command! It even floats to your left, right, and even around your body! A wooden hoop is passed around the bulb while it is floating but the real kicker is: as the bulb floats back to you it can pass right through the hoop! This effect has such an incredible impact on audiences that they will beg for more! Kerry Summers' Improved Floating lightbulb features:
No assistants required
Will float 15 feet away
Constructed of space-age materials
lightbulb remains lit throughout the entire routine

Do you still believe?
www.talkmagic.co.uk...
[edit to fix link on 11-8-2007 by pavil]

[edit on 11-8-2007 by pavil]

[edit on 11-8-2007 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Nonsense!!Absolute nonsense! You pick the only video that even has a chance at being critiqued, and you do not even have more ammo than ' staged..witnesses in on it...cheap tricks available from some link that takes you to some discussion of various matters, most of which have nothing to do with the toy you allude to. Simply linking to some discussion forum about a toy that may or may not exist means NOTHING !!

See how deep you have to shovel dung to get a way around the truth? Criss let the clerk pick the bulb..oh, yeah, I forgot, the clerk was a hired actor too..you are really too much. A perfect example of chronic denial despite all evidence to the contrary.

Ok, what about the building walk.hmm?? Lets hear about how some company somewhere in the world is selling a cheap toy that allows Criss to defy gravity, and then link us to a discussion about nonsense and claim to be somehow informed and on top of this!! it would be funy if it were not sad in a way..

In any event, I state that Criss did NOT stage the event, the clerk picked the bulb, and Criss did what you see him do. you are asking us to join a delusional crusade against reason and logic and evidence and I decline to sign onboard a sinking ship.

The building walk was done without props. The mirror event was done without props. Criss CAN do the things you see him do. You have once again utterly and completely failed to bring a valid and compelling reason to believe your version. Thirty dollar flaoting lightbulbs indeed. If thats all it takes then why is'nt everyone doing it? Show us a Youtube video of your alleged floating lightbulbs that your discussion forum is muttering about, please. Even if it exists, it has NO relation to what we see Criss do in this case, none at all. Close up eyewitneses and NO staged event. You are grasping so hard that you cannot see that the rope is at the end. Let go.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Nonsense!!Absolute nonsense! You pick the only video that even has a chance at being critiqued, and you do not even have more ammo than ' staged..witnesses in on it...cheap tricks available from some link that takes you to some discussion of various matters, most of which have nothing to do with the toy you allude to. Simply linking to some discussion forum about a toy that may or may not exist means NOTHING !!

My God, how much more evidence do you require? Must I get video of CA and his team putting the light bulb in the socket for you to believe me?

See how deep you have to shovel dung to get a way around the truth? Criss let the clerk pick the bulb..oh, yeah, I forgot, the clerk was a hired actor too..you are really too much. A perfect example of chronic denial despite all evidence to the contrary.
Actually I must make a correction from my previous post. Yes, the salesman was "in" on it. I forgot that he "picked" the light bulb.

Ok, what about the building walk.hmm??
Working on that, I have a boat party to go to, but I will be able to refute that, not to your liking however.

You middle link doesn't work BTW.

In any event, I state that Criss did NOT stage the event, the clerk picked the bulb, and Criss did what you see him do. you are asking us to join a delusional crusade against reason and logic and evidence and I decline to sign onboard a sinking ship.
I'm the delusional one???? Ok.

Show us a Youtube video of your alleged floating lightbulbs that your discussion forum is muttering about, please. Even if it exists, it has NO relation to what we see Criss do in this case, none at all. Close up eyewitneses and NO staged event. You are grasping so hard that you cannot see that the rope is at the end. Let go.
So let me get this straight. Even if I show you a very similar performance to CA's kinetic lightbulb, you still won't believe that it is a trick that others do? Wow! That's some logic.

I will look for either Harry Blackstone's Light bulb one or Lance Burton's floating Birdcage, both are the same principle. The ones I have seen on YouTube are amateur videos while CA is a professional.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Hi Eyewitness86,

The second video doesn't coming up. You will need to upload it again from another site. If it is one that is also on my links pages, I could help you if you point out which one it is.

Here is a short clip of Criss walking up and down buildings as practice for a 14 story walk. there are NO wires, props, or other aids used. The camera is directly above Criss and no supports were possible. Banachek, the stage mentalist , etc. says he would not even attempt this event ; he is aware fully of the difference between Criss and the rest.

Walking up and down the outside of a building on a sunny day is one of the better stunts that Criss Angel performs. Banachek doesn't have a Gift of Telekinesis like David Blaine or Uri Geller, much less a Gift like Criss Angel, which is why he won't attempt this feat. It is also one of the better videos in how clear the picture is and how obvious it is that no props or wires are being used in any way to fake it. Compare this to Angel's walking on water feat. It is basically the same thing as he is levitating in both scenarios.

