It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hi Paul Richard,

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr
My belief is that the ability to do these things stems from our One-ness with God and the Universe around us. We don't need discarnate spirits to give us these abilities; we all have a direct line to God and we can all learn to develop these abilities through prayer/meditation etc. All of us get to be "Neo" if we so desire.....

The well-known term Gifts of the Spirit was coined centuries ago precisely because psychic, healing, and telekinetic gifts stem from the Other Side

I always understood the term as "Gifts of the [Holy] Spirit" - the Holy Spirit being the direct presence/energy/power of God. Not "Gifts from Discarnate Spirits".

Wouldn't discarnate spirits have better, more important things to do with their energy than help a magician do spectacular levitations in order to make $$$?

Is there a way to self-generate one's own telekinetic ability?

Sure.

But not through traditional means.

One cannot get there through channeling or through advanced meditative practice. There are many advanced meditators around the world. If telekinesis was accomplished in that way, then many would levitate about just as Criss Angel does.

Well, I believe that anyone can learn to develop these abilities. But certain people - Adepts or Avatars or Prophets or whatever you want to call them - seem to born with greatly enhanced abilities and they can do these things almost effortlessly.

Pretty soon life on Earth will be like something out of "X-Men"!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Perhaps you want Criss Angel to levitate in the nude?

No, it is not odd that he wears clothes.

No, simply he can do the illusion without a long sleeve jacket or shirt to cover up his harness. He does many other tricks and Illusions without need of a jacket or shirt for that matter, why must he always use a jacket for this one. Again, show me one time he does his "levitating" act without the use of said long sleeve jacket. That doesn't strike you as odd in the least bit? Your ability to brush off valid observations is disheartening.

Show us the helicopter or aerial object that is holding Criss Angel up.

I can't just as you can't show me they are not there. So show me video proof that they weren't there. Show me a video of the area above him as he levitates. My reason why has been explained, clever video editing. Why doesn't' the SPOV camera pan up above CA as he levitates? Wouldn't that prove something to doubting Thomasa's like me? You never find it odd that there is never a shot of the 200-300 feet above CA while he levitates, amazing!

You take CA at his word yet you admit he does illusions and in his shows he does magic tricks and even shows cons, which are classic misdirections, yet you can't apply any of that when it comes to his "gift". His gift is that he is a very good performer, who I enjoy watching, and has worked his whole life to be the best in his field.

Doesn't it strike you as odd that someone who is supposely tapped into a "higher group" or whatever spiritual trappings you wish to bestow upon him, signs a multi million Vegas show contract? Like Vegas is some sort of spiritual nexus?

That particular feat is not a good example of a manifestation of a Gift of Telekinesis. Yes, it could be an illusion. But the ability to control the body is something that is developed through advanced yogic practice, as with fakirs, not through a Gift of Telekinesis.

In light of this, that particular feat doesn't help either camp in furthering their respective argument.

What a cop out. You never responded to the questions I post. Just cause your argument falls apart under critical observation doesn't mean mine has. Don't lump both arguments together on the steamroller. I have basically proved it was an illusion, yet you dismiss all my questions without comment. Typical.

1. Why the white cloth on the road?
2. Why does CA not ever step on the spot he is "crushed" on and in fact does a push up the whole time leading up to being crushed?
3. Why does one of his team signal him just before the steamroller hits?
4. Why the cloth behind the steamroller wheel?
5. Why are we never shown what is behind the cloth prior to the shot with his "legs"?
6. Why no clear shot of CA as the Steamroller rolls backwards?
7. Why does CA use a wide straddling kneeling stance as he gets up?
8. Why does he do an odd pulling his right knee over motion to get up?
9. On top of all that he tells the camera that the audience will get to take home pieces of the glass, yet we are never shown that. For all we know that may have been "stage glass" made out of sugar. You did notice that all the big jaggy pieces of glass were convientely on the sides of the cloth far away from where he was actually walking right?

