It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
hey PR, you aren't a Sikh by any chance are you?

No...not even close.

Are you?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Me? hahha I'm the farthest thing from a Sikh.

I'm a Roman Catholic till the day I die.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Me? hahha I'm the farthest thing from a Sikh.

Are you also a Jeet Kune Do practitioner?

I am.

I'm a Roman Catholic till the day I die.

Those who accept the Gifts of Jesus/Issa should also be able to embrace the idea that others can have them as well. Didn't Jesus say - according to the Gospels - that others could learn to do what he did?

He who believes in me will also do the works that I do;

and Greater Works than These will he do...

John 14:12

Biblical Source

Criss Angel has said publicly that he believes in Jesus

So where is the problem with him also having Gifts of the Spirit?

Or do we not agree with John and believe that only Jesus can have Gifts?

If so, then why?

[edit on 23-7-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
so let me get this straight, you're comparing Jesus to a stage performer?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
so let me get this straight, you're comparing Jesus to a stage performer?

To many people at the time of Jesus/Issa...he was just a "stage performer" or magician also.

So yes...I am.

And let us not forget that Criss Angel has also performed a number of the "miracles" attributed to Jesus.

Like changing water to an alcoholic beverage as well as walking on water.

Technically, Criss Angel is not really a stage performer. He does his feats in city parks, sidewalks, in parking lots, etc. Which is a key reason why he stands out next to the many magicians and illusionists who cannot duplicate his more impressive acts.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
water to wine... here it is antoine.frostburg.edu... walking on water can be done with a plexiglass platform not available in back then or possibly it was

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

water to wine... here it is antoine.frostburg.edu... walking on water can be done with a plexiglass platform not available in back then or possibly it was

Gee...I wonder if people said the same about Jesus when he purportedly changed water to wine at a wedding?

The heart of the issue is that according to Jesus (John 14:12), we can all learn to do what he does

You have a problem with that?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
No not at all, and Jesus only had a few spectators and anything at that time would be considered a magical feat... As for people being spiritually enlightened enough to do this, it's very possibly but not anywhere close to our time and if it was don't you think criss angel would be a specimen of scientific research to see how the brain has the ability to manipulate the environment around him?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I do believe he has practiced meditation and has understanding of how mind over matter can help you accomplish seemingly impossible feats, for example laying on a bed of spikes and what not.... but i've seen that demonstration from many other people as well... So to a certain extent i would say he has an ability nothing supernatural though...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

No not at all...

That is good.

...and Jesus only had a few spectators and anything at that time would be considered a magical feat...

Only to those inexperienced in that area of life.

As for people being spiritually enlightened enough to do this, it's very possibly but not anywhere close to our time...

What has led you to that conclusion?

...and if it was don't you think criss angel would be a specimen of scientific research to see how the brain has the ability to manipulate the environment around him?

Why?

They studied Uri Geller, Matthew Manning, and others decades ago. The government knows all about Gifts of the Spirit and even has Remote Viewers on their payroll. Some of those RV-ers, after leaving their federal jobs, have gone public in teaching their approach - like Ed Dames for example.

So if people portrayed a powerful Gift of the Spirit, as long as no illegal activities were pursued, they would not immediately be arrested and strapped down on an examination table. The government is already very knowledgeable on these matters.

So no...Criss Angel, David Blaine, and others, would not be "a specimen of scientific research to see how the brain has the ability to manipulate the environment around him."

Those who really know understand that the brain has little to do with it. That is why they are called Gifts of the Spirit and not Gifts of the Brain.

I do believe he has practiced meditation and has understanding of how mind over matter can help you accomplish seemingly impossible feats, for example laying on a bed of spikes and what not.... but i've seen that demonstration from many other people as well... So to a certain extent i would say he has an ability nothing supernatural though...

What you are describing is attributed to advanced yogic conditioning.

And yes...you are right. That is not a Gift of the Spirit.

However, Criss Angel does other things which do point to more than just advanced yogic conditioning.

For example...

Criss Angel Swallows A Quarter & Then Cuts It Out Of His Arm

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ok remote viewing has something to do with spiritual ability I'd consider it an out of body type... I said manipulation of environment being able to levitate for example, even with Telekinesis people were only able to manipulate small objects I have never seen it documented in any gov study where they could lift 150 lbs...Like i said we aren't close to unlocking our true potential but we're learning....