PR, what do you think about the mirror?

Perhaps you are referring to the second video.

All kinds of possibilities for replication of existing material items..might indicate a really cool new topic, eh? More soon.

In addition to him having already changed water to beer, I am still waiting for him to change water to imported Italian Sangria.

Criss is limited to replicating small objects. But I am not sure to the extent of the complexity of those small-scale replications. His teleportation phasings extend to objects larger than his body - as with the elephant, him on a motorcycle, and him in a sports car, - but that is also somewhat limited, however impressive

The following is another of the telling videos which demonstrates Criss Angel's Gift of Chi or Gift of Telekinesis:

Criss Angel - The Force

Here's a question...

How would Derren Brown - who also has a Gift of Chi - fare in a Force battle with Criss Angel?

[edit on 12-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Thanks PR for the offer; I have tried a bunch of times to get this link in here right. Just go to Youtube and type in Criss Angel Mirror, and the clips will come up. Criss takes some hotel guests and has them bring certain objects down in front of his empty hands while he holds them in front of the mirror; the objects are duplicated exactly from his hands.

I keep promising myself that I am going to ignore the silly people who claim that all of this is a massive staged set up with cheap parlor tricks used. One even had the nerve to suggest that a person can buy a lightbulb that floats by itself and lights up by itself for 30 bucks and THAT is how Criss did the kinetic event we see at the lighting store!! Criss does his thing close up and nothing hidden; the stage magicians who use props and such are totally different and cannot be compared to Criss; totallt different locations, conditions, etc.

No, we are seeing the results of classic denial desperately trying to come up with an excuse that does not make them look foolish, but they cannot. Please if you can link that Mirror event and you will see it very clearly that Criss is doing it and doing it the way it is seen. More soon.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Pavil,

Umm usually I am called a pig, no need to get fancy with the swine remark, I feel so highend that way.

I have not made any swine remarks.

Any idea as to why that usually happens?

Here is one of the reference sites you provided as evidence that the floating light bulb can be faked off of a specially designed magician's stage:

www.talkmagic.co.uk...

There is nothing at this site which backs your argument

Your other reference site:

Discussion of Blackstone performing the same trick on a Magic Web Board

It basically, is crap as you would call it. It is a combination of two tricks with some twists, the self lighting light bulb, which my 9 year old son has and can do, and a variation of the "dancing handkerchief " routine, using the light bulb instead of the handkerchief.

If one follows the link you provided above, we find the following exchange at the top of the page:

From Jordan Piper...

Blackstone Sr. & Jr. did an illusion where they floated a lit up light bulb. Can this be adapted for a street performance?

From Harry Murphy...

NO! This is not a street effect. The Blackstone used a combination of principles melded together to get one of the finest bits of magical theatre there has ever been. This is a theatre/stage routine requiring controlled lighting and a number of assistants. It takes a lot to look simple and magical.

As I have stated before, Harry Blackstone Jr. had no Gift of Telekinesis

The feat of floating a lit-up light bulb can only be faked on a specially designed magician's stage and with a number of assistants.

"This is not a street effect."

So the only contention you can now pose is that the lamp store was a pre-rigged magician's stage and that the people shown there are paid assistants.

Your entire argument falls apart.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Thanks PR for the offer; I have tried a bunch of times to get this link in here right. Just go to Youtube and type in Criss Angel Mirror, and the clips will come up. Criss takes some hotel guests and has them bring certain objects down in front of his empty hands while he holds them in front of the mirror; the objects are duplicated exactly from his hands.

That sounds interesting.

Here you go...

Criss Angel Mirror Tricks

This demonstrates Criss Angel's ability to move about small objects through a form of teleportation called phasing.

It is one of his better videos. I may add it to my links pages.

Thanks eyewitness86.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Thanks PR and you are very welcome also. The guy before was referring to my comment that I was tired of ' casting pearls before swine ' ; he must have had a pang of guilt or a sign of recognition as he commented on it and did not even find it offensive, for which I am glad, as it was meant as a metaphor. If it turns out to better define the character of the Denier's as well, then so be it.

You made a great find there and totally and completely exposed the reply as utterly without value, as usual. It does not matter to the Denier's if they are two totally seperate set of circumstances, they lump it all in; that is the ONLY way they can come up with a refutation, as empty and basless as they are.

They always have to fall back on the weakest and most laughable one of all : the old " Staged by paid actors, all set up,,". That is the last gasp of a dying attempt to deny reality. There is not one person of common intelligence that could fall for the excuse that Criss pays off all witnesses and people who appear in the events, swear them to silence forever ( here is where the old ' confidentiality agreements ' come in ! ) and yet somehow he still manages to confound and amaze everyone EXCEPT the brilliant and savvy Denier's, who seem to have all of the answers, but are unable to show how their logic is correct or their ideas valid.