Please answer these points in detail before dismissing them.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by pavil]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

1. Why the white cloth on the road?
2. Why does CA not ever step on the spot he is "crushed" on and in fact does a push up the whole time leading up to being crushed?
3. Why does one of his team signal him just before the steamroller hits?
4. Why the cloth behind the steamroller wheel?
5. Why are we never shown what is behind the cloth prior to the shot with his "legs"?
6. Why no clear shot of CA as the Steamroller rolls backwards?
7. Why does CA use a wide straddling kneeling stance as he gets up?
8. Why does he do an odd pulling his right knee over motion to get up?
9. On top of all that he tells the camera that the audience will get to take home pieces of the glass, yet we are never shown that. For all we know that may have been "stage glass" made out of sugar. You did notice that all the big jaggy pieces of glass were convientely on the sides of the cloth far away from where he was actually walking right?

Because it's all a trick or illusion and nothing more, no special powers, no telekensis, no gift from the spirit, nothing.

He is a paid illusionist nothing more.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by elevatedone]

[edit on 4-8-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

What would you constitute as scientific proof if you do not accept the scientific proof offered about the Gift of Telekinesis of Matthew Manning and Uri Geller?

Who said I didnt accept such evidence? Surely not I.
As I said, when CA steps before scientists and preforms such feats, then we'll talk about this. But he hasnt, and he wont.

I think you mean levitate unless there is a new Gift there you wish to address.
Oh yes, terribly sorry. I missed a T, how observant, snide too.

David Blaine doesn't do high levitations because he can't do them - not because he chooses not to attempt it. His Group Entity or discarnate community is not big enough or powerful enough to grant him that much energy in The Light. No matter how much he meditates

Speculation.

Actually...Blaine would have done so BEFORE Criss Angel did, in his Street Magic DVD.

The fact that blaine hasnt done such feats only speaks against his imagination and inventiveness. Your conclusion of a weaker group entity is speculation based on your beliefs.

Find us some examples of David Blaine doing any of the above. You will not be successful in doing so.

For that matter, find us video examples of ANY other illusionist doing the large disappearances and high levitations of Criss Angel off of a magician's stage and in broad daylight.

You will not be successful in finding that either.

I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Im sure your right. But it doesnt prove me wrong, and it doesnt prove you right. Like I said : "The fact that any illusionist* hasnt done such feats only speaks against their* imagination and inventiveness. Your conclusion of a weaker group entity is speculation based on your beliefs."

*editted above to fit this specific discussion.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hi MrdDstrbr,

The term Gifts of the Spirit is the more generic one that many use. The term Gifts of the Holy Spirit is the Catholic variation.

Many believe that Gifts come from angels who represent "God" while others believe they come directly from "God." Regardless, they come from Spirit and powerful Gifts cannot be cultivated directly while in a body.

The best way to cultivate them indirectly is by using Heart Chakra Radiance

Wouldn't discarnate spirits have better, more important things to do with their energy than help a magician do spectacular levitations in order to make $$$?

As I was typing this, my Guides in TSOL said that your DAC is sky blue. Now I understand you a little more.

For you and some others, the answer would be no, as being part of a Group Entity would not be emotionally and spiritually fulfilling.

But for those in the Mid and Lower Realms who like being thought of as a demi-god, god, or God, it is a whole different story.

It isn't just about making money, although that is definitely part of it. It is also about all the awe, attention, adulation, reverence, and sexual energy that is directed toward the respective prophet.

When a person thinks about Criss Angel, Angel himself is usually oblivious to that awareness. But his discarnate community monitors the thoughts and feelings of many people around him. They tap into the feelings of hero-worship of their incarnate prophet. When a pretty girl lusts after Criss or thinks about him sexually in some way, guess who steps up to the bat astrally?

Yep...people in his Group Entity

They are the ones who, in part, influence the pretty girls by also granting Criss a Gift of Charisma.

To be part of a large GE is likened to being a rock star.

Or to use a more current example...a hip hop star.

