It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
By the way, PR, the Reference links you provide are a wealth of information and really great!! I am reading quite a bit of the things you recommend and am learning a lot already, comprehending things better with more knowledge, thank you.

EW86...you are most welcome

A couple of links were revised today and I added one to a clip from a CNN interview of Criss Angel with Larry King.

Originally posted by eyewitness86
I strongly recommend that all of the people with an interest in this go to the links that PaulRichard provides in his posts and read for a while. There are many links to Criss events and also many other examples of phenom's that are beyond the mundane in their essence.

If anyone has any links that they think may provide evidence of a Gift of Telekinesis, feel free to chime in.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Here is the Luxor Hotel, Las Vegas, levitation with great clarity and OBVIOUSLY NO WAY to wiggle around this one. There are NO supports or aircraft or wires or anything else there, just Criss and his abilities, from whatever source. It is irrefutable evidence.

I guarantee that the most intelligent rebuttal to this will be " but there MUST have been another helicopter above, invisible, breaking federal FAA law by having no lights on, with invisible wires coming from it." That is the only explanation other than the apparent one, the real one, and to believe that is far more ridiculous than to believe that there are things that the eye cannot see that are quite real.

This , in my opinion, is as close to documented, irrefutable proof as exists anywhere. Is there anyone out there who can come up with a better explanation than the one I proposed as the only (ir)rational excuse other than the obvious? WE will see. In the meantime, PR, what is your all time favorite? Or anyone, what is your best proof video of Criss having sublime abilities?Inquiring minds want to know!!

Mod Edit: to repair video

[edit on 7/23/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
this isn't paranormal.... general chit chat if you ask me.

I said it before and I'll say it again, tricks and illusions, not majic and nothing of the paranormal takign place in ANY of these events.

You can provide all the videos you want, the still don't prove anything.

No matter how many times you tell someone that it's tricks, they're still going to beleive what they want.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here are direct links to the clips of Criss Angel at the Luxor Hotel:

Criss Angel Levitates Down The Inside Of The Luxor Hotel - In Purportedly The Largest Atrium In The World

Criss Angel Levitates 500 Feet In The Air & Above The Luxor Hotel High-Temperature Lights

As to my favorite...

Hmmm.

The following two videos are probably the best thus far:

Criss Angel Levitates Between Two Buildings

Criss Angel Flies Around & Over A Tree At A Golf Course

There is also the one - which I have yet to find - of him performing a motorcycle jump into a ball of flame and completely disappearing in the air as the motorcycle falls to the ground. He then appears in the audience. Perhaps someone has access to that clip from his Mindfreak show.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thats exactly right!! You got it!! No matter how many times you type words on a screen and no matter what you say, UNTIL you can come up with a better answer than that, you are totally, absolutely , appallingly unconvincing in your assertion. just saying it, does not get it. You can say that the sun is purple but that does not make it so. Convince us.

No, you will not. You did not even have the nerve to choose the ridiculous ONLY alternative to the truth!! YOU KNEW how silly it sounds, so you just throw out a pronouncement like it had something of value, something behind it; but it does NOT. Not in any way, shape or form.

C'mon now, you naysayers have more imagination than THAT, don't you? If you cannot come up with a PLAUSABLE explanation for what you see, then admit it. The dishonesty screams out when you do not even bother to TRY and make some weak, unsupported, mathematically impossible claim and just say things as if you were the final authority on the matter. What makes YOUR views so absolute and sure? care to tell us why you are super qualified? Hmm..?

I thought not. You might be happy in the 9-11 threads, you could yell all day that the official story is true because youi SAY SO. That would be as relevant as many of the dobter's comments, for sure. Don't get frustrated when you cannot convince anyone with your post, it is just so utterly lacking anything substantive that it must be seen for what it is..the dying cry of a subdued foe, lashing out with it's last breath in deifance of reality..a fact that says a lot about the psychological and emotional make up of the foe rather than the relation to any truth...sad.

I think I messed up the video link and if a Mod can fix it I would be appreciative.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
WOW, what an entertainer!

That Luxor illusion is one of the best illusions I've ever seen an illusionist preform.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
THANK YOU PR..I appreciate the link the right way..I am learning this system still. I will look for the motorcucle jump clip and let you know if I find it.

My favorites are about the same as yours. There is another I am looking for that he does a disappearance on the roof of a hotel with s sheet, standing on a table, really great. I will get that soon too and post it or advise.

To all those that doubt what you are seeing, just imagine a way to do it without the ability to levitate; good luck. Listen to your gut in this, it will tell you.When you see him lit up in that billion candle power light, there is NO DOUBT that there are no wires, supports, props, etc., in play. None.

criss has the most powerful abilities right now but in the near future we may se 7 year olds doing the same; then we will be close!!

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

That was funny.... I like your rant.

You want to believe in those TRICKS so badly don't you?

I don't know what else you want me to say about it.

It is ALWAYS, camera tricks, slide of hand, the audience is in on it, probably paid too.

Think about it, you're in the audience and are offered money to "go along with it and keep your mouth shut", you're going to do it.

He's a magician at best and eventually all of the TRICKS will be explained, just like they always have been before. Once he runs his course and the money stops coming in, we'll hear all about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
KingLizard: I respect your belief. But I am curious, could you please tell me, so I can understand, how you can say that it is an illusion, if you cannot come up with ANY possible way that it COULD be an illusion? What I really mean is, if I were a skeptic, I would want to at least be able to figure out HOW the illusionist fooled me and others.