Let's see: does Criss pay off his audiences that pay to see his shows in Vegas where he walks up and down the walls there as well? Strange that a guy that is no more than an illusionist could do events that no other human being can replicate ? And to maintain this level of deceit forever, with no slip ups and never a betrayal; see how absolutely spurious the Denier's sound? So empty, so beyond the bounds of possibility; it is sad that some people will grasp at ANY straw no matter how thin and weak to avoid the truth.

Oh well..I suppose that it is inevitable that this mindset should be exhibited so that the rest of the people with open minds can see the utter futility of assuming that they are correct. Undeniable proofs presented over and over and all we ever get is the lowest and silliest excuses ever; maybe someone with a real observation will come along and give us reason to debate again; for now, the debate is over: No evidence exists to refute the obvious abilities Of Criss Angel in some of his events. Period.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Here is another really cool event: The Armored Car event; many in the crowd were die hard skeptics but stunned of course when they saw that there was NO way that Criss could have hoaxed this one; it happens so fast; Criss literally translates right through the steel and into the back of the vehicle. The guards hand was on his back and POP right into the other location.

Of course, the Denier's will claim that the enitre event was staged and all people there in on it and paid off and loyal forever..yad, yada, yada..But we know the truth and can see what is real and what is not. Criss is real.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hi Eyewitness86,

GMTA

They always have to fall back on the weakest and most laughable one of all : the old " Staged by paid actors, all set up." That is the last gasp of a dying attempt to deny reality.

True.

Let's see: does Criss pay off his audiences that pay to see his shows in Vegas where he walks up and down the walls there as well? Strange that a guy that is no more than an illusionist could do events that no other human being can replicate ? And to maintain this level of deceit forever, with no slip ups and never a betrayal; see how absolutely spurious the Denier's sound? So empty, so beyond the bounds of possibility; it is sad that some people will grasp at ANY straw no matter how thin and weak to avoid the truth.

Agreed.

...Undeniable proofs presented over and over and all we ever get is the lowest and silliest excuses ever; maybe someone with a real observation will come along and give us reason to debate again; for now, the debate is over: No evidence exists to refute the obvious abilities Of Criss Angel in some of his events. Period.

Yes, for now, the debate is over.

On the lighter side and for S & G, I would like your take - and anyone else who would like to chime in - on the hypothetical question of who would win a battle of Chi energy...

Criss Angel or Derren Brown?

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
...The Armored Car event...

Good clip.

I think that anyone would have a hard time imprisoning Criss Angel for very long. That goes also for the Zetan-aliens, like the Greys - even if they managed to paralyze him first with their blue beam or intense white floodlight.

His Group Entity would just phase his body and soul away and out of danger

Many someday he will use his Gift of Chi/Telekinesis to help abductees.

Now THERE'S A THOUGHT.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
That brings up some really fascinating possibilities for sure. Imagine Criss as spy!! Being able to change location would be a real asset!! Seriously though, one can see that if Criss can affect those in close proximity to him and himself in ways that cause the teleportation to be used for specific purposes, it could be whole new game.

Although I have no proof, I also have no doubts that Criss has been watched or approached by the Govt. people and questioned as to exactly what he can do and to what extent. I mean, the only human that can levitate to the extent he does surely attracts more attention than just Vegas tourists and TV viewers.

Imagine trying to keep him in jail!! that would be a gas..seeing his cell empty and turing on the TV and seeing him walk down the outside of the jail walls to the ground !! One would think that some very very wealthy people have already asked him to name his price for sharing the knowledge..or for performing private ' events ' that might be very different than those for the public fare.

What are the odds that Criss has abilities that are so formidable that he has to tone it down and use only the lesser abilities to do his act so that he does not frighten off and alienate the spectators by overwhelming them with too much too fast? Just an aside..It would of course be gratifying to see Criss using his Gifts in poor nations and healing and whatever else would benefit mankind, but perhaps his thing is not suited to healings, at least at this point in time, and perhaps his calling is to awaken the people a bit at a time, like he is doing now by confounding the Denier's and confirming for the Believer's what we already knew: that mankind is not limited to the mundane but can acheieve the sublime under certain circumstances.

I used to be an armored car messenger for Wells Fargo in Miami back in the early 70's, and I know the vehicles well. There is no way that the company would have allowed the structural integrity of that expensive car to be altered or affected, and underneath all there is is a layer of bomb proof steel plating. Walls are two inch thick case hardened steel with gun ports for sticking the barrel of a pistol or shotgun out;those are the only holes other than the back door, and the front two doors.

The event shows the driver pushing on Criss back until the instant that Criss dematerializes and you can clearly see the hand of the driver move forward rapidly as Criss disappears. Of course Criss is then inside the back of the armored car, and comes out the ONLY door, the back door, which was fully visible from the crowd the whole time. there is NO way to get from the front to the back; there is a speaker for communicating with the guy in the back and there are two gunports behind the heads of the driver and guard, in case the truck is highjacked the guy in the back can shoot the heads of the new driver and or passenger.