That is why they choose to use their combined energies in the manner that they do.

Well, I believe that anyone can learn to develop these abilities.

I agree that basically anyone can learn to develop these abilities (through HCR). The actualization of these abilities would be in the Spirit and then the next incarnation.

But certain people - Adepts or Avatars or Prophets or whatever you want to call them - seem to born with greatly enhanced abilities and they can do these things almost effortlessly.

That is because they have a large discarnate community or large Group Entity which supplies them with an abundance of energy in order to manifest those Gifts of the Spirit. Prophets emerged in every major religion. Signifying that no traditional religion has a monopoly on Gifts of the Spirit and also pointing to the idea that angels - not yet The Original Creator - are behind the more powerful Gifts.

Pretty soon life on Earth will be like something out of "X-Men"!

Although somewhat understated in certain cases, in the overall sense that is quite true.

If we have learned one thing from the history of invention and discovery, it is that,

in the long run -- and often in the short one -- the most daring prophecies seem laughably conservative.

~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Perhaps you want Criss Angel to levitate in the nude?

No, it is not odd that he wears clothes.

No, simply he can do the illusion without a long sleeve jacket or shirt to cover up his harness. He does many other tricks and Illusions without need of a jacket or shirt for that matter, why must he always use a jacket for this one. Again, show me one time he does his "levitating" act without the use of said long sleeve jacket. That doesn't strike you as odd in the least bit? Your ability to brush off valid observations is disheartening.

That is an interesting point but you need more to go on than him often wearing long sleeves and/or a jacket when he levitates.

Show us the helicopter or aerial object that is holding Criss Angel up.

I can't just as you can't show me they are not there. So show me video proof that they weren't there.

Well, all you have to do is review all the video links we provided on his high levitations.

There are many eyewitnesses that believe he floated and said so in a number of his videos. The need to prove that an aerial object was in the sky to hold him up is in the camp of those who wish to further the argument that his high levitations are not performed with telekinesis.

Doesn't it strike you as odd that someone who is supposely tapped into a "higher group" or whatever spiritual trappings you wish to bestow upon him, signs a multi million Vegas show contract? Like Vegas is some sort of spiritual nexus?

Just because people are on the Other Side does not make them more spiritually advanced or principled. Most of the people in the discarnate dimensions are of common spirituality, just like most of the people in the flesh.

For more of an explanation on the motivations of large Group Entities, see my previous post.

I have basically proved it [the steamroller feat] was an illusion, yet you dismiss all my questions without comment.

Yes, it may have been an illusion.

Happy now?

Criss Angel has stated that much of what he does is REAL while also implying that at least some of what he does are illusions.

A good example of one of his illusions is the feat when he pulls apart a woman on a park bench.

We will concede that some of that which Criss Angel performs are illusions if you and the others will concede that some of what he does is derived from a Gift of Telekinesis.

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Still More nonsense. Can you believe the nerve of these Denier's? The main thrust is that WE cannot prove that the helicopter is not there even though it is invisible!! Amazing, simply staggering gaul.

The FACT that there is NO helicopter above Criss at the Luxor means NOTHING to the denier's; they simply reverse logic and say " You cannot prove the helicopter IS'NT there!! ". Lack of evidence means no evidence.

Harnesses? Give me a break. WHAT is the harness HANGING FROM?? The helicopter with no body and rotors and lights? Al;l they can do is to discuss OTHER events like ther steamroller, which on video says all that needs to be said. Spurious excuses and assumptions that do NOT reflect the material reality of what we are seeing are all the Denier's can summon for a case..how sad. To cling to that old dead horse is just silly.

Criss has NO PROPS at the Luxor and the gold course; to state that they MUST be there but are simply too sophisticated for our limited abilities to discern is just hogwash. they are NOT there!! If they were, there would be some evidence, indication or other way that would give SOME credence to the Denier's claims; but alas, there is none. the desperate Denier's will insist on any dubious possibility rather than open their eyes and minds.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste, and to waste it on trying to disprove the disprovable means no foresight and no logic. That is a pretty sorry legacu for your cause..better to admit being stumped than to cling to cliams even MORE outrageous than a man being able to levitate. They just cannot see it; blinders are firmly in place for many.