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
True jheated5, we are learning. Well, some of us anyway.

The basic principle is the same, whether it is a small object or lifting an adult male Homo sapien.

This clip of CA is funny:

Criss Angel - Yogi

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
EW86 et al,

Here's one I have not seen before tonight:

Criss Angel - The Force

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Yes i've seen this done on his show but instead of him swinging the club above his head i would have liked to seen him swing it behind his back, Honestly for the sake of TV there are so many ways that could have been duplicated it's unreal. He is an illusionist he doesn't claim to have any supernatural abilities he's a great entertainer. I'm not hating on the guy he sends a positive message to people to believe it can be done and open your mind to all possibilities, it's true that's what people need to do... but the only way we could convince each other that he was legit is if he was in front of you and I...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Honestly for the sake of TV there are so many ways that could have been duplicated it's unreal. He is an illusionist he doesn't claim to have any supernatural abilities he's a great entertainer.

Ah...but he does say that a lot of what he does is REAL, that he doesn't use camera tricks, and that he leaves it up to spectators to decide how he does it.

I'm not hating on the guy he sends a positive message to people to believe it can be done and open your mind to all possibilities, it's true that's what people need to do... but the only way we could convince each other that he was legit is if he was in front of you and I...

I've been around people with a Gift of Telekinesis before and therefore don't need CA in front of me to believe he has a Gift. Frankly, I would only be astrally attacked anyway. Group Entities are vehemently opposed to what I teach. For example, back in 1998, at an introductory seminar of Reiki and Seichem, I had to leave early for precisely that reason.

So I have a number of ways to tell if a GE is afoot and granting a Gift of Healing or Telekinesis. Usually, the more powerful healers are also telekinetics. Like for example, Qigong practitioner John Chang.

But perhaps you could seek to attend one of Criss Angel's LIVE performances.

EDIT: It is important to note that John Chang provides evidence that his healing and telekinetic ability comes from a discarnate collective. A speaker for the Group Entity that John Chang channels (or channeled) chastised him for showing off his powers in public and (accidentally) drawing blood while doing so

Telekinetic ability isn't achieved through advanced meditative practice. If it were all that easy, then thousands of advanced meditators around the globe would be levitating about just as Criss Angel does.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yes I'd like to see a show it'd be fun.. Telekinesis and Healing Powers are very real but i don't believe CA has those abilities.. You showed me YouTube links for CA's tricks but did you also check out the ones being revealed or people showing how it can be duplicated? Personally if it can be duplicated then obviously it isn't special, if i saw CA going into a hospital and curing a cancer patient then I would completely tip my hat to you and bow to him...www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Criss Angel already stated that most of his performances are illusions and nothing more, people can learn to do a lot of them with time and practice with someone who knows how to do them.. though some things are just physical strength and balance and arnt really "Magic" at all.. like getting dragged behind a 4 wheeler and untieing himself

Just because you cant explain it doesnt mean he has some magical power, the fact that people think that is why the illusion is so amazing to most people.. its very simple to do once you've "got it down" (except the physical acts... which are always hard
)

Bear Man~

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This guy explains it pretty well...imho. Sucks!...i wanted to believe

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Are you also a Jeet Kune Do practitioner?

I am.

Depends what you mean by "jeet Kune Do." If you mean using no way as way, then yes. I like to call it "all ways as way" though. It's essentially the same, isn't it?

Those who accept the Gifts of Jesus/Issa should also be able to embrace the idea that others can have them as well. Didn't Jesus say - according to the Gospels - that others could learn to do what he did?

He who believes in me will also do the works that I do;

and Greater Works than These will he do...

John 14:12

yes he did say that, and I believe it, but as far as criss angel, well... that's another story.

Criss Angel has said publicly that he believes in Jesus

So where is the problem with him also having Gifts of the Spirit?

No problem with that, but as far as I've seen, criss angel does not lead the life that a person who has the "gifts of the spirit" would lead.

I'm not saying he is a bad person, but someone who has the "gifts of the spirit" as you say, would not use their gifts for selfish purposes as criss does.

[edit on 23-7-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
DRPaulis that was a great find it's truly great what you can do with computers and images..... Hopefully people will watch the link you've posted so they know CA isn't the second coming of Christ hahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join