There is NO way that the event could have been staged and Criss teleported or whatever right in front of your eyes. I cannot waitn to hear the fantastic tales that can refute this one!! More soon..I am looking for one where he disappears..no one refuted the Puddle event either..

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

Any idea as to why that usually happens?

From eyewitness86. he must have had a pang of guilt or a sign of recognition as he commented on it and did not even find it offensive,

Sorry I won't attempt humor any more. No guilt here, at least not about anything I have posted on this thread.

There is nothing at this site which backs your argument

I disagree. It is fellow magicians talking about it. It. can be done in a street enviorment and eaisly done in the light shop.
The floating light bulb or hankerchief that floats above the crowd would need a setup and more assistants. The smaller CA trick would not need much setup other than the light bulb.

I don't really see how you believe that he is not doing that smaller floating bulb trick. The description of it the "ad" or whatever I provided is almost verbatim what CA did in that trick yet, I am accussed of being

No, we are seeing the results of classic denial desperately trying to come up with an excuse that does not make them look foolish, but they cannot

I will let others decide who is in denial rather than reaching that conclusion myself. You are starting to hurt my feelings with the name calling. Not.

Your other reference site:
Again is another magician discussion board.

From Jordan Piper...

Blackstone Sr. & Jr. did an illusion where they floated a lit up light bulb. Can this be adapted for a street performance?

From Harry Murphy...

NO! This is not a street effect. The Blackstone used a combination of principles melded together to get one of the finest bits of magical theatre there has ever been. This is a theatre/stage routine requiring controlled lighting and a number of assistants. It takes a lot to look simple and magical.
Yes the Blackstone one that the light bulb goes out above the crowd is still licenced by the Blackstone family, they have let someone in Branson do it lately. The principle of the smaller effect mechanic wise, is the same. This effect when not going above the crowd is doable in a venue such as the lightstore.

The feat of floating a lit-up light bulb can only be faked on a specially designed magician's stage and with a number of assistants.
That is an incorrect statement. The full blown above the crowd floating light bulb needs that, the one CA performed does not. CA even pay homage to Blackstone, albeit not directly, at the start of the clip by refering to reading about it.

So the only contention you can now pose is that the lamp store was a pre-rigged magician's stage and that the people shown there are paid assistants.

Your entire argument falls apart.

Again I will let others decide who is right and who is wrong. If CA were doing the fullblown, have the light bulb float 10 feet above the audience's head Blackstone routine, then yes, he would need multiple assistants and a very controlled enviorment. CA did the smaller version of this trick which would not need an elaborate setup and could be done in such a place as the light store. At no time is the light bulb more than 10 -15 feet from CA, just like the description of the trick I have shown.

As for you comments on Darren Brown, he is great in my opinon, but still does not have a "special" gift. He himself is very skeptical of paranormal phenomena himself and states at the start of each episode that he uses:

Magic, suggestion, psychology, misdirection and showmanship

You both seem to disbelieve even the subjects themselves, CA or DB when they say they don't have extraordinary powers, how will anyone else convice you then, your minds are made up, regardless of any evidence presented.

In the armored car illusion CA in his first sentence mentions that it is an illusion yet you don't believe him? Wow.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Sigh, with the armor car illusion. Look at the video again. When CA is behind the screen with the camera he tells them to move back. He then steps out "so everyone can see him" and then goes behind the screen where the Guard proceeds to touch him. This is Classic misdirection. At this time there is already another person there "being Criss" and CA is somewhere near ready to go into the back of the car. When he tell them to push, the double starts to slip under the car while CA makes his way into the car. I am not sure how CA gets in the Car, but this is the classic "vanish from one area, appear in another illusion" CA has even admitted using body doubles for some of his illusions yet you will not believe him.

I don't claim to be to know each and every trick and illusion but that is the general setup of it.

Illusion. Here is how Oxford defines it:

www.askoxford.com...

• noun 1 a false or unreal perception or belief. 2 a deceptive appearance or impression.
— ORIGIN Latin, from illudere ‘to mock’

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Here you go...

Criss Angel Mirror Tricks

This demonstrates Criss Angel's ability to move about small objects through a form of teleportation called phasing.

It is one of his better videos. I may add it to my links pages.

Batter up.

Watch CA "nothing up my sleeves, right"? Classic magic misdirection again. Why does his right hand hang near the right side pocket of his jacket before he goes to the mirror to "pull the image" out of the window? Only to get the chick.

The other two are easy sleight of hands that I will not tell you since it involves a pretty cool thing that is used in tons of close up magic. I know, it sounds like a cop out, but I feel I reveal too many of the ways things are done, which ruins it for many.

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join