Recall the MANY times I have implored the naysayers to come up with some believable and likley alternative..and stil not ONE logical answer. It is ALWAYS the same: Discussion of OTHER events that do not count in this matter, OR plainly spurious and silly responses not valid to the issue, like " He must wear a harness, thats why he wears clothes!" and other foolishness. It simply does not seem incongruous to them that they must account for several facts before making such an assumption, NONE of which are taken into account or ratified before making them assumables.

Backwards logic, twisted and fractured facts, incredible and outrageous assumptions totally lacking in substance..THESE are the factors that the Denier's use and cling to; WE on the othert hand have the evidence, the video, the witnesses, etc. NONE of which has EVER been impeached by reliable refutation. Wiggle, squirm, deny, obscure, confuse all you want; some people will still see the video's and listen to the witnesses and observe the evidence right in front of us and come to an intelligent and likley result: Criss Angel CAN and DOES use abilities not understood by the rabble or the blind.

That much we KNOW; all that the Denier's know is that their minds simply cannt grasp the sublime and so are mired in the mindane until some factor or other makes them stop and admit that their excuses are not satisfying and not logical. If Criss Angel used props for his high events, etc. by now SOMEONE would have come forward with some story or allegation or such; no one, especially performers, makes all friends and no enemies. In the many years Criss has been doing these events, not oNE person, not ONE, has ever come forward with an expose'. Not one.

That in itself is very telling, at least to those with critical thinking skills and an open mind. For the rest, NO AMOUNT of evidence will suffice; like I have said many times and what the Denier's have never refuted: If Criss were to disappear from right in front of their eyes, they would assume that they were hallucinating or mad; they still would not admit what their eyes are seeing, it is just too upsetting and radical for the rigidly oriented person to accept.

Changing paradigms can be a bit uncomfortable , but is a necessary step before the critical facilities that allow for esoteric determination can be fully accessed. the Denier's simply feel smug and superior by insisting that they have the answers that no one else seems to be able to summon given the evidence; illogic and supposition take the place of the available evidence and all observable phenomenon.

Hiding one's head in the sane may give the confort that the Denier's seek, but it is an illusion in iteself: When the tigers come along and snap off the neck, the head remains buried in the dirt while the victors drag the dead carcass of the beast off to be ravaged. That head will reamin underground and buried, always with the last thoughts of the critter being ones of safety and assurance. Often the snap of the neck is not felt and the essence of the matter floats away on a gossamer cloud of certainty.

It remains a certainty that there is NO evidence whatsoever of Criss' using props, and to believe that he somehow can fool everyone on earth and keep all witnesses and employyes loyal and silent forever is an indication of how dessperate the Denier's are to cling to their beliefs, despite all of the contrary proofs. Tyat says a lot more about them than I ever could.

STILL< No logical, evidential or likley response has been given that would account for some of Criss events. That remains a FACT.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It doesn't take much inventiveness to levitate high in the air.

It takes an adequate level of telekinetic energy.

For that matter, find us video examples of ANY other illusionist doing the large disappearances and high levitations of Criss Angel off of a magician's stage and in broad daylight.

You will not be successful in finding that either.

I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
Im sure your right. But it doesnt prove me wrong, and it doesnt prove you right. Like I said : "The fact that any illusionist* hasnt done such feats only speaks against their* imagination and inventiveness. Your conclusion of a weaker group entity is speculation based on your beliefs."

Yes...I am right.

My conclusions are derived through experience. Yours are derived through prejudice as well as a lack of experience.

With more power comes greater Gifts.

The reason why David Blaine did not perform high levitations in his Street Magic DVD is not due to a lack of imagination.