I could not be satisfied to merely say " It must be an illusion, even though I cannot concieve or explain how it might have been done ". To me that would not do, I would want to know how, so I was SURE that it was an illusion and not really a ' special event ' so to speak.

How can someone be satisfied to NOT know any way that something could be so, and yet still believe strongly that it must be so? it does not register with me. Maybe it is just me, I don't know. But it seems to me that anyone with a thirst for the truth, and to explore new paradigms, as I assume most on this site would be , would by nature want to go beyond the acceptance of a belief merely because it challenges the boundaries of the known paradigm, or at least be willing to concede that in a case like this, where there are no possible explanations other than the asserted one, there is a chance that we are seeing a true phenomenon and not an ' illusion '.

Either that or give us a convincing and rational way it could have been done. THAT is the main issue: Tell us HOW he possibly could have done it, without sounding like a fool, or admit that it just might be the real thing. Anything elase, anything at all, is just obfuscation and foolishness masquerading as an alternative viewpoint. If you are totally bereft of any possible ways he might have pulled off such an ' illusion ' then either you are not very imaginative, or( and most likley ) you are simply unable to deny the undeniable!!

When you try and deny the undeniable, you end up saying " Yep, its an illusion, alright!!" like an automaton while the people with their blinders off are saying " My God, why can't they see it? What is the matter with them ?" If I were defending a position with no evidence on my side and a host of evidence on the other, and all I could do was say over and over that I am right, I had better stay away from debating and stick to backwoods checker games where everyone is telling a tall tale and no proof is needed for an assertion.

Here though, hopefully, we can keep the standard for proof and supposition a little higher. I respect all here, but am dumbfounded at times when people offer NOTHING but their opinion, and expect it to carry the same force as the evidence we present. That is not fair and cannot be allowed. Apples and oranges; evidence versus denial. the victor is clear to any thinking person, I believe.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So from your pov the reasonable conclusion when you see a magician preform a trick that you can't explain is to assume that the physical laws of this universe are being suspended and manipulated by the performer for the duration of the trick.

Please explain to me how this is a rational response.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
That's a clever dodge...

To answer a question with a question.

I do believe that the inquiry that EW86 posed was how you think Criss Angel did his 500 feet in the air feat over the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas.

Or are we to assume that you simply have no theory or explanation?

Please explain to us how that is a rational response.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Criss angel is an illusionist, he isn't a god.

get over it, the man uses all sorts of Hollywood trickery.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
PR,

No, I'm not trying to dodge anything. I will freely admit that I don't know how the illusion is preformed....I'm not trying to hide that fact. You see that is my point. Just because you don't know how an illusion is preformed doesn't mean that the logical or rational explanation should be that the person is suspending and manipulation the laws of the universe.

[edit on 7/23/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Criss angel is an illusionist, he isn't a god.

get over it, the man uses all sorts of Hollywood trickery.

You have a poor definition of a god.

Criss Angel channels a large Group Entity which grants him a Gift of Telekinesis. At best, that makes him an angel prophet. At worst, it makes him a subangel prophet.

Neither of the above classify him as a god.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Just because you don't know how an illusion is preformed doesn't mean that the logical or rational explanation should be that the person is suspending and manipulation the laws of the universe.

A Gift of Telekinesis has been demonstrated by other people, like Uri Geller, various Qigong practitioners, and Sai Baba, among others.

I have also had direct experience with telekinesis.

In light of this, some but not all of the feats that Criss Angel performs do point to a Gift of Telekinesis.

They cannot be duplicated otherwise

It is not unreasonable to ask for other theories on the matter, especially from those who are not open to the possibility that a Gift of the Spirit also plays a part in CA's abilities. To simply state that it could be something else is not a satisfactory response.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

I may have a poor definition of God, but at least I don't have a poor definition of sanity.

I am sane enough recognize an ENTERTAINER and ILLUSIONIST when I see one.

I don't go about turning an ILLUSIONIST into a demi-god like other people.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sooo true when people start talking about criss angels psychic abilities and all this paranormal stuff it gets me thinking wow ATS is full of people willing to believe in anything if you throw it at them... Obviously if this guy could break the law of physics he wouldn't be on A&E doing a TV show he'd be locked up for study haha... Either way you're entitled to your own beliefs and the question i pose is do this, prove it's not a trick and that he's using "powers" or prove to me he's using illusions and camera tricks... Based on that alone i'm sure you can see where the scale would be slightly tilted towards....

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
furthermore the only way i'd believe criss angel had any powers is if he was in a crowd of a few hundred people including myself with no more than a pair of boxer shorts on watching him levitated, and once he was of the ground have random people lay underneith him and people with a step ladder above him checking for wires....If he can do this then i'll believe in the easter bunny...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

I may have a poor definition of God, but at least I don't have a poor definition of sanity.

The jury is still out on your latter assumption.

I don't go about turning an ILLUSIONIST into a demi-god like other people.

Not a demi-god. At best, Criss Angel is only an angel prophet. Which is probably why he chose ANGEL as his stage name.

In case you have been living in a closet your whole life...

Prophets, representative of many religions, who have portrayed various Gifts of the Spirit (presumably bestowed upon them from their "God" or "gods") have been in existence for time immemorial. They were in ancient Rome, in ancient India, in ancient Greece, and elsewhere around the world.

We are not making Criss Angel out to be a demi-god. Far from it. We are trying to illuminate people with a more progressive understanding that Gifts of the Spirit not only existed in the past - as they did with the prophet Moses and Issa/Jesus - but that they exist now as well.

Say...what is it exactly that you are humble about?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
hey PR, you aren't a Sikh by any chance are you?

[edit on 23-7-2007 by thehumbleone]

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join