It is because his Gift of Telekinesis is simply not strong enough for him to perform them.

And right now...no one else has as powerful a Gift of TK as does Criss Angel.

Which is precisely why no one else is doing his high levitations and why Criss Angel has more television time than any illusionist or magician in the entire world

This does not make Criss Angel out to be divine. It only means that there are many people on the Other Side who are helping him perform these feats that no one else can duplicate.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hi Eyewitness86,

I wholeheartedly agree with your appraisal.

They are grasping at straws, trying desperately to come up with something, anything, to support their weak argument.

They have no evidence of any aerial vehicles and there are many witnesses who have testified on video that Criss Angel has floated high in the air on a number of occasions, without camera or editing tricks, props, wires, or a harness of any kind.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'll tell ya....if Chris really was using "super powers" my level of respect for him drooped off the page. Hiding these powers from the world and using them only to make money and fame for himself tells me that he's actually not a worthy recipient of the "gift".

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I'll tell ya....if Chris really was using "super powers" my level of respect for him drooped off the page. Hiding these powers from the world and using them only to make money and fame for himself tells me that he's actually not a worthy recipient of the "gift".

It is indeed sad to think that someone can have a powerful Gift of the Spirit and not be using it for a noble purpose.

However unfair it may appear, there is a "light at the end of the tunnel" (pun intended).

Traditional Gifts of the Spirit are very limited in scope of energy

Once Criss Angel has passed and his body is beyond all angelic measures of healing, he will not be coming back in a fully grown body. Moreover, you will also not see Criss Angel creating a house, an island, a planet, or a star.

Those abilities are achieved only through rarefied spiritual development, beyond the Saints, on an individual basis, and then only by being in The Light.

As was the case with The Original Creator who used The Light to orchestrated The Big Bang.

The glory of Criss Angel and that of his discarnate community is NOW. As with all the prophets in history, that will be temporary, not permanent

But the glory of the future, stable Masters - when Ascended or Post Ascended - who will use their energies for noble purposes, will be far greater and longer lasting, and they will be much more powerful in and from The Light.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Hiding them would mean even fewer people being challenged and exploring new experiences and possibilties; if NO ONE exhibited ' paranormal powers ' or whatever you want to call it, the world would be mired in mundane and mind dulling traps insofar as reality is concerned.

The FACT the SOME people CAN do things that STAGGER the mind of the average person is wonderful despite motive as many , many people will have their eyes opened to the new insights that acceptance of all evidence and personal faculties allows; the fact that Criss charges for his stage acts means that his family has to eat like everyone else's. So what if he makes a living? it is HIS making it happen that astounds and mystifies most people; some will go on and explore HOW he does it and WHAT that means to their perceptions of reality.

THAT is very profound, and no doubt many millions of people who are totally nable to convince themselves, or anyone else, that it is somehow all a ' trick ', and open up their minds to new horizons. Everyone benefits from their skills: doctors , lawyers, bakers, tailors, everyone. What is wrong with an adept making a living from his skills? Nothing, thats what.

What in the world does Criss' motivations have when he is suspended in the air with NO props or supports or anything else? Nothing. So it is a straw man and useless for the issue. No matter how he does these things,it is certainly unique enough to merit value. He does NOT charge for MANY events, such as we see constantly. Only the stage events are paid for and thats Ok too.

So better have more reasons than money to explain away what the facts are. Better out in the open than hidden away. Why keep people ignorant of the truth?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
you guys crack me up

This is getting very funny.

You can't prove that he has special powers, you refuse the obvious that its tircks and illusions...

I can't wait until CA himself finally admits to it someday..

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If you guys think Chris Angel is doing real magic, may I suggest you don't go to see Harry Potter because it will blow your mind.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hi Paul,

As I was typing this, my Guides in TSOL said that your DAC is sky blue. Now I understand you a little more.

Er.... your Guides in the what, said that my what is sky blue?

I'm not familiar with this jargon at all, but please elaborate as you really piqued my curiosity!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
The FACT that there is NO helicopter above Criss at the Luxor means NOTHING to the denier's; they simply reverse logic and say " You cannot prove the helicopter IS'NT there!! ". Lack of evidence means no evidence.

The FACT that there is NO footage 100 or more feet above Criss at the Luxor means NOTHING to the believers; they simply reverse logic and say " You cannot prove Criss doesnt have Telekinesis" Lack of evidence means no evidence.

It remains a certainty that there is NO evidence whatsoever of Criss' using props,

It remains a certainty that there is NO evidence whatsoever of Criss' using Telekinesis.

Your position is pretty much the polar opposite of ours. You have no proof that Criss uses such a Gift.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

That is an interesting point but you need more to go on than him often wearing long sleeves and/or a jacket when he levitates.

No. Not Often, but as far as I know it is ALWAYS that he is wearing his longsleeved jacket. You can't concede that he just "might" have something to hide under it?

Well, all you have to do is review all the video links we provided on his high levitation.

....... The need to prove that an aerial object was in the sky to hold him up is in the camp of those who wish to further the argument that his high levitations are not performed with telekinesis.

Sigh, I have reviewed all the links. Please just once show me a video that clearly shows the 200-300 feet above CA as he Levitates. Not before, not after the fact, show me in an uninterrupted shot that shows CA and then pans up to the space 200-300 feet above him. If you can provide such a shot I will admit that CA has the power of TK, how's that? Provide such an uninterrupted shot that does that, nothing on Mindfreak even comes close to that, wouldn't that be a killer shot for them to include? Wonder why they don't show it?.

When you edit your own show, you get to dictate the reality you portray. Just because CA refuses to show video of the area above him while he levitates does not translate into "no evidence of helicopters or there are invisible helicopters" nonsense. What kinda school of Logic is that, I must have missed that one.

I understand that I have no video evidence of the Helicopters but it is not due to having footage that shows none, it is due to the lack of ANY video of the space above him as he levitates. Simply put, show me a video of the 200-300 feet above him as he levitates , if there is one in existence.

Yes, it may have been an illusion.

Happy now?

We will concede that some of that which Criss Angel performs are illusions if you and the others will concede that some of what he does is derived from a Gift of Telekinesis

Yes, quite happy even though you said "may" . I don't dispute that some of the things he does are real, meaning he is physically doing them. He is a very skilled and rounded showman who I enjoy watching. I tell you what. You provide a shot of CA doing the levitation without the jacket and with a clear shot of the air above him in an uninterrupted shot and then I will concede to you the TK. Until both of those are done, the most logical conclusion is a Stunt/Illusion done with a harness and wires with clever camera editing. If he could TK then he should be able to do it in mid air going through a large clear Plexiglas tunnel correct? He should be able to do other positions other than the stiff standing one? Has he done either of those?

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Sigh, I have reviewed all the links. Please just once show me a video that clearly shows the 200-300 feet above CA as he Levitates. Not before, not after the fact, show me in an uninterrupted shot that shows CA and then pans up to the space 200-300 feet above him. If you can provide such a shot I will admit that CA has the power of TK, how's that? Provide such an uninterrupted shot that does that, nothing on Mindfreak even comes close to that, wouldn't that be a killer shot for them to include? Wonder why they don't show it?.

In the Luxor Atrium levitation, you can very clearly see the ceiling right above his head and the fact that there are NO hooks, cinches, levers, pulleys, cranes etc, absolutely nothing that he could attach completely invisible wires to in order to support his weight.....

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
And that is not what I was asking for. Please reread my post and present video evidence if you think you have it rebutting my request.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The Atrium levitation is perhaps the best example of his use of telekinesis because you can very clearly see the ceiling and the fact that there's absolutely nothing there that's supporting his weight.

But now I suppose members of his production team are hiding down the hall and holding onto the completely invisible wires, "Let him down slow! Let him down slow now, or he'll die....."